Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unplayable

Unplayable

Hi All,

Long, long, long time player, long time reader, first time poster.

I am aware that 'the clouds' have been an issue for, well, forever on Clash but since the last update it is nearly impossible to find a base to attack.

A quick snapshot of who I am:-
    TH 13. Was nearly maxed out TH 12 before the update.
    Currently 4,857 trophies so in Titan 1.
    Was in Legends until last week when a few bad attacks and dropped internet connection cost me a lot of trophies.
    I'm 42. Work in London and have limited time to play in the evening after my daughter has gone to bed.

Now I'm plummeting down through Titan 1 because I CANNOT find anyone to attack within a reasonable time frame, with a reasonable time frame for me being about 1 minute.

Even before the update it was impossible to find a base to attack, say between the hours of 12pm to 5pm London time (is this because Asia have finished school/work/uni and are all online?). This does not usually concern me too much as I'm usually in work but occasionally I would like to sneak off to the toilet for a quick attack but due to the above I can never attack. As I've been on holiday over Christmas and had more time to attack during this time period I've noticed that it remains the same, impossible.

Now with the precious hour or so I have in the evening to attack, all I'm doing is staring at clouds. It is literally taking 10 minutes for a base to appear and even then it is usually a low winning trophy, say +7/-35, so I have to search again.

Before the update I would use a Training Potion and could easily get 6 attacks done in the hour the potion lasts, and sometimes jump up a 100 trophies in that hour which is a decent amount for me. Last night in an hour I found two bases to attack but even then the trophies for the win were pathetic, like +15/-25 and usually I don't attack for anything less than +30 but last night I had just had enough and attacked anything!

Now I know this has been solved in Legends due to the format of the searching, and I am frantically trying to get back into Legends, but I can't because I can't attack enough due to the tedious amount of time it takes to find anything worth attacking!

Is there any chance at all that 'the clouds' can be solved one and for all across all Town Halls and Leagues so when one searches for a base to attack it takes at most a minute to find a base to attack? If not I'm afraid I'll have to stop playing as the game is just not fun at the moment for a busy person with limited time to play.

Thanks,

The Pharaoh

P.s. Clash is literally the only game I play as Clash is the only game I have time to play!

not interested in thread counts/titles just a guy on the forums chatting away
    For a long time player you dont seem to know tne basics a increase in clouds has been caused by a lot more players being online due to the th13 update and the many events over the xmas period i myself was in titan1 as i wasnt keen on the legend gameplay but as soon as i saw the sneak peaks i dropped quicker then a rock straight down to masters were i am happily doing raids,clan games and season challenges with lovely sunny weather and not a cloud in sight which is what i would suggest you do until sc come up with a better idea for titan or until player activity returns to normal levs
    Not a spammer nor a toxic person just a forum friendly guy who likes to chat about all things clash of clans and hayday

Quote Originally Posted by ThePharaoh22 View Post

Now I know this has been solved in Legends due to the format of the searching, and I am frantically trying to get back into Legends, but I can't because I can't attack enough due to the tedious amount of time it takes to find anything worth attacking!

Is there any chance at all that 'the clouds' can be solved one and for all across all Town Halls and Leagues so when one searches for a base to attack it takes at most a minute to find a base to attack? If not I'm afraid I'll have to stop playing as the game is just not fun at the moment for a busy person with limited time to play. ...
    It was solved in Legends via pre-matching. All Legends Players are given 8 bases in advance. Once in Legends, you are trapped in Legends for that full day.

Do not think players would want that in lower leagues. It limits number of attacks per day to a set number for all. It does not allow for nexting. It forces you to stay in that same League all day. (If you and I are both in Titans at the time we are matched, then you better still be in Titans if I attack you late that day. Else, the whole ladder system and Leagues make no sense).

