Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans - Upcoming Balance Changes/Fixes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Clash of Clans - Upcoming Balance Changes/Fixes

Hey Chief,

We have a few balance changes we will be implementing in an upcoming maintenance (the date is yet to be determined):

• We are implementing a high priority fix to prevent some players from exploiting high-level multiplayer games, as this exploit goes against our Fair Play values.
    • Level 18 Cannon hitpoints increases from 1860 to 1870 to prevent Royal Champion from one-shotting Level 18 Cannons with her Seeking Shield special ability.
    • Yetimites will no longer trigger Traps.

We will also be making the following changes to the Guard times in Titan League to help reduce the clouding. The Guard times will be reduced to the following:

• Titan I: 120 minutes -> 60 minutes
    • Titan II: 150 minutes -> 60 minutes
    • Titan III: 180 minutes -> 60 minutes

We have also added a new Community tab where we will be featuring regular videos from your favorite Clash of Clans content creators. To view this awesome new content, simply click the "Inbox" button located directly to the left of the "Shop" button then click over to the new Community tab!

Make sure you check the Community tab regularly as new content will be added frequently!

-Your friendly neighborhood Community Manager
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Uh something is coming. Hopefully much more.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    [*]We are implementing a high priority fix to prevent some players from exploiting high-level multiplayer games, as this exploit goes against our Fair Play values.
    Can i ask what you mean by that? I dont understand what exploit you are mentioning.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; January 14th, 2020 at 01:28 PM.

Hey Chief,

We have a few balance changes we will be implementing in an upcoming maintenance (the date is yet to be determined):

• We are implementing a high priority fix to prevent some players from exploiting high-level multiplayer games, as this exploit goes against our Fair Play values.
    • Level 18 Cannon hitpoints increases from 1860 to 1870 to prevent Royal Champion from one-shotting Level 18 Cannons with her Seeking Shield special ability.
    • Yetimites will no longer trigger Traps.

We have also added a new Community tab where we will be featuring regular videos from your favorite Clash of Clans content creators. To view this awesome new content, simply click the "Inbox" button located directly to the left of the "Shop" button then click over to the new Community tab!

Make sure you check the Community tab regularly as new content will be added frequently!

-Your friendly neighborhood Community Manager
    Sounds like good news. Are we able to learn what the fair play fix is or is this one of those things where explaining it would make it easier to exploit?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Sounds like good news. Are we able to learn what the fair play fix is or is this one of those things where explaining it would make it easier to exploit?
    I think it'll be much clearer once the fix is in place, but as always we can't go into details what exactly the fix is. However, there's been some outcry from the community thinking we've been silent on this particular issue and we wanted to assure the community that we've been monitoring the situation closely.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

I think it'll be much clearer once the fix is in place, but as always we can't go into details what exactly the fix is. However, there's been some outcry from the community thinking we've been silent on this particular issue and we wanted to assure the community that we've been monitoring the situation closely.
    Great. Sorry, I'm going to pick at it one more time and feel free to tell me to shut up Is it addressing collusion trophy trading, account sharing/piloting and/or the disconnect bug? Those are the three main problems with the legends competition that I'm aware of.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Great. Sorry, I'm going to pick at it one more time and feel free to tell me to shut up Is it addressing collusion trophy trading, account sharing/piloting and/or the disconnect bug? Those are the three main problems with the legends competition that I'm aware of.
    He said "fix" leads me to think its the bug. Other stuff you have to police.
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

Very good question but if Darian would reply wouldn't he violate a forum rule?

I hope the fix is for all three of them.
    I think it might be for two of them - collusion and ghosting but
    i'm afraid of that it will be for collusion only.

Disabling the live view for all legend attacks would probably fix ghosting too.

Quote Originally Posted by higgsbosons View Post
    Very good question but if Darian would reply wouldn't he violate a forum rule?

I hope the fix is for all three of them.
    I think it might be for two of them - collusion and ghosting but
    i'm afraid of that it will be for collusion only.

Disabling the live view for all legend attacks would probably fix ghosting too.
    Due to Disabling live view for all legends attacks, we can't see our friends live attacks from online friend list. Correct me if I am wrong
    Last edited by IamMayur; January 14th, 2020 at 05:00 PM.

Forum Elder
    In a competitive & cloudless Legend League
    Is the disconnect bug the same one that Chief Pat covered a few years ago in a video? (i.e. the attacker drops a troop, and gets a message: “Error! Client and server are out of sync!”, and the defender’s defense log shows that the attacker only dropped one barbarian)
    👊🏼 Mister 008, Co-Leader of Venum Elite 👊🏼 Mister 008- TH13.5, BK 70, AQ 70, GW 50, RC 12
    Walls:
    200 zap, 100 DE
    PR: 5573 🏆 #4896 🌎 and #262 🇺🇸

Pro Member
    Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Presumably the disconnect bug

surprised at the magnitude of the yeti balance change - 3 star rates will plummet 😜😜😜

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23