Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Has Supercell forgotten the boat?

  1. #11
    Junior Member ArthasMenethil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    All your statements and suggestions contradict with the above statement quoted from your first post. No, you didn't write so long because you like Builder Base, all your complaints here is about your dislike, and if you really dislike it so much, you wouldn't have create a second account.
    Again, at least try to read what you are replying at instead of throwing these pathetic answers. It clearly says “right now” and nothing was mentioned about the past. And wether I like or hate the builder base is an opinion of my own. Also did I mention you have the option to skip the thread instead of starting this dumb non sense?
      I am a kid looking for amusement

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ArthasMenethil View Post
    Well there is certainly no need for you to read the text when you can’t even comprehend a paragraph with 3 sentences in it. Can you tell me where in this entire text I suggested to make the builder base a separate game or even make my suggestions as it’s a separate game?
    Below is the post where you mentioned it. You use below post as a basis for your argument that Builder Base need to change, thus you are suggesting change so that Builder base can be a separate game. But it's NOT. Therefore your argument no longer holds true.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArthasMenethil View Post
    Yea I agree, I don’t think launching the builder base into a separate game would make it past beta development with the current setup. Though I am certain that with the right improvements more players would try the builder base, it’s hard to keep players playing a nightmarish game.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArthasMenethil View Post
    Again, at least try to read what you are replying at instead of throwing these pathetic answers. It clearly says “right now” and nothing was mentioned about the past. And wether I like or hate the builder base is an opinion of my own. Also did I mention you have the option to skip the thread instead of starting this dumb non sense?
    Stop throwing personal attack into the argument. My argument points were all based on your posts on this thread and nothing about personal. No way I stated your argument was pathetic or dumb or non sense regardless how much I disagree with yours, I just quoted what you said and point out the contradicting points in it. Nobody said you couldn't have your own opinion, you are free to give your opinion, but others don't have to agree with your opinion. If you are willing to post a thread, then be ready to receive feedback that may not agree with your points instead of those people to skip your thread.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; January 17th, 2020 at 06:33 AM.

  3. #13
    Pro Member Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    580
    Let's focus on your suggestions, they are the real "meat" of your post.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArthasMenethil View Post
    In addition I have few suggestions and improvements for the builder base to maybe make it better.

    1. Change the guard post troops from roaming and make it so that the troops spawn after it is destroyed, it will help improve the bad AI of troops taking weird paths to chase the guard troops.
    I view this is a feature, rather than something that needs to be fixed. The guard post placement is key in base building, as it will distract troops and throw them off the path. This is a powerful effect, and I think it's there by design.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArthasMenethil View Post
    2. Increase the health of the bombers and change the way the bombers target the walls, instead of the bombers targeting the nearest wall, make them so they target the walls to the builder hall, just like the wall wrecker but less tanky yet more tanky than the current bombers, this will change base designs as well as get rid of the “dead walls” that the builder base is full of.
    I find this idea interesting. I'd like to see it play out on a dev build, as I'm not sure how this would really impact the game. I do think this could shake up the meta a bit, and possibly in a good way.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArthasMenethil View Post
    3. Increase the passive beta minion range a little, slow their attack speed a little and change the beta minion long shot ability and instead make it a “powerful shot” ability that deals high damage for the first shot(s). This will help the the beta minions AI from switching targets when the old long shot ability expires and prevent them from wasting their long shots on a demolished target.
    As someone who uses a lot of drop minion, I would love this, but I think it might make the little guys OP. At the very least slowing them down would keep them from outpacing the drop ships and eating the air bombs.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArthasMenethil View Post
    4. Add an area of effect ability for the battle machine that hit surrounding buildings and reduce a percentage of their hit points, after all that’s what thunder does.
    I think you mean lightning, but yes, it would be nice to have a hero that's an actual hero.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArthasMenethil View Post
    5. Also since Supercell is working on implementing a change on the leaderboards wintrading, maybe add it to the builder base as well, win trading been there since BH5.
    They did ban some accounts about a year ago for this. There was a discussion here about it, including one of the cheaters' pathetic hangers-on going on about how they were "changing the way builder base was played" or something silly like that. Yeah, like they invented cheating. SMH.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArthasMenethil View Post
    6. The obvious one, improve the AI of, well, everything.
    I think the "open wall" concept in the meta of builder base is more responsible for this than anything else. Overall, I'd be leery about implementing too many of these, or you might risk seeing repeated 100% draws at the higher levels.
    Last edited by Rizzob; January 17th, 2020 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Typo

    Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots

  4. #14
    Junior Member ArthasMenethil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Below is the post where you mentioned it. You use below post as a basis for your argument that Builder Base need to change, thus you are suggesting change so that Builder base can be a separate game. But it's NOT. Therefore your argument no longer holds true.






    Stop throwing personal attack into the argument. My argument points were all based on your posts on this thread and nothing about personal. No way I stated your argument was pathetic or dumb or non sense regardless how much I disagree with yours, I just quoted what you said and point out the contradicting points in it. Nobody said you couldn't have your own opinion, you are free to give your opinion, but others don't have to agree with your opinion. If you are willing to post a thread, then be ready to receive feedback that may not agree with your points instead of those people to skip your thread.
    Whattttt? Seriously! Get out of here. What a waste of time. You still quoting the same statement when there isn’t a single word saying I am suggesting to make the builder base a separate game. Also I didn’t say your argument is pathetic but your answers are, your entire feedback is out of place, and actually you are not agreeing or disagreeing with anything my post mentioned, the only thing you doing is making stuff up, like I am suggesting to make the builder base a separate game. Which is completely not true in every aspect. You must be trolling.
      I am a kid looking for amusement

  5. #15
    Junior Member ArthasMenethil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    I view this is a feature, rather than something that needs to be fixed. The guard post placement is key in base building, as it will distract troops and throw them off the path. This is a powerful effect, and I think it's there by design.
    Now that you mentioned this, changing the guard troops would make attacking much more powerful, especially Pekkas since they won’t get distracted. It’s a key building against these type of attacks indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    I find this idea interesting. I'd like to see it play out on a dev build, as I'm not sure how this would really impact the game. I do think this could shake up the meta a bit, and possibly in a good way.
    What I am thinking here is it would shift walls placement from just sitting on the outside acting as a delay for bombers to them being used to defend the base. Right now I see a lot of walls just there on their own surrounding the base.
      I am a kid looking for amusement

  6. #16
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,405
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    Sorry, you lost me at the unreadable wall of text.
    I almost finished the first paragraph, but with no idea where it was going, Iím gone.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •