Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Supercell forgotten the boat?

Has Supercell forgotten the boat?

Going to the builder base now just feels so miserable, it is as awful as it could get. A year ago I made a post about the builder base, and suprise suprise, I could copy paste the same post a year after and everything about it still holds true, same issues, same Supercell running away from them. So horrendous! This is nothing new to most of the players, but I am writing this because I actually like the builder base and want to see a change. I like it to the point that I created a second account specifically for the builder base when the update came out in order to join a builder base pushing clan, I gemmed the rewards time to max the bases within a couple weeks after their releases, now I don’t even use the free builder potions and turn them into gems. Lot of things come out having issues or problems at first, and so did the builder base, problems that are supposed to be addressed and get fixed at some point of time, but to do absolutely nothing from the day it was released is NOT ACCEPTABLE. Just stacking bugs and issues for several years is not the way to go. No wonder that so many are trying to avoid it and just thinking about it when a task needs to be finished. And the AI is so bad, I remember when AI glitches used to be funny, now it is not even funny anymore because of how often you encounter it now.

For reference here is the entire post from a year ago unchanged:

“I never despised anything as I hate the builder base right now, absolutely horrid system. Beside the fact that it's about 9 months since anything new dropped, a lot of stuff are still messy and remain unfixed. - PvP system where you need to wait for troops to train AND with a battle machine that takes 10 mins to revive.- Walls have one and only one purpose, delay bombers. The way the troops AI is designed is that if you have few rows of walls together all troops will go around so you need to bring bombers to break these walls which lead to all these base designs use dead walls, basically a wall that does nothing but delay bombers, at high ranks around 4000-6000 you will seldom see a base using its walls to defend, just bases with dead walls and max walls have so much hitpoints a battle machine needs 2 abilities to get through.- Foolish troops never been fixed. Cannon carts skip a structure and hit the one behind it, minions ability waste so many shots hitting a dead target like if a minion is attacking an army camp with the long shot ability, it destroy the army camp and then waste its remaining long shots on a demolished target. Minions re-targeting when their ability has ended and they have to get closer. Every troops dummy position, so there are 2 army camps next to each other out of reach of defences, you drop a barb to take them out, the barb destroys the first army camp and when he's going for the second one he goes to the back side of the army camp to attack it, this issue is happening with every single troop and the battle machine. Send a minions straight, it goes to attack from the side, what's going on hate life much??-Win trading amongst top players never to be fixed and been there since builder hall 5 but I don't care much about it anymore, dead leader board that can't even reset the trophies.-Horrible balancing at BH8 and very disappointed with the last balance change as if Supercell no longer knows how to view their data. the cannon cart had a high usage rate which " is not healthy for a PVP game when the top tiers are only using a single meta attack" so they got nerfed. Except you missed the fact that cannon carts weren't being used in a single meta attack but used in a lot of types of attacks in tons of different combinations and offense is so weak that zero and one stars are common even at 5000+ range, I can't even remember the last time my base got tripled. The meta is so awful, same armies same bases. Learn how to beat these few bases and voila you're in top 200 world. My clan: Creative Clash PB: 6051 rank#4 World”

In addition I have few suggestions and improvements for the builder base to maybe make it better.

1. Change the guard post troops from roaming and make it so that the troops spawn after it is destroyed, it will help improve the bad AI of troops taking weird paths to chase the guard troops.
    2. Increase the health of the bombers and change the way the bombers target the walls, instead of the bombers targeting the nearest wall, make them so they target the walls to the builder hall, just like the wall wrecker but less tanky yet more tanky than the current bombers, this will change base designs as well as get rid of the “dead walls” that the builder base is full of.
    3. Increase the passive beta minion range a little, slow their attack speed a little and change the beta minion long shot ability and instead make it a “powerful shot” ability that deals high damage for the first shot(s). This will help the the beta minions AI from switching targets when the old long shot ability expires and prevent them from wasting their long shots on a demolished target.
    4. Add an area of effect ability for the battle machine that hit surrounding buildings and reduce a percentage of their hit points, after all that’s what thunder does.
    5. Also since Supercell is working on implementing a change on the leaderboards wintrading, maybe add it to the builder base as well, win trading been there since BH5.
    6. The obvious one, improve the AI of, well, everything.
    Last edited by ArthasMenethil; January 16th, 2020 at 06:33 PM.
      I am a kid looking for amusement

Sorry, you lost me at the unreadable wall of text.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Forum Legend
    Wall of text.
    Paragraphs are your friend.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Forum Veteran
    I think there is something about the builder base in there...

In which case - please revert to the builder base forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    Sorry, you lost me at the unreadable wall of text.
    haha sorry wasn’t supposed to be like that I don’t know why the spacing didn’t work. Hopefully better now

Since its founding nearly 11 years ago, Supercell has fully launched five mobile titles, a surprisingly small number for such a successful company. Supercell typically has between four and six games in development at any given time, and sometimes as many as eight. With only five total full launches, that's a lot of killed games.

I think too many people believe that the BB should have been one of them and if it wasn't attached to such a successful game it would have bombed a long time ago.

They developed up to BH8 at release I believe and have added BH9 since then, I'm not sure there are enough players to warrant any further investment. Don't forget they have all the stats on how many are playing!

Yea I agree, I don’t think launching the builder base into a separate game would make it past beta development with the current setup. Though I am certain that with the right improvements more players would try the builder base, it’s hard to keep players playing a nightmarish game.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthasMenethil View Post
    haha sorry wasn’t supposed to be like that I don’t know why the spacing didn’t work. Hopefully better now
    It's not about spacing, it's about ENTER to create paragraph.
    And no, it's still look terrible and unreadable after you had edited it (well, I had short term focus).

Yea I agree, I don’t think launching the builder base into a separate game would make it past beta development with the current setup. Though I am certain that with the right improvements more players would try the builder base, it’s hard to keep players playing a nightmarish game.
    Well you are right to think that, but Builder Base is NOT a separate game, why would you give suggestions as if it is a separate game? It's NOT.

....but I am writing this because I actually like the builder base and want to see a change. I like it to the point that I created a second account ....
    All your statements and suggestions contradict with the above statement quoted from your first post. No, you didn't write so long because you like Builder Base, all your complaints here is about your dislike, and if you really dislike it so much, you wouldn't have create a second account.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; January 17th, 2020 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    It's not about spacing, it's about ENTER to create paragraph.
    And no, it's still look terrible and unreadable after you had edited it (well, I had short term focus).

Well you are right to think that, but Builder Base is NOT a separate game, why would you give suggestions as if it is a separate game? It's NOT.
    Well there is certainly no need for you to read the text when you can’t even comprehend a paragraph with 3 sentences in it. Can you tell me where in this entire text I suggested to make the builder base a separate game or even make my suggestions as it’s a separate game?

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    If you’re looking for something fun to do on the builder base outside of daily season pass challenges, clan games, gear-ups, and O.T.T.O., get yourself a second barbarian head statue and grow some grass into a personalized pattern. This does take patience and other decorations to coax the grass to grow where you want, but the end product can be quite amazing. I’ve grown to love my grassy “TFD” which is my in-game nickname.