OBS removed clouding in Legends, but it is simply not a "one size fits all" solution.
    Last edited by rowman; January 2nd, 2020 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlk View Post
    For a long time player you dont seem to know tne basics a increase in clouds has been caused by a lot more players being online due to the th13 update and the many events over the xmas period i myself was in titan1 as i wasnt keen on the legend gameplay but as soon as i saw the sneak peaks i dropped quicker then a rock straight down to masters were i am happily doing raids,clan games and season challenges with lovely sunny weather and not a cloud in sight which is what i would suggest you do until sc come up with a better idea for titan or until player activity returns to normal levs
    It's a good point but surely Supercell can predict this, and excuse me as I'm not a tech expert, and give more server power/bandwith/whatever it is called to the search engine?

I mean what is it ultimately? It is a search engine with as far as I'm aware a few basic search criteria:-
    - A Town Hall around the searchers level.
    - Trophies around the searchers level.
    - No shield or guard on the bases being searched.

That's it, right? So why does it take so long to generate a result when the search criteria is so small? Surely it's just a case of creating a faster search engine?

Like I say, I'm no tech expert but I can't believe in 2020 with all the tech at a companies' disposal they can't solve this.

Since my original post there has been a significant improvement most of the time, but sometimes it is just unplayable. Two nights ago I spent 15 minutes floating in the clouds until a base appeared but today it has been usually on average a minute or so which is playable, just!

Anyway, onwards and upwards and back in to Legends where the clouds disappear!

P.s. there is no way on this Earth that I am dropping down below Titan 1! The amount of time I've spent to get in Titan and Legends dropping X amount of trophies is not an option (and really shouldn't be up for consideration as the problem should just be fixed with quicker searches!)

Just seen this which will help, hopefully!

We will also be making the following changes to the Guard times in Titan League to help reduce the clouding. The Guard times will be reduced to the following:

• Titan I: 120 minutes -> 60 minutes
    • Titan II: 150 minutes -> 60 minutes
    • Titan III: 180 minutes -> 60 minutes

I mean what is it ultimately? It is a search engine with as far as I'm aware a few basic search criteria:-
    - A Town Hall around the searchers level.
    - Trophies around the searchers level.
    - No shield or guard on the bases being searched.
    Thats it but not at champs and above → the th criteria doesnt matter there.

So why does it take so long to generate a result when the search criteria is so small? Surely it's just a case of creating a faster search engine?
    Because you were in titan 1. The higher you go the longer the search times are.

Two nights ago I spent 15 minutes floating in the clouds until a base appeared but today it has been usually on average a minute or so which is playable, just!
    There are times where are more players offline and without shield and there are times where more players online and others have shield. Due to that you can have longer search times or just few seconds.

P.s. there is no way on this Earth that I am dropping down below Titan 1! The amount of time I've spent to get in Titan and Legends dropping X amount of trophies is not an option (and really shouldn't be up for consideration as the problem should just be fixed with quicker searches!)
    Then you have to deal with the situation.🙄

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Thats it but not at champs and above → the th criteria doesnt matter there.

Because you were in titan 1. The higher you go the longer the search times are.

There are times where are more players offline and without shield and there are times where more players online and others have shield. Due to that you can have longer search times or just few seconds.

Then you have to deal with the situation.
    But there should be no situation to deal with. It should just be a quicker search regardless of what league someone is in.

Hopefully the change to Titan guard time will help.

But there should be no situation to deal with. It should just be a quicker search regardless of what league someone is in.
    Hopefully the change to Titan guard time will help.
    Sc already shortened the shield times in titan league and today they also reduced the village guard in all titan leagues down to 60 minutes.

Yeah, I saw that which is great and will help (but you can still use 10 gems to get a further two hours.....) but my point and question still stand.

I understand there are less players in Titan. I understand that these players might have a shield or guard.

Why though does it take so long based on the simple search criteria outlined above to find a base to attack?

Im guessing there are thousands and thousands of players in Titan so why does it take so long to find a base at my trophy level with no shield or guard?

The only answer I can think of is that the search engine that Supercell uses is fundamentally flawed.

Give the new changes a try and maybe it solve your issue.