Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: One Chance to Change our Clan Name

Completely agree. Nothing else to add

Boom Beach now allows task force (boom beach equivalent of a clan) name changes with gems, so I don't see why they can't do the same with clash
    | TH12 | BK 65 | AQ 65 | GW 32 |

Agree. Maybe level 7?

One time name change at lv 10 with gems and the date of the change shown in clan profile.

One Time Clan Name Change Option

Hey fellow Clashers,

I think we can all agree that it would benefit everybody to be allowed to change our clan name as a one time thing like we initially got for in game names. I'm sure most of us are victim of either making up a horrible name or random name for a clan that ended up growing pretty fast. To lose all the perks and effort done in the clan by making a new clan just to be able to change its name would be really unfortunate. It could be a one time thing or even require gems so its not something people would do too often.

Just a proposition from a passionate clasher. Appreciate all the work you guys do Supercell.

Any ideas to facilitate implementing this idea is welcomed

Sincerely,

Jimmy

I would phrase it as we would benefit from not having fairly frequent requests for clan name change posts.

I have no interest in changing my own clan name even though I am the 4th leader. With that said, as a fan of starship troopers (book not that awful movie) I could see a potential in changing the name at leader change. The clan could be Piper's pekkas, piper's pirates, pipers pachyderms, or even piper's pouncing pandas.

Supercel is aware of the requests but it is not high on their priority list. At the time of Darian's last post on the matter.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I would phrase it as we would benefit from not having fairly frequent requests for clan name change posts.

I have no interest in changing my own clan name even though I am the 4th leader. With that said, as a fan of starship troopers (book not that awful movie) I could see a potential in changing the name at leader change. The clan could be Piper's pekkas, piper's pirates, pipers pachyderms, or even piper's pouncing pandas.

Supercel is aware of the requests but it is not high on their priority list. At the time of Darian's last post on the matter.
    Agreed on your estimation of the book vs the movie, Heinlein rules. Cant seethe need for clan name changes though.

Fresh Spawn

Exclamation Allow us to change clan names or prohibit it entirely.

Hello! I think it's time to finally create a post on this forum. The open letter, which I wrote more than 7 months ago on Reddit and which got more than 500 upvotes, remained ignored for some reason - I did not receive any answer or, at least, mention. MajorJohnson (the forum user) also created a thread which describe this problem: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Currently, I would like to address a different issue that concern all Clash of Clans players in general. I think it would be a good idea to just copypaste my post about it from Reddit, because for some reason it was downvoted a lot and did not get the necessary attention, although I consider this an issue worthy of much discussion.

Good day, Reddit, Iím in touch again, and as always, injustice and hypocrisy in relation to Clash Of Clans players is on the agenda. Today we will talk about changing the name of a clan. As we know, based on the rules, the name of a clan can be changed in one and only one case: if the name violates the gameís terms of service. However, the world we live in is often full of disappointment. In reality we have the following scenario: Supercell easily changes the names of clans left and right, but, as you may have guessed, this option is not available to everyone. Starting from the announcement of the first World Championship, as well as from the moment of signing the first professional team, Tribe Gaming, Supercell began to change the names of clans to the names of the eSports organizations they represent. However, if us mere mortals decide to ask for technical support to change the name of our clan, we will receive a guaranteed refusal, because this is simply not allowed! For us pedestrian players, this leads to a logical conclusion that is quite ridiculous. Since the name of the clan can be changed contrary to the rules if you are an eSports organization, one can create their own eSports organization, then sign their own clan, and then Supercell will have to change their name. However, since this has not been written about anywhere, I am left thinking about Supercellís reasoning for their actions. Perhaps these teams pay Supercell, or maybe Supercell just once again wipes their feet of the requests of plebeian players. Why are they forced to play in their clans for years to upgrade them to a high level (with the name that they like), and a bunch of eSports upstarts have the highest right to do what is inaccessible to all other players?

Therefore, I propose either ALL players are allowed to change the name of their clan for FREE or PROHIBIT changing the names of clans, regardless of their status in the eSports community (as well as return the clans to their former names). Thank you for listening to me, I hope for support not only from Reddit, but from the whole community, because over the years of the game Iím tired of enduring injustice to players and hypocrisy from Supercell.

Sincerely, Hadros.

So, I would like to see an answer from Supercell staff. Thank you for attention.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadros View Post
    So, I would like to see an answer from Supercell staff. Thank you for attention.
    I think you might confused about the purpose of the players' forum. This forum is here to allow players to discuss the game with other players. It's not your personal one-on-one correspondence with Supercell staff to answer your every question.

Personally, I'm quite glad that players can't just suddenly change their team names for free, as you've suggested. I've seen enough players robbed of their accounts or their clans by other unscrupulous internet people. The last thing I'd want to see is an even greater incentive for people for steal other players' clans.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 681 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Yes, esports has separate rules, it is equivalent to the Professional aspect (money is at stake) as opposed to the Amature aspect, no money at stake. And yes, like in many professional endevors, teams can gain sponsorship. There are other aspects that apply to them only, but not the community at large. For example, I can form a clan consisting of my own 15 accounts, and enroll in CWL. In the esports component, you cannot do that. Each account must be an individual person. So in the name of "fairness" should they have a rule that all clans must have all accounts owned by unique people? Should all non-esports players be at least 18 years of age? Should all players have to register with their real identity, and sign an agreement, even if not an esports clan?

Many have asked for an ability for the Clan Leader to change the clan name. Suggest and discuss that upon it's own merits. But please do not equate "fairness" to what esports can do, as opposed to the player population at large. Else, you are opening a big can-o-worms asking that all differences be negated.
    Last edited by rowman; January 17th, 2020 at 03:17 AM. Reason: typo