Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans - Upcoming Balance Changes/Fixes

Quote Originally Posted by chajado67 View Post
    Think the only way to stop the gifting of trophies is to vastly enlarge the pool of available bases to attack from the top guys. Gives them less of a chance to find each other.

Not sure how you can stop players from losing on purpose.
    Yep, that has had a lot of support in prior discussions on this issue. My personal opinion that I noted in those discussions is it is time for legends 1 and 2 and at season reset you only go back to the league you are in (legends 2 goes back to 5000, legends 1 goes back to whatever the start of that one is) and let everyone in legends 1 match each other.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Yep, that has had a lot of support in prior discussions on this issue. My personal opinion that I noted in those discussions is it is time for legends 1 and 2 and at season reset you only go back to the league you are in (legends 2 goes back to 5000, legends 1 goes back to whatever the start of that one is) and let everyone in legends 1 match each other.
    I’m not sure that will help however. it might be marginally better than whatever groupings that are done now but I don’t think it goes far enough. Math-wise let’s assume 10,000 in legends with 4 groupings (5000-5250, 5250 -5500, 5500-5750, 5750+) with equal distribution at month end : 2500 per tier. Creating 2 groups les’s assume 5000-5500, 5500+ would put 5000 in each group at month start. Yes, we increased the original grouping but by month end the top group will still have the same 2500 or so at the top and the chances of matching each other really hasnt changed. This is an example only and does not represent any true numbers. Add in that it is a pyramid with decreasing numbers at the top and whether the top 1000 start the month at 5500 or start at 5000 reallymakes no difference. The top of the pyramid needs to be expanded (or in this case the size of the top grouping)

What would make a difference is instead of matching those closest to your trophy level, you matched anyone within legend league regardless of trophy level.
    Last edited by Tosti111; January 14th, 2020 at 11:47 PM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Electrifyingankur View Post
    Will the game size increase with this? 🙄🚬 It's 130 mb already
    I have noticed on a couple of my older devices with limited spaced that I have problems doing the CoC updates due to the size. I have needed to have over 500MB available at times to get the update to download.

Already with the nerfs? Come on guys

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I’m not sure that will help however. it might be marginally better than whatever groupings that are done now but I don’t think it goes far enough. Math-wise let’s assume 10,000 in legends with 4 groupings (5000-5250, 5250 -5500, 5500-5750, 5750+) with equal distribution at month end : 2500 per tier. Creating 2 groups les’s assume 5000-5500, 5500+ would put 5000 in each group at month start. Yes, we increased the original grouping but by month end the top group will still have the same 2500 or so at the top and the chances of matching each other really hasnt changed. This is an example only and does not represent any true numbers. Add in that it is a pyramid with decreasing numbers at the top and whether the top 1000 start the month at 5500 or start at 5000 reallymakes no difference. The top of the pyramid needs to be expanded (or in this case the size of the top grouping)

What would make a difference is instead of matching those closest to your trophy level, you matched anyone within legend league regardless of trophy level.
    My thoughts were divide legends into 8 groupings based on beginning of day rankings. You get 1 attack in each 8 groups.

Pro Member
    Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    SC can do nothing (effective) against win trading.

this issue has plagued boom beach for years, and ruined the meaning of the leaderboard in that game. Last year one account was #1 for 200 days.

the issue is well documented on chinese chat sites - top players, in 2 main alliances (L and Z) pay others to fail (or not attack) their bases. The chat is documented. the actions are documented. the payments are documented. SC can do nothing.

there is no technical solution to this problem if people are prepared to pay for win trading - by creating a huge number of max accounts under their own control or creating alliances.

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23

Your numbers are way off. One of my accounts is at about 5300 and there are almost 40,000 above it, plus you made it 4 groups instead of two. They could easily make a group with the top 10,000 or more.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Your numbers are way off. One of my accounts is at about 5300 and there are almost 40,000 above it, plus you made it 4 groups instead of two. They could easily make a group with the top 10,000 or more.
    I know the numbers are off, that is why I specifically pointed that out in my original comment and specifically made it hypothetical. The main point is that once you get near the top, any grouping whatsoever will limit the top end pool. The apex of any pyramid is very small so widening the matching pool is the best answer rather than having a legend 1 and a legend 2 which reduces the pool of available opponents. I would rather have one pool for everyone over 5000 rather than multiple pools segregated by trophies.
    Last edited by Tosti111; January 15th, 2020 at 02:49 AM.

I know the numbers are off, that is why I specifically pointed that out in my original comment and specifically made it hypothetical. The main point is that once you get near the top, any grouping whatsoever will limit the top end pool. The apex of any pyramid is very small so widening the matching pool is the best answer rather than having a legend 1 and a legend 2 which reduces the pool of available opponents.
    But those numbers are important. I just checked with a clan mate in low legends ranked over 300,000. Anyway, I think you miss the point of my post. I support widening the pool. That would be the point of legend 1. The pool would be much larger than it is now and everyone in legends 1 matches everyone else. The reason for legends1, though, in addition to it just looking cool, is because at the end of the season those 25,000 or whatever players in legends one stay in legends one, rather than beating up on lower players for the first week.

Edit: basically what I'm saying is let the top 25,000 (or some other big number) all match each other rather than the very small number that currently matches at the top AND use a legends 1/2 to divide it. Legends 1 would be set at roughly whatever is needed to get that big pool at the top. At the end of the season they all only reset to the start of Legends1. Everyone in legends2 resets to 5000.
    Last edited by 2222; January 15th, 2020 at 02:52 AM.

Limits like fear are often just an illusion
    I think I know what this fair play fix might be.
    Many Top players are practising legends hits before hitting.If you wanna know how, PM me and I will send you how it's done.Can't tell here as it might be against forum rules.

My question is, are these cheaters going to be banned as they clearly voilated SC's ToS?
    or Are are they just going to be spared just because they are heavy spenders?

Wanna join a Competitive all TH13 Champs 1 war clan?Click here