Thread: Clan War Spying

Fresh Spawn

Angry Clan War Spying

I am currently in a clan war and found that several members of the opposing clan for day 7 were able to leave their clan, join ours because we are open to new people, spy on our defenses and then leave. Returning to their previous clan where they were still able to take part in the war and level some of our bases. Not sure if not being able to spy would have changed the outcome of our war, but it hardly seems fair that people are allowed to leave during war and join the opposition and still participate. I enjoy clan wars when played fairly.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky78 View Post
    I am currently in a clan war and found that several members of the opposing clan for day 7 were able to leave their clan, join ours because we are open to new people, spy on our defenses and then leave. Returning to their previous clan where they were still able to take part in the war and level some of our bases. Not sure if not being able to spy would have changed the outcome of our war, but it hardly seems fair that people are allowed to leave during war and join the opposition and still participate. I enjoy clan wars when played fairly.
    You can fix that immediately by setting your clan to invite only while you are at war or in CWL. Almost all clans do that and you should too.

Forum Legend
    If only there was some way to keep folks from randomly joining your clan.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

There is nothing unfair about spying.. SC consider it a part of the game, so therefore a viable strategy..
    Others have posted a viable remedy too..

As to players leaving the clan, then returning.. This has also always been acceptable behaviour.. SC have even gone so far as allowing players to do cwl in one clan, and classic in another simultaneously.. So that aint going to change..
    Not everybody leaves their clan simply to spy on their opposition.

i ran my baby clan wide open in silver 1 and had no spies. of course at that level it doesn't really matter.

what I'm not understanding about your post is a complaint about fairness. nothing that clan did was unfair. the way you run your clan allowed them to get a legal advantage in war. this doesn't make it unfair.

This is just the fault of the clan leaders, not the system. Voice your concern regarding this , if they don't care then leave and join a better clan.

Warriors are OP
    Itís part of the game, I do it, itís no different to a football club scouting then opposition out in training the week before the game, it happens all the time

I have had a couple of attempts recently.. Maybe it goes with the recent war record, so they get curious..
    Cheeky blighters arent even trying to be coy about it.. See the join request, look at the oppo roster, and there they are lol..

maybe I should have let the latest guy in.. I rejected, but ran out of time to fill cc, so went in with empty cc's..
    They have promptly perfected me.. that showed em.

We Never allow New Members during Clan Wars or CWL - Stops that Problem Dead

Wondering if the goblins will steal my toilet paper lol
    Here is the official support article on this topic: https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/cl...ing&l=en&p=web.

Here is my favorite part:
    All is fair in love and war.
    Good luck. I hope my post was helpful.
    Now, I want to ask you to help. #SaveTheForums
    For humor & fun: Edit your question to make the repliee look stupid
    óKooky KO