Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A proposed legends trophy collusion change

A proposed legends trophy collusion change

Many know now that there is trophy collusion in legends. Players match others on their "team" and they agree to gift trophies to push that account high. This thread is not to make accusations against others so please don't do that here, it will only result in the thread getting closed.

The problem is the pool of players matching is too small at the top because of the trophy range that is allowed for a match. Many have suggested that the pool be made larger and I agree. Some have even suggested the pool just be all of legends and that part I disagree with slightly. Here is what I suggest instead:

Make a legends1 and legends2 (maybe even 3). Use a cut-off for legends1 that is at a trophy level that places about 50,000 (or 30,000 or some other number) of players above that number of trophies. As of this posting there are over 300,000 players in legends right now and there are over 30,000 above 5300 with 12 days to go. Let all players in legends1 match each other. With 30,000 or 50,000 or whatever number of players in legends1 all matching each other, there is very little chance of collusion.

At the end of the season the players in legends1 should only reset back to whatever the trophy cut-off is for legends1, not back to 5000. The players in legends 2 would reset back to 5000. (or alter this a bit to have 3 divisions) The advantage to this is it takes away the luck factor of the top players matching (or having bad luck and not matching) lower players for big trophy gains early in the season. It also avoids those lower players from having to get demolished by the top players.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Forum Elder
    this may not be the perfect answer to the problem but Ive yet to see a better, full support behind this suggestion. I would add one other item that I know 2222 is fond of and has suggested before: in the upper legend league, remove the player name from the match until it is completed.

New Bloke/Chick
    Let offense only affect trophy count in legend league. That means no trophy loss during defense.
    Will it ruin defensive aspect of the game?
    Nope. Defense just ensures you are leading than your opponent similar to clan war. Clan earns stars based on offense only, defense doesn't play any role to gain the stars but it's still important for overall lead.
    In addition to that, it might help lower townhall players to survive in legend, who are really good at attacking higher townhall since they won't be having any trophy loss on defense.

Cons:
    Players who want to drop out of legend league since you can't drop trophies in this system. So they always have to wait until season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    this may not be the perfect answer to the problem but Ive yet to see a better, full support behind this suggestion. I would add one other item that I know 2222 is fond of and has suggested before: in the upper legend league, remove the player name from the match until it is completed.
    Yep, I've been requesting that since back in the old legends (this trophy gifting happened before the new legends). I do think the players would set their decorations in a way to signal who they are, so it might help to remove those too. On the other hand, if the pool is so large that matching someone on your team is very unlikely, just removing the name, alone, would likely be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilrtrns View Post
    Let offense only affect trophy count in legend league. That means no trophy loss during defense.
    Nope. Defense just ensures you are leading than your opponent similar to clan war. Clan earns stars based on offense only, defense doesn't play any role to gain the stars but it's still important for overall lead.
    In addition to that, it might help lower townhall players to survive in legend, who are really good at attacking higher townhall since they won't be having any trophy loss on defense.

Cons:
    Players who want to drop out of legend league since you can't drop trophies in this system. So they always have to wait until season is over.
    I think increasing the size of the pool big enough to make collusion almost impossible has less negatives to it than removing defense from the game. Defense should matter. Base design should matter. Upgrading and getting stronger on defense should matter. I don't see SC doing something like that which would allow a level one defenses base to climb up to the top

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Forum Elder

Cons:
    This entirely negates defense from the equation. You could have every attack against you a three star and yet be on the top of the leaderboard against folks who have zero three stars against them. Not a fan whatsoever.

New Bloke/Chick
    I don't understand how it negates defense. To be on the top of the leader board along with strong attacks, you also need to prevent others from 3 starring you. So it won't kill defense anyway. Consider 2 players attacking each other at same trophy range. To be in the lead one player will obviously choose strong Base and try his best to prevent 2nd player from performing any better than him/her.

Forum Elder
    I don't understand how it negates defense. To be on the top of the leader board along with strong attacks, you also need to prevent others from 3 starring you. So it won't kill defense anyway. Consider 2 players attacking each other at same trophy range. To be in the lead one player will obviously choose strong Base and try his best to prevent 2nd player from performing any better than him/her.
    You assume these players all match each other, they dont. let me give you an example: Two groups of eight. In group A one player has 5500 trophies and successfully gets all 8 three stars today. He has a super strong defense and only has 7 zero stars against him. he is now at 5740. In group B, a player starts at 5500 trophies and successfully three stars all his opponents and they all successfully three star his weak base. He is now at 5740. Both of these players should not be considered equals, one is obviously more skilled at defense yet his result is the same as someone who knows nothing of defense. Your suggestion removes defense completely from the ranking.
    Last edited by Tosti111; January 15th, 2020 at 04:53 PM.

New Bloke/Chick
    That will balance out when they fight each other at 5740. Simple.

Forum Elder
    that is the problem, they may never match. Not only that, why should the player who has been successfully three starred EVERY day ever get to #2 spot in the first place even if they did match? he certainly isnt as skilled as all those folks who only got two starred but sit lower in the rankings.
    Last edited by Tosti111; January 15th, 2020 at 05:04 PM.

New Bloke/Chick
    If player is that much solid with one aspect (offense) of the game then I dont see why not. Or well, make legend league exclusive for players with strongest offense AND defense !!