Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: No Fun to Fight the One-man Clan

No Fun to Fight the One-man Clan

Matchmaking has been doing worse lately and yesterday matched my clan with a one-man clan. The advantage was in his favor and so he easily coordinated obtaining 60 stars within the first 90 minutes of war. I am trying to rally my clanmates to still do their attacks so we can gain the most clan xp from this war, but they are demoralized. It's no fun to fight the one-man clan. I suggest returning to the one account per device policy and ensuring some means of enforcing it.

Lol sounds like the guy we had in cwl a few months back, 15 attacks done at the start. But I didn’t think there ever was a rule on one account per device in the past

Centennial Club
    2 things
    what’s a “one man clan” got to do with matchmaking?
    and how do you know it’s just one player - maybe they’re all just very organised?
    so.. anyhow the one man was very good - what if he was a mediocre or bad attacker? Bet you wouldn’t be commenting then

sounds like a whinge to me
    learn something from his organised ways and attacking skills maybe and apply to your own clan
    Last edited by Wizzie; January 17th, 2020 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzie View Post
    2 things
    what’s a “one man clan” got to do with matchmaking?
    and how do you know it’s just one player - maybe they’re all just very organised?
    so.. anyhow the one man was very good - what if he was a mediocre or bad attacker? Bet you wouldn’t be commenting then

sounds like a whinge to me
    learn something from his organised ways and attacking skills maybe and apply to your own clan
    Yep. The matchmaker won't distinguish between clans run by one man and the other clans in any way so terming it as "worse" is totally uncalled for.As for the identification part, maybe all the accounts had one name or a similar name?

Pretty sure SC won't bring back the "One account per device rule", especially when the forum moderators and even the Community Manager have multiple accounts and not to mention the fact that SCID basically makes owning multiple accounts easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Domz69 View Post
    Lol sounds like the guy we had in cwl a few months back, 15 attacks done at the start. But I didn’t think there ever was a rule on one account per device in the past
    Apparently there was a rule earlier on ToS that said:

"You shall not have more than one Account at any given time, sell or give away your Account..."

here is a reply from an ex-mod back then-

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy View Post

you are ok to use multiple accounts on one device provided that they were each originally created on separate devices.

Yes the TOS does say one account per person but the rule is not enforced unless SC decide that you are using them for malicious purposes.

Conerned thread from which replies are taken-

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ans-2-Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by CyberController View Post
    Matchmaking has been doing worse lately and yesterday matched my clan with a one-man clan. The advantage was in his favor and so he easily coordinated obtaining 60 stars within the first 90 minutes of war. I am trying to rally my clanmates to still do their attacks so we can gain the most clan xp from this war, but they are demoralized. It's no fun to fight the one-man clan. I suggest returning to the one account per device policy and ensuring some means of enforcing it.
    Your bases are probably not that good if one person destroys them with a pre cooked army and barely any planning.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberController View Post
    In what way is the matchmaker getting worse?
    What advantage did he have?
    The fact that coordination is easier for one person is not an advantage that the MMA can or should measure.. Same way as playing skill is not a consideration with the actual matching process..
    You probably need to elaborate on your opening post, since you took the time to actually create a thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    Your bases are probably not that good if one person destroys them with a pre cooked army and barely any planning.
    Not necessarily..
    Most one man clans I have read about run mixed hall rosters..
    The main advantage this carries is organisation and reliability..

The easiest way to attain the biggest score is to start at the bottom and work up the map, and attack by starting with your weakest account..
    The war day lasts 24 hours, so it is easy enough to take a look at the bases before starting to cook troops..
    A one man clan doesnt need to master every strat out there, although the more flexible, the better they will be..

But same as a roster containing 20 or 30 individuals, that one guy can be hitting anyone with anything..
    i find that knowing one or two ground, and one or two air attacks is usually enough to be competitive..
    But this applies whether you are alone, or with a full clan of individuals..

I would agree with the pre cooked troops for cwl, as that event runs for 7 (8) consecutive days, so at least some of those days overlap times when work intervenes, so time is an issue..
    For regular war however, I only spin on my down days, so have plenty of time on my hands

I like it when the other clan attacks right away and early. That way we know how many stars we need to win. Whether it is one person or not makes no difference.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I like it when the other clan attacks right away and early. That way we know how many stars we need to win. Whether it is one person or not makes no difference.
    for sure. it is so much easier to plan endgame when you know your target.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Not necessarily..
    Most one man clans I have read about run mixed hall rosters..
    The main advantage this carries is organisation and reliability..

The easiest way to attain the biggest score is to start at the bottom and work up the map, and attack by starting with your weakest account..
    The war day lasts 24 hours, so it is easy enough to take a look at the bases before starting to cook troops..
    A one man clan doesnt need to master every strat out there, although the more flexible, the better they will be..
    But the op said the opponent got 60 stars in the first 90 minutes of the war. That doesn't leave much time to plan between the attacks. It takes minimum 20 attacks to get 60 stars. Assuming one attack takes 3 minutes that leaves only 30 mins to plan those attacks, 1.5 mins on average per base.

There is no other way than doing that with a pre cooked army, probably simple attacks that don't need much planning.