Thread: Eagle artillery - war weight

Trainee

Eagle artillery - war weight

Hello, Iíve recently upgraded to th11. Would getting the eagle artillery significantly increase my war weight? Should I hold off for a while?

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanM05 View Post
    Hello, I’ve recently upgraded to th11. Would getting the eagle artillery significantly increase my war weight? Should I hold off for a while?
    It will increase your defensive war weight. Whether its worth the weight defepends on many clan specific factors. Even in isolation it depends on level of your base developement in terms of offence and defence and your skill level.

One thing to note, not building it makes you look better foten, since you will be lower down the order, and will create the semi false impression of ”carrying your weight”.
    Clan - Highland chiefs - member, 12thDIMENSION - lurking
    Accounts - 15 th12, 3 th11s. 3 th10 Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

To elaborate on what Viking has said.. You will gain maybe 5k on your defensive gold weight..
    Other factors to consider..
    How much extra offence have you added.
    How heavy is the roster you war in.
    If you are at the top, the anchor needs good defence, but sitting on top of a light roster, it may be unnecessary weight at this stage.
    Does your clan prefer cwl or regular war.
    Did you jump from a max, or close to, th10.
    Is your clan (leader) comfortable with you dropping the big gun for 11 early.

There are many things that can be considered apart from the actual weight increase..
    You are dropping the big ticket early, if you are new to 11..
    But each individual, and each clan, has differing thoughts and dynamics..
    What is right for 1, may not be right for another.

Forum Veteran
    Agree with above comment, and u will gain at least 12K if your were max TH10 before, and more then that if your current weight is significantly lower then 90K, but u will end up same when you maxed all the def, walls and hero at 110K, a complete maxed TH11 without EA weight 98K
    Last edited by samratulangi; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:29 AM.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

There are a few reasons I generally like to hold off on the eagle. I think it is too heavy on a new th11 for its worth. I also think some players think it is a much bigger deal than it really is, so when they see a base without an eagle or sitting lower on the map they think it is an easier 3 star and they fail. That is what has always been nice about max 9.11s, watching th10s fail on them.

As Viking and Sam said (and they know more than me) though, it depends on a lot of factors. For example, are you your clan's top base or are you buried way down low anyway?

Another thing that many don't seem to think of (and once again Viking and Sam can tell you more than me) is offensive weight. The old plan of just having your offense way out ahead of your defense doesn't work so well anymore. Once your offense is far enough along it may help to drop the eagle. I actually held off on my warden with my most recent th11 for quite awhile, something unheard of in the past. I dropped it when I started feeling like I needed it for the bases I was having to attack. Luckily I have two other accounts that just went to th11 so I can mess with those too. None of my th11s have edrags yet, though again I may add those soon on my most advanced base, not sure. One of them doesn't even have regular drags.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

its huge, but worth it, if your ready and an elite TH10 attacker, but prioritize defense b4 offense, 2 starring a stronger base takes skill and discipline, old school thinking is 3 starring a base wins wars, if you can score a perfect than they can too if the MM is working correctly and dont try to game the MM it takes years, but whose better at 2 starring? 2 starring up wins wars!!
    Last edited by alcusmc; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:12 AM.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by alcusmc View Post
    its huge, but worth it, if your ready and an elite TH10 attacker, but prioritize defense b4 offense, 2 starring a stronger base takes skill and discipline, old school thinking is 3 starring a base wins wars, if you can score a perfect than they can too if the MM is working correctly and dont try to game the MM it takes years, but whose better at 2 starring? 2 starring up wins wars!!
    If he is ready i dont think he will ask here.

I dont think there is any elite attakers stay at th10, they would be at TH12-13 by now.

3* win war, if u set up your roster properly still very much possible, our warlog list has all perfect win without any star missed for the last 50 wars, it has been more then 1 year we are getting perfect star every war, while no opponent can come close
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Quote Originally Posted by alcusmc View Post
    It isn't just old school thinking. 3 starring wins wars at all bases below th13 and even new th13s.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM05 View Post
    Hello, Iíve recently upgraded to th11. Would getting the eagle artillery significantly increase my war weight? Should I hold off for a while?
    my opinion... if you're in the bottom half of your clan in wars go ahead and drop the EA. if you're near the top i would wait a bit until such time as you get a war army upgraded.

i say this primarily because if you're in the bottom half your war weight is almost meaningless to the overall match, you may as well get as much defense as you can.