Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans - Upcoming Balance Changes/Fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    Fine. Forget the one gem valkyrie glitch as an example.
    Even people who used mods or bots were warned and got a temporary ban at first.
    And that was not even making use of a bug in the program. So what makes this taking advantage of a design fault more wrong that it justifies a permanent ban?
    Dude, those are the same ppl that have cheated in the past, are cheating now, and definitely will cheat in the future if allowed.
    I don't understand how can you defend them tbh unless you're one of them...

So what makes this taking advantage of a design fault more wrong that it justifies a permanent ban?
    I do feel the CoC team is more lenient than the Hay Day team. I know I keep going back to the perma ban situation over on Hay Day. But, to be fair regarding their punishment across all their games for violating TOS, that is the only fair thing to do. They ban players for finding a way to get some quick coins in Hay Day (which really had little to no impact on another player's game or ability to achieve ranking), but would take a more lenient approach in which an exploit cheated other players/clans out of a potential gem prize pool for months and affected trophy rankings for months.

The Hay Day exploit lasted a few days - had a small/negligible impact on the game, but they permabanned on violating TOS for fairness/cheating. So, to perma ban some players on one game for something that lasted a few days and "be soft" on an entire well-organized empire that cheated for months doesn't seem to be consistent on how they handle those players that abuse their TOS equally across their company if they go "soft" on them. I think it would also cause a lot of loss in faith for SC to continue to operate a game with fairness in mind in the future. These players specifically said they would not be banned because they have power and money in this game would only further that statement.

They cheated - they get those accounts banned for good. Those accounts benefited from months of gem prize pools due to the exploit. If they want to play again, they can start at ground zero.

Quote Originally Posted by MyH4oBG View Post
    Dude, those are the same ppl that have cheated in the past, are cheating now, and definitely will cheat in the future if allowed.
    I don't understand how can you defend them tbh unless you're one of them...
    Dude, I'm not defending them. I'm just wondering where this call for permanent bans comes from as this doesn't seem the policy of Supercell up until now for the abuse of exploits / glitches in their programs. (Excpect for fluffy bunnies in Hay Day apparently).
    More severe violations of the ToS have been dealt with warnings and temporary bans by SC. Why do you expect a different approach this time.

"Because they are rich and think they can get away with it" isn't an argument for harder punishment. Most criminals think they can get away with their crimes. And whether you're rich or poor, you should be punished equally.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1 View Post
    I do feel the CoC team is more lenient than the Hay Day team. I know I keep going back to the perma ban situation over on Hay Day. But, to be fair regarding their punishment across all their games for violating TOS, that is the only fair thing to do. They ban players for finding a way to get some quick coins in Hay Day (which really had little to no impact on another player's game or ability to achieve ranking), but would take a more lenient approach in which an exploit cheated other players/clans out of a potential gem prize pool for months and affected trophy rankings for months.

The Hay Day exploit lasted a few days - had a small/negligible impact on the game, but they permabanned on violating TOS for fairness/cheating. So, to perma ban some players on one game for something that lasted a few days and "be soft" on an entire well-organized empire that cheated for months doesn't seem to be consistent on how they handle those players that abuse their TOS equally across their company if they go "soft" on them. I think it would also cause a lot of loss in faith for SC to continue to operate a game with fairness in mind in the future. These players specifically said they would not be banned because they have power and money in this game would only further that statement.

They cheated - they get those accounts banned for good. Those accounts benefited from months of gem prize pools due to the exploit. If they want to play again, they can start at ground zero.
    This isn't something to be discussed at forum
    This isn't going any goodies

Better start talking about yeti perhaps or anyelse
    Don't want to see gaymartian typicall thread

Forum Veteran
    Dude, I'm not defending them. I'm just wondering where this call for permanent bans comes from as this doesn't seem the policy of Supercell up until now for the abuse of exploits / glitches in their programs. (Excpect for fluffy bunnies in Hay Day apparently).
    More severe violations of the ToS have been dealt with warnings and temporary bans by SC. Why do you expect a different approach this time.

"Because they are rich and think they can get away with it" isn't an argument for harder punishment. Most criminals think they can get away with their crimes. And whether you're rich or poor, you should be punished equally.
    Actually ... If you're rich ... You'll have a goodie lawyer
    Law is equal.. punish is equal.. but the treatment always vary depending ....

Seem a bit of topic talking about it going longer wider deeper and ....

Millennial Club
    New community tab would be almost useful if it had language filter. Right now it’s about as useful as the recruiting tool.

The <redacted> clique should been banned permanently. If you think pushing is the only part of the game they are cheating at, "you're wrong, you're damn wrong."
    Last edited by Ajax; January 17th, 2020 at 12:29 AM.

Thanks to DragonX101 for the awesome sig!

|STATS|

New Bloke/Chick
    Please make the community tab show only for your language. Seeing a bunch of foreign squiggly lines that I can’t read won’t entice to get more viewers.
    1 cor 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
    3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
    4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I think it'll be much clearer once the fix is in place, but as always we can't go into details what exactly the fix is. However, there's been some outcry from the community thinking we've been silent on this particular issue and we wanted to assure the community that we've been monitoring the situation closely.
    Are there any visible changes made to legends? So we might get an idea about the 'fix'.
    Is it any clearer now or is it all behind the scene changes which cannot be talked about?

My curiosity needs to be fed.
    Last edited by higgsbosons; January 16th, 2020 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AxsMan View Post
    New community tab would be almost useful if it had language filter. Right now it’s about as useful as the recruiting tool.
    I had a quick look and thought the same I hope it is not supposed to be machine-learning as well and as quickly as the 'tool' does

The first video that was in a language that I could understand was on the 3rd page and I understand a few languages. Some I don't even know which language it is Will it be customizable in the future? I saw mainly th13 content when I'm a th9/10.

Also I'm wondering why more and more stuff is added to keep players away from the game (I mean you have to recruit outside of the game, now you get directed to yt to watch videos), doesn't really make sense to me.

Ah well, at least it is something I can ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I think it'll be much clearer once the fix is in place, but as always we can't go into details what exactly the fix is. However, there's been some outcry from the community thinking we've been silent on this particular issue and we wanted to assure the community that we've been monitoring the situation closely.
    So has anybody seen what is much clearer now?
    Last edited by OutOfIdeas; January 16th, 2020 at 04:49 PM.
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)