Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: A proposed legends trophy collusion change

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Good point about decorations. They can still devote those and/or walls to make unique monuments. Can't remove walls though.
    Yes, but It would be Better in each case. Decorations place is useless, having the same war base would be a lot time keeping for that people. So...why not?

  2. #22
    Pro Member toofinedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianzu View Post
    Yes, but It would be Better in each case. Decorations place is useless, having the same war base would be a lot time keeping for that people. So...why not?
    I agree with you. Anything to make the game fair and make trophy pushing worth doing is a good idea.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Sometimes I make comparisons to Brawl Stars, and I know while the dev teams are different for each Supercell game, they clearly draw inspiration from their other games (e.g. The Firecracker’s attack mechanic in Clash Royale is eerily similar to the Scattershot which is like Penny’s attack). Above 300 trophies in Brawl Stars, names are hidden in Showdown (free-for-all) to prevent collusion and teaming. If the idea to hide names during attacks (still visible after in the attack/defense logs) in CoC were to be implemented, it may unravel all the scheming.
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Good point about decorations. They can still devote those and/or walls to make unique monuments. Can't remove walls though.
    Yes, as discussed previously I've wanted legends names to be removed until after the attack for years. Trophy gifting collusion existed long before the new legends. However, removing names and decorations wouldn't stop it, alone. It would help, but it wouldn't be enough. They would just set their huts in a certain way or use some other sign. I do think it is worth doing to make them take that extra step if they are going to keep the small matching pool like they have now. However, if they create a legends 1 with 40,000 or some other big number of players in it, the chance of matching someone on your "team" is so low it wouldn't be much of an issue. It could still be combined with no name shown until after the attack.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

  4. #24
    There is a lot of work to do in each case. In low legend the bases aren't that good. The top player, with the actual army strenght, would 3star everyone. So bigger but not too much, with the addiction of the name and decorations removal, to make cheating more difficult(in the case they find each other, that would be rare but not impossibile in each case)
    Last edited by Gianzu; January 16th, 2020 at 01:50 PM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianzu View Post
    There is a lot of work to do in each case. In low legend the bases aren't that good. The top player, with the actual army strenght, would 3star everyone. So bigger but not too much, with the addiction of the name and decorations removal, to make cheating more difficult(in the case they find each other, that would be rare but not impossibile in each case)
    Right, there is a huge difference between players/bases in low legends compared to upper legends. That is why, though I support a proposal of a much larger matching pool to stop collusion, I offer this twist of a Legends1 and Legends2 so those Legends1 players are all matching each other and NOT beating up on that low legend player/base.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

  6. #26
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Many know now that there is trophy collusion in legends. Players match others on their "team" and they agree to gift trophies to push that account high. This thread is not to make accusations against others so please don't do that here, it will only result in the thread getting closed.

    The problem is the pool of players matching is too small at the top because of the trophy range that is allowed for a match. Many have suggested that the pool be made larger and I agree. Some have even suggested the pool just be all of legends and that part I disagree with slightly. Here is what I suggest instead:

    Make a legends1 and legends2 (maybe even 3). Use a cut-off for legends1 that is at a trophy level that places about 50,000 (or 30,000 or some other number) of players above that number of trophies. As of this posting there are over 300,000 players in legends right now and there are over 30,000 above 5300 with 12 days to go. Let all players in legends1 match each other. With 30,000 or 50,000 or whatever number of players in legends1 all matching each other, there is very little chance of collusion.

    At the end of the season the players in legends1 should only reset back to whatever the trophy cut-off is for legends1, not back to 5000. The players in legends 2 would reset back to 5000. (or alter this a bit to have 3 divisions) The advantage to this is it takes away the luck factor of the top players matching (or having bad luck and not matching) lower players for big trophy gains early in the season. It also avoids those lower players from having to get demolished by the top players.
    I support this idea; it would definitely end all win-trading. One possible downside though is that it would be harder for most players to gain trophies since they could be matched with much higher-ranked players. The converse could also be true.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Popovichtown View Post
    I support this idea; it would definitely end all win-trading. One possible downside though is that it would be harder for most players to gain trophies since they could be matched with much higher-ranked players. The converse could also be true.
    Yep, it would be harder for those in the lower end of Legends1 because they would not be matching players in Legends2. However, they only get reset back to the start of Legends1, let's say 5300 just for an example, at the start of the season. Of course, if it is too hard for them, they drop below that line into Legends2 and they get easier matches.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

  8. #28
    If you deny the defense to loose trophies, them anyone with the base lv 1 all defenses but all Max troops can be the best in the world. Why bothering then in buying the game things, like books and other things to max your base. If you don't need that,as long you attack is good. That's not going to happen ever because SC need to sell to earn money. So

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony85061704860Valdes View Post
    If you deny the defense to loose trophies, them anyone with the base lv 1 all defenses but all Max troops can be the best in the world. Why bothering then in buying the game things, like books and other things to max your base. If you don't need that,as long you attack is good. That's not going to happen ever because SC need to sell to earn money. So
    Agreed. It isn't a good solution. Expanding the matching pool is a better solution.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

  10. #30
    Forum Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianzu View Post
    What about removing the the name of the opponent AND all decorations(like a war base). That would be a lot Better. In addiction, the idea of increasing the pool is nice. The two things together makes the win trading system unefficient. You should use the same bases to know if the opponent is one of your Villages, and in each case with the increased pool that would be more rare and quite useless.
    Removing BOTH the NAME (both player and clan) AND ALL decorations from the bases in Legend would make it much harder to communicate by decoration placement.

    Communication could be achieved by Master Builder, Builder Hut and wall placements.


    Another "fix" that may be needed is: You can not attack a base, that you yourself own.

    As players rise up to Legend, their data could be crunched in such a way that a player groupings determine who can attack who.

    A family of clans or accounts should be pretty easy to identify (by MAC+IP address or credit card info) and simply shouldn't be able to face each other.

    An eye should still be kept on account sharing. Yes, it is entirely possible for one person to keep a few accounts in Legends, but more than that should raise an eyebrow.

    Lastly, eliminating the gem price to get to the very top at the end of the month, would remove some of the incentive to cheat.

    Still, the lengths people are willing to go to, to see their name at the top of a list is amazing .. and probably a good source of income for SuperCell.

    /Affront
    TH13-68/66/42/13|BH9| Farm with US | full stats

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •