Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blacklist for clans

Blacklist for clans

So many people just join my clan and advertise, and leave. It fills up the entire chat and I canít do anything about it since they leave as soon as they paste their advertising

Forum Champion
    How does a clan blacklist have any effect in your scenario ?

Spammers come and go from clans.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronChen View Post
    So many people just join my clan and advertise, and leave. It fills up the entire chat and I can’t do anything about it since they leave as soon as they paste their advertising
    The solution is to Report these accounts.

Stuff like the account called “you” advertising gems? It’s very frustrating. Our solution was to go to invite only because it was just too annoying.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH12 - LOJY8UUP9

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    An active and friendly discussion among clan mates is a good way to clean up undesired chat history.
    Not all clans are active chatters and that's okay. However, someone joining and posting spam or a derogatory comment and leaving should be able to be removed by the Leader.

Forum Master
    Close your clan, problem solved.

/Affront

A blacklist won't solve your problem. Even if one clan black lists one of their accounts, do you really think it affects them to not be able to join that one clan again? Spammers can simply create more accounts and there are literally millions of other clans they can spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    Close your clan, problem solved.
    /Affront
    Look... there are perks to having an open clan. If there weren't, it would not be an option. However, there are drawbacks like spam and garbage join/left posts. But there are also drawbacks of closed clans as well. Especially when starting or growing a clan. People don't send requests to clans that don't have many people. I think suggestion to reduce the negatives makes sense.
    Last edited by APoole00; 1 Week Ago at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronChen View Post
    So many people just join my clan and advertise, and leave. It fills up the entire chat and I canít do anything about it since they leave as soon as they paste their advertising
    I am being heckled by a person I booted once, who is obviously classy. They come back and spam our chat with middle finger emojis and profanity. I have reported them twice. I think a black list would be nice feature.

I know, you're going to recommend closing the clan. That's great when you're in a clan of all TH11 plus and people actively want to join your clan. For the rest of us, having an open clan reduces the need to actively recruit.

We just want features to get rid of spammers and hecklers. We want a chat filled with less of the ♥♥.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Make it “Invite Only” then. You keep people you don’t want out while you can still let the people you do want in. That way, you can separate the wheat from the chaff and avoid the problem you’re experiencing.