Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: League end-of-season rewards

League end-of-season rewards

Ok. Not trying to be a malcontent and admit perhaps I'm missing something and apologize if this has been covered before. But what is the purpose of being in a 'league' during a 'season'? The standings just seem pretty close to pointless. I guess I could get behind it for anything other than legend league, as you are trying to move up or down and the rewards for winning battles increases dramatically the higher you go. But it is especially pointless in legend league. It seems your whole point is to just to stay in it as to not have to have deal with constant cloudy skies and the rankings mean next to nothing unless you're ranked in the whole game. I'm currently 2nd in my league (out of 7 that have stayed in it) but I just don't understand the point. Should i just be thankful for the trophies I accumulate at the end of the month since that is the only tangible 'reward'? Maybe I'm asking for too much. But seems like something other than looking at an accumulated trophy count on a profile might give some kind of incentive to finish high in your league.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlMantooth View Post
    Ok. Not trying to be a malcontent and admit perhaps I'm missing something and apologize if this has been covered before. But what is the purpose of being in a 'league' during a 'season'? The standings just seem pretty close to pointless. I guess I could get behind it for anything other than legend league, as you are trying to move up or down and the rewards for winning battles increases dramatically the higher you go. But it is especially pointless in legend league. It seems your whole point is to just to stay in it as to not have to have deal with constant cloudy skies and the rankings mean next to nothing unless you're ranked in the whole game. I'm currently 2nd in my league (out of 7 that have stayed in it) but I just don't understand the point. Should i just be thankful for the trophies I accumulate at the end of the month since that is the only tangible 'reward'? Maybe I'm asking for too much. But seems like something other than looking at an accumulated trophy count on a profile might give some kind of incentive to finish high in your league.
    If you are referring to the "my league" under the trophy tab, there is no purpose. It has been discussed before and basically it just sounds like something maybe there could have been a use for at one time but there is no use for it, at least as it is designed. Some do use it to invite players to their clan.
    Last edited by 2222; 1 Week Ago at 11:43 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

Forum Veteran
    2nd our of 7?

Lucky you!! Mine has been a lonely place as I have been the sole league entrant all season long! At least it means I will be top 😂

Think it’s Cosmetic more than anything - certainly serves very little purpose

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Ok. Not trying to be a malcontent and admit perhaps I'm missing something and apologize if this has been covered before. But what is the purpose of being in a 'league' during a 'season'? The standings just seem pretty close to pointless.
    I disagree. They are not "pretty close" to pointless.

They are totally, 100%, completely and utterly pointless. I've never taken the slightest notice of them after the first 2-3 days of playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveoUk View Post
    2nd our of 7?

Lucky you!! Mine has been a lonely place as I have been the sole league entrant all season long! At least it means I will be top 
    I'm the only one in my "league" too, and somehow I finished last - how did you pull it off?

For OP's question, the league you're in provides increasing attack and 5-star bonuses, it's worth moving (and staying) up for that. The grouping you are placed in in the "my league" tab is a ghost town - I suggest ignoring it.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots

New Bloke/Chick
    What if
    Those trophies can be converted into CWL medals 😌

Quote Originally Posted by kkgame View Post
    What if
    Those trophies can be converted into CWL medals 
    ...then all SC's endeavors to help lower TH levels catch up would be rendered moot.

Have Fun
    TS

mid TH13 ... lvl 226 ... 65 ... 70 ... 50 ... 10
    2014 Review-Video , Free download, printable stats booklet .
    Poem, Journey to full Lavas Video.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by kkgame View Post
    What if
    Those trophies can be converted into CWL medals ��
    Not going to happen.

The clue is in the name - CWL medals are ONLY obtainable from CWL. They were always intended to be very much a distinctive reward for playing those leagues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Not going to happen.

The clue is in the name - CWL medals are ONLY obtainable from CWL. They were always intended to be very much a distinctive reward for playing those leagues.
    Maybe I revise my statement.

What if,
    The trophies can be converted into Legend League Medals 😌

This is to encourage those who endeavor to push trophies and showed their outstanding skills, just similar to CWL. Maybe the medals can buy some hammers or other potions or decorations.