Results 1 to 10 of 10

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cc troop level cap and recruiting woes.

  1. #1

    Cc troop level cap and recruiting woes.

    Devs, please consider:

    1. Cc troop levels restricted to max level permissible for the players TH level.
    CC troops on defense at lower TH levels are far more disruptive because you can pack a max dragon, max valks, max edrag or max witches or max ice gollum. To make the game fair at lower levels, I think, you should cap the level of cc troops for the TH level. And if the player has not unlocked certain troops yet, then those troops in cc should stay at level 1.

    2.<ruled out idea redacted>
    thanks,
    Last edited by Ajax; January 14th, 2020 at 08:10 PM.

  2. #2
    Forum Guru wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    13,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickeheels View Post
    Devs, please consider:
    1. Cc troop levels restricted to max level permissible for the players TH level.
    CC troops on defense at lower TH levels are far more disruptive because you can pack a max dragon, max valks, max edrag or max witches or max ice gollum. To make the game fair at lower levels, I think, you should cap the level of cc troops for the TH level. And if the player has not unlocked certain troops yet, then those troops in cc should stay at level 1.
    That wouldnt be fair anymore. The cc is reinforcement from your clanmates and they should be strong as they are.
    Last edited by Ajax; January 14th, 2020 at 08:10 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    That wouldnt be fair anymore. The cc is reinforcement from your clanmates and they should be strong as they are..
    could you electorate on this ? .. capping the cc troop level does not change the concept of clan mate reinforcements. As for troop strength, In clan wars for example, th9s attack th9s and th13 troops coming out of the cc. No reason for that.

  4. #4
    Millennial Club Maestro666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,315
    The attacker can gain the same advantage of having high level cc troops in their cc also while attacking. If a max level electro dragon comes out of the cc, then you also can bring one from your cc if your clanmate gives you a sufficiently levelled one.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickeheels View Post
    could you electorate on this ? .. capping the cc troop level does not change the concept of clan mate reinforcements. As for troop strength, In clan wars for example, th9s attack th9s and th13 troops coming out of the cc. No reason for that.
    By the same logic you should also cap any donated troops you receive in the same manner. TH9s shouldn’t be able to be using maxed bowlers and a strong freeze spell. You shouldn’t get the offensive boost without the defensive hit. And what do you propose about, e.g. L10 clans with the +2 donation levels. Should a TH9 still be limited to TH9, even in a L10+ clan?
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH12 - LOJY8UUP9


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Quali View Post
    By the same logic you should also cap any donated troops you receive in the same manner. TH9s shouldn’t be able to be using maxed bowlers and a strong freeze spell. You shouldn’t get the offensive boost without the defensive hit. And what do you propose about, e.g. L10 clans with the +2 donation levels. Should a TH9 still be limited to TH9, even in a L10+ clan?
    Quali and Maestro, I get your point, in my mind, lvl10 clan and +2 donation is so that the higher TH clan mate does not get lower level troops donated to them. But I am not sure there is a need at all to give max level troop donations to lower TH players, they definitely don’t need them, nice to have, but not needed. A regular th9 with a max electro drag or max loons in their cc do hell lot more damage which they otherwise won’t be able to. Access to Max wall wreckers and max cc troops is some how tipping the balance at lower TH levels.

  7. #7
    Forum Guru wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    13,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickeheels View Post
    But I am not sure there is a need at all to give max level troop donations to lower TH players, they definitely don’t need them, nice to have, but not needed.
    Then i could say do you really need troops that you cant train at your th level?


    A regular th9 with a max electro drag or max loons in their cc do hell lot more damage which they otherwise won’t be able to. Access to Max wall wreckers and max cc troops is some how tipping the balance at lower TH levels.
    It is reinforcement and this can be stronger then your normal troops.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Then i could say do you really need troops that you cant train at your th level?



    It is reinforcement and this can be stronger then your normal troops.
    To your point, yes, they don’t really need troops that they can’t train, ( nice to have, but not necessary). However, I can see why supercell opened up access to new troops for lower TH players, to keep things interesting for them. I get that, but is it necessary to give them at max levels ?

    On paper it looks like a wash, max troops in defensive cc and max troops in offensive cc. But in practice it feels CC troops play a heavier hand in th10 and below game play. May be that’s by design and most people enjoy that feature.

    good debate, thanks.

  9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickeheels View Post
    Quali and Maestro, I get your point, in my mind, lvl10 clan and +2 donation is so that the higher TH clan mate does not get lower level troops donated to them. But I am not sure there is a need at all to give max level troop donations to lower TH players, they definitely don’t need them, nice to have, but not needed. A regular th9 with a max electro drag or max loons in their cc do hell lot more damage which they otherwise won’t be able to. Access to Max wall wreckers and max cc troops is some how tipping the balance at lower TH levels.
    Actually, they definitely are needed. Most Th9s can easily 3 star other Th9s if there are no CC troops. Having nothing higher than a TH9 can build would still be too easy. The saem goes for TH8 or lopwer, and for TH10. Less true for TH11, but then the higher level troops are not as far above what a tH11 can build anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    71
    At very low town halls (4-7). Yes it is unbalanced because you are able to smash a higher level town hall in multiplayer because of your cc. But in wars you still can't. It's not that bad because it makes farming easier and makes running through the game faster than before.

    At th9 and 10, 3 starring is still relatively easy but that is because supercell wants people to move up to a more challenging town hall. So they are more likely to buy gems or get the warden pass.
    There are communities for each town hall and they add certain rules to make it more challenging like no siege at 10 or no mass drags at 7. But this change most likely won't be made unless th13 makes the balance ridiculous

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •