Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans - Upcoming Balance Changes/Fixes

Fresh Spawn
    Cheating is cheating. Just stop the cheating. It’s as obvious as the nose on your face. No one can legitimately
    gain an average of 100 trophies a day in legend league without cheating in some way, shape or form. Anyone denying there is some sort of cheating going on are either 1. Dead stupid. Or 2. A cheater
    I have no idea what supercell has done to stop the cheating. Can someone enlighten me?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #252
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    You can't argue libel because you don't own your account.
    Whether you own your account or not is completely and utterly irrelevant to any claims of libel.

Libel is about damage to your reputation. And if you are accused of cheating, that is damaging to your reputation, regardless of who owns the account you are accused if cheating with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Sorry if this has been raised earlier in the thread. Is there a possible update in future to ensure the 'community' tab only shows content in languages the user prefers? So far I can see 4 videos, one in French, Chinese, Korean and (I think?) Tagalog.

Obviously it's great for the world of Clashers that there are as many different languages represented as possible, but could this be made more relevant to the individual user? Unfortunately I'm an ignorant English-only speaker, unless you count rudimentary French and German.
    Player Tag #JU2PYOGY

TH13, enjoying the grind once more.

Remember, it's just a game! Don't worry, be happy.

I like the different languages. I can find the others in English easily on YouTube. Plus, it gives the game a world like feel. Donít change it.

Quote Originally Posted by DavieC82 View Post
    Sorry if this has been raised earlier in the thread. Is there a possible update in future to ensure the 'community' tab only shows content in languages the user prefers? So far I can see 4 videos, one in French, Chinese, Korean and (I think?) Tagalog.

Obviously it's great for the world of Clashers that there are as many different languages represented as possible, but could this be made more relevant to the individual user? Unfortunately I'm an ignorant English-only speaker, unless you count rudimentary French and German.

I wanted to bring up the issue of the exploit on the forums way earlier but for obvious reasons we were not allowed because every thread would be removed (discussion of exploit is against the rules) but I am very glad that you have fixed this and hopefully the awful cheaters like <redacted> will be off the leaderboard!
    Last edited by Ajax; January 19th, 2020 at 09:12 PM.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakat View Post
    I'm not naive. Although content creators can rise questions to press Supercell to consider more issues with the game, they should not directly name players. A "disproportionate number" does not make it an absolute truth and top players in the leaderboard easy become target to haters. Popular courts leads nowhere good.

Some of these content creators haven't given any proof with particular playertag, but they then directly blamed two players (which I understand might also be a very tempting opportunity to do an easy clickbait video). This is still considered as defamation for the clean players who have been associated with the term "cheater", which is punishable by the law in most countries (sometimes even considered as a crime). This could even lead to funny situations where the guilty content creators would have to pay as compensation the amount of money these players invested in their clean accounts.
    What kind of proof would be needed?

Youtubers especially those that are official content creators for supercell cannot go into the details of how players at the top have been cheating as this information can then be exploited by others to do the same who would otherwise be unaware. We are going back a few years but one youtuber with followers numbered in the Millions posted a video that showed how to use 3rd party apps to gain an unfair advantage and supercell pursued them through YouTube for this. Upshot of this was that this particular youtuber was prohibited from ever showing any supercell content ever again!
    IGN: Rowcoy | Clan: Lost Phoenix | TH12 | Level: 226
    GG: 2 Bil | EE: 2 Bil | HH: 32 mil+ | SV: 6157
    Top global ranking: 93 | Top UK ranking: 1

About the community tab

I have no idea how to post to the community tab, what do I do?

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #258
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanishGamer View Post
    I have no idea how to post to the community tab, what do I do?
    You can't unless you are part of the Creator program.

If you are part of that, you will know, because they get it explained to them clearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Rowcoy View Post
    What kind of proof would be needed?

Youtubers especially those that are official content creators for supercell cannot go into the details of how players at the top have been cheating as this information can then be exploited by others to do the same who would otherwise be unaware.
    Of course they shouldn't explain how to cheat. Personally speaking, although I also have my doubts about some of the accounts, I don't have any relevant proof, that's why these stay doubts and not absolute truth to shout in a 10+ min long video. I prefer to leave this to Supercell who has all the data and logs required to decide. If it is fine for some people to spread that kind of info with no relevant proof that's their choice but it does not change that it can be considered calumny (even if proven right by Supercell banwave afterwards). Also if 25 out of 50 accounts sharing a common name are banned, that also means there are 25 accounts who were not banned. But, as no playertag seems to have been given by some of these content creators, these 25 accounts are still associated with the terms used in these videos.
    Last edited by Sakat; January 20th, 2020 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Whether you own your account or not is completely and utterly irrelevant to any claims of libel.

Libel is about damage to your reputation. And if you are accused of cheating, that is damaging to your reputation, regardless of who owns the account you are accused if cheating with.
    Yeah but it doesn't matter if people want to accuse or not, in the realm of video games you can't sue someone for libel lol.

It would never make it to court so the opinion stands.

It doesn't matter anyways, if someone has a clan with all the same name then many people are going to think they are the same person. Only SC can decide whether rules have been broken, and decide the punishment if they deem so because they are the judge and jury.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; January 20th, 2020 at 05:34 AM.