Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: No Fun to Fight the One-man Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    But the op said the opponent got 60 stars in the first 90 minutes of the war. That doesn't leave much time to plan between the attacks. It takes minimum 20 attacks to get 60 stars. Assuming one attack takes 3 minutes that leaves only 30 mins to plan those attacks, 1.5 mins on average per base.

There is no other way than doing that with a pre cooked army, probably simple attacks that don't need much planning.
    Yeah.. Fair comment Lorenz.

I had overlooked the fact he got bombed in the first 90 mins of the war.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzie View Post
    2 things
    what’s a “one man clan” got to do with matchmaking?
    and how do you know it’s just one player - maybe they’re all just very organised?
    so.. anyhow the one man was very good - what if he was a mediocre or bad attacker? Bet you wouldn’t be commenting then

sounds like a whinge to me
    learn something from his organised ways and attacking skills maybe and apply to your own clan
    I have learned a new attack from the guy

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro666 View Post
    Yep. The matchmaker won't distinguish between clans run by one man and the other clans in any way so terming it as "worse" is totally uncalled for.As for the identification part, maybe all the accounts had one name or a similar name?

Pretty sure SC won't bring back the "One account per device rule", especially when the forum moderators and even the Community Manager have multiple accounts and not to mention the fact that SCID basically makes owning multiple accounts easier.

Repeated names. I probably shouldn't have brought up MM getting worse, but this one-man clan had a 2.14 town hall advantage over my clan. Yes, most of my clanmates are rushed and have lousy attacks, but MM has found similar clans before. BTW, My clanmates rallied to put 50 stars on the board and get all the clan xp we could without the win.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    In what way is the matchmaker getting worse?
    What advantage did he have?
    The fact that coordination is easier for one person is not an advantage that the MMA can or should measure.. Same way as playing skill is not a consideration with the actual matching process..
    You probably need to elaborate on your opening post, since you took the time to actually create a thread about it.

Not necessarily..
    Most one man clans I have read about run mixed hall rosters..
    The main advantage this carries is organisation and reliability..

The easiest way to attain the biggest score is to start at the bottom and work up the map, and attack by starting with your weakest account..
    The war day lasts 24 hours, so it is easy enough to take a look at the bases before starting to cook troops..
    A one man clan doesnt need to master every strat out there, although the more flexible, the better they will be..

But same as a roster containing 20 or 30 individuals, that one guy can be hitting anyone with anything..
    i find that knowing one or two ground, and one or two air attacks is usually enough to be competitive..
    But this applies whether you are alone, or with a full clan of individuals..

I would agree with the pre cooked troops for cwl, as that event runs for 7 (8) consecutive days, so at least some of those days overlap times when work intervenes, so time is an issue..
    For regular war however, I only spin on my down days, so have plenty of time on my hands

Last war, the other clan had a .91 town hall advantage on my clan and this one-man clan has a 2.14 town hall advantage on my clan. These are the only two wars I have data for and the data denote a downward trend and sizable advantages for our opponents despite losing both wars. Both wars were 20v20 mixed hall. This kind of war really requires no great strategy for a one-man clan. The only close battles are at the top where attacker and defender are closer to peers. Our opponent was good with air attacks and many of my clanmates air defenses are not maxed. My base was challenging, but the maxed siege balloon and my mistake allowed him the 3-star. His armies could have easily been planned during preparation day, but it isn't very hard for a TH11 to 3-star a TH8.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberController View Post
    Last war, the other clan had a .91 town hall advantage on my clan and this one-man clan has a 2.14 town hall advantage on my clan. These are the only two wars I have data for and the data denote a downward trend and sizable advantages for our opponents despite losing both wars. Both wars were 20v20 mixed hall. This kind of war really requires no great strategy for a one-man clan. The only close battles are at the top where attacker and defender are closer to peers. Our opponent was good with air attacks and many of my clanmates air defenses are not maxed. My base was challenging, but the maxed siege balloon and my mistake allowed him the 3-star. His armies could have easily been planned during preparation day, but it isn't very hard for a TH11 to 3-star a TH8.
    I am a one man clan.. I war with no bigger than a th9..
    Latest war, I have 7 th9s in the war.. None of my bases carry xbow.. My mixed hall roster goes down to a th5 at the bottom..

The opposition have a th10 at the top, complete with 3 xbows.. they also have 8 th9s, all carrying xbow.. their roster ends with a th6..

Should I complain?.. No, I expect to win..

The accounts are only tools.. the match is weighted, so will likely have similar total point levels, as contained within the MMA..
    I have hero advantage, better walls, and better planned bases(not that lay out is counted)..

People choose their build path.. they also choose their roster.. The MMA simply crunches its numbers..
    If clans match, then they are similar, even if it doesnt appear so when viewing..
    Anything given is paid back, so a heavier account whether it be offence, defence, or both, will result in their clan mates having a little more difficult opponents elsewhere on the roster.

what it doesnt count or consider are organisation, playing skill, and base building skill.. And this is usually the biggest difference.

Repeated names. I probably shouldn't have brought up MM getting worse, but this one-man clan had a 2.14 town hall advantage over my clan. Yes, most of my clanmates are rushed and have lousy attacks, but MM has found similar clans before. BTW, My clanmates rallied to put 50 stars on the board and get all the clan xp we could without the win.
    The term rushed generally means upgraded in a way that is bad for war, so if your clan is knowingly upgraded in a way that is bad for war, at least you know what the problem is. Now it is time to fix it, rather than hoping the matchmaker will somehow change.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

what does 2.14 town hall advantage mean? if it means level and you're only comparing th levels to th levels you're missing just about 90% of what is taken into account by the mm.

SC only enforces each account to be played by one person (no sharing with others).

They will never enforce one account per person because majority of players have multiple accounts and that increases the amount of bases in the game which means more wars in the search pool, and greater revenue.

I've got 20 accounts myself and could do one man wars but i like warring with others, if people were limited to one account the game would quickly die.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The term rushed generally means upgraded in a way that is bad for war, so if your clan is knowingly upgraded in a way that is bad for war, at least you know what the problem is. Now it is time to fix it, rather than hoping the matchmaker will somehow change.
    Thank you for your wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    SC only enforces each account to be played by one person (no sharing with others).

They will never enforce one account per person because majority of players have multiple accounts and that increases the amount of bases in the game which means more wars in the search pool, and greater revenue.

I've got 20 accounts myself and could do one man wars but i like warring with others, if people were limited to one account the game would quickly die.

Thank you. I have decided to embrace the multiple accounts per person. I withdraw my previous recommendation.