Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: End Game Update

Forum Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Admittedly, yes, some of those things will be a part of the updates we have planned. But they're not the main focus of the updates for 2020.
    Oh, I don't even dare to guess at the curve ball that you guys have planned :-)

I expect 2020 to be just as eventful for the game as the previous years!

/Affront
    TH13-68/66/42/13|BH9| Farm with US | full stats

Just to add some spice to this discussion, when we released the TH13 update, we deliberately held back some content in order to space it out over this year. However, it wasn't held back to maximize how much mileage we could get out of an update; it was more to spend a bit more time polishing some of the ideas we had for the TH13 release and flesh them out a bit more.

We have a few big updates planned for 2020, and a large amount of it will be geared towards either helping players move towards TH13 or giving TH11 through TH13 more endgame content.

The standard disclaimer: no, we won't be dropping hints about it until we get closer to each of the updates. And no, it won't be TH14.
    Personally, I like having multiple small updates rather than one large one, so no need to add a disclaimer about stretching out the th13 update for me. I'd rather have a new troop level upgrade every month for 4 months than 4 new troop upgrades all at the same time, rather cannons now and archer towers 2 months later, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gamul1 View Post
    Appreciate all you do Darian. But I do hope you and the team is able to hear the message from long time players too - That these excruciating long and costly upgrades are getting boring.

Upgrades in themselves are nice - but when the result of the upgrades is more long updates that cost more and more and take longer and longer - that is not really new.

The upgrades that were truly exciting were when SC added Clan Wars, Clan War League, and to some extent the seasonal games. The Builder base is somewhat interesting too but its problem is that its just another base that gets more and more painful to update. Adding new defenses like the Eagle, the Town Hall defenses and the scatter shots - thats NOT new and exciting. Its just more of the same type of stuff that takes forever to update and costs a fortune. Even with 6 builders I sit on max loot for days because things take too long.

Right now, I would say SC is stuck in a rut and seems to not know how to think outside the box on this.
    I hope they also hear from those of us who like getting more to upgrade, even if they are long (and cost is irrelevant, they could double the costs and it would be fine). Many of us long time players loved the game before war, war leagues, etc., we love raiding, stealing loot and upgrading our base.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Millennial Club
    And no, it won't be TH14.
    Rats. Someday my creation will see life....

Upgrade times are pretty irrelevant to me, I always plan for the next free builder, and I time them to never sit on max loot.

So at max 2 days until the next one is free I will start an upgrade, Rest goes into walls. I have done it like this since forever.. Currently I am sitting in Legends and have to say 8 attacks a day are enough to get the loot to keep 6 builders busy and maxing walls at the same time.

So I don't really understand the complaints, it's the game and if upgrades would finish after a week it would be exactly the same..
    Maybe it's just for the feeling of accomplishment or something..

Being maxed and just doing walls wasn't that great.. So I rather have long upgrade times, than nothing to do..
    Last edited by CptTrips; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:56 PM.

i predict air blower upgrade to blow freezing air.

th13 is centered around 'cold' theme (apart from infernos), so a airblower upgrade that blows away and slows would be possible.

freeze traps also

also camps did not get an upgrade, these could
    and the dark barracks also

Quote Originally Posted by 0x0000000167 View Post
    i predict air blower upgrade to blow freezing air.

th13 is centered around 'cold' theme (apart from infernos), so a airblower upgrade that blows away and slows would be possible.

freeze traps also

also camps did not get an upgrade, these could
    and the dark barracks also
    They can't add anymore difficulty to air attacks. As it is, air is weaker right now. Once they add a new level to archer towers, it's going to be even worse. Air needs a bit of a boost.

Also, a big problem is that by trying to speed up the lower THs upgrades, it makes TH13 upgrades so much faster also. All the hammers and books and decreased time and resources needed for upgrades, is making the upgrade path too fast for a lot of people at TH13. Not that anyone wants a long grind, but just new things to do and get.
    Last edited by Micker99; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:03 PM.

Just to add some spice to this discussion, when we released the TH13 update, we deliberately held back some content in order to space it out over this year. However, it wasn't held back to maximize how much mileage we could get out of an update; it was more to spend a bit more time polishing some of the ideas we had for the TH13 release and flesh them out a bit more.

We have a few big updates planned for 2020, and a large amount of it will be geared towards either helping players move towards TH13 or giving TH11 through TH13 more endgame content.

The standard disclaimer: no, we won't be dropping hints about it until we get closer to each of the updates. And no, it won't be TH14.
    Where was that builder going?

And please dont tell me it cleared that bush

#SneakPeekVideo😍

Quote Originally Posted by gamul1 View Post
    But I do hope you and the team is able to hear the message from long time players too - That these excruciating long and costly upgrades are getting boring.
    Disagree. I love this game and have played daily for 4.5 years, but when I maxed out th12 this past summer and had nothing left to upgrade, I got bored and took a 5-month break. I came back to playing daily when th13 was released because I finally had something to do. It doesn't matter to me how long the upgrades take because doing them is FAR LESS boring than having nothing to do.

The shorter/cheaper the upgrades, the sooner I will have nothing to do again. Consequently, I'm really not looking forward to maxing out th13. Paradoxically, I find it most rewarding to optimize builder and lab time with careful planning (ftp), and this will only lead to the boring maxed out state all the sooner.

Sandy
    Last edited by Sandy2; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:15 AM.
    TheCrimsonKeep (#JQVJVUR): Serious war clan. th10+. Adults, supportive and friendly. Always improving.
    TheCrimsonKeep2 (#GVVU90VU): Casual war clan. Balanced th7+. Takes a day off between wars.
    TheCrimsonGate (#8J9QVPRCQ): Feeder to TCK and TCK2. Recruiting th7+. Learn the ropes.