Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Artillery - first or last?

Eagle Artillery - first or last?

Iíve searched for this answer but maybe Iím using the wrong terminology.

Ive just maxed out my TH10 and am looking for an opinion on whether or not to build the EA first or last when I upgrade to TH11 and why?

thanks in advance for your responses
    Always learning - always listening
    Clash Name : OKanagan #YCQRG92GY
    Clash Clan : Canadian #YV9JP0Q8

Inside my TH watching it snow on my village
    Quote Originally Posted by okanagan2019 View Post
    I’ve searched for this answer but maybe I’m using the wrong terminology.

Ive just maxed out my TH10 and am looking for an opinion on whether or not to build the EA first or last when I upgrade to TH11 and why?

First, to better help us understand the type of Clasher you are in the game, what is your main play style? Are you a farmer, CWL player, regular wars, trophy pushing, casual player, like to max for new things, etc. Also, think about how you want to progress as we provide suggestions. You are the chief of the village after all.
    Good luck. I hope my post was helpful.
    Now, I want to ask you to help. #SaveTheForums
    A hot topic in the CoC community (now closed): Getting-harrassed-for-6-months-now
    For humor & fun: Edit your question to make the repliee look stupid
    óKooky KO

Quote Originally Posted by KookyKO View Post
    First, to better help us understand the type of Clasher you are in the game, what is your main play style? Are you a farmer, CWL player, regular wars, trophy pushing, casual player, like to max for new things, etc. Also, think about how you want to progress as we provide suggestions. You are the chief of the village after all.
    CWL player, regular wars (or whenever the leaders starts them). I like getting my THs to max. There’s a sense of gratification in doing so!
    Always learning - always listening
    Clash Name : OKanagan #YCQRG92GY
    Clash Clan : Canadian #YV9JP0Q8

Pro Member
    1. If CWL is your main source of enjoyment. Max EA, Infernos, Xbows, Bomb Tower first.
    2. If Wars are your main source of enjoyment. Max EA, Infernos, Xbows, Bomb Tower last.

Inside my TH watching it snow on my village
    CWL player, regular wars (or whenever the leaders starts them). I like getting my THs to max. There’s a sense of gratification in doing so!
    With that said, you want to keep in mind that the EA (and the other new TH specific defenses) seem to add a lot of war weight to your village. In my opinion, I would recommend upgrading your laboratory first. Why? Because in clan wars you can still use boosted troops and heroes. I think it is also a good idea to build your other new defenses and your offensive structures (army camps, barracks, spell factories).

References:
    Post by 2222 (GASP): https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12459420
    General FAQ about clan war matchmaking: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...AQ-Matchmaking

I am not sure if you need the FAQ for clan war matchmaking as you play in CWL and also frequently do regular wars too, but as I am more of a casual player running a casual clan, we do not participate in CWL, and we rarely do regular clan wars.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by porky1122 View Post
    1. If CWL is your main source of enjoyment. Max EA, Infernos, Xbows, Bomb Tower first.
    2. If Wars are your main source of enjoyment. Max EA, Infernos, Xbows, Bomb Tower last.
    I was busy hunting the forum for various links, while porky1122 posted. I agree with that statement. Also, because I am not a frequent clan war individual, I recommend seeing what others with more practical experience than me have to say.
    Last edited by KookyKO; January 14th, 2020 at 08:05 AM.
    Good luck. I hope my post was helpful.
    Now, I want to ask you to help. #SaveTheForums
    A hot topic in the CoC community (now closed): Getting-harrassed-for-6-months-now
    For humor & fun: Edit your question to make the repliee look stupid
    óKooky KO

Put down your EA first and upgrade it to max then. You will have better defending performance at CWL and thus getting you more medals so that you can buy magic items like Hammers to upgrade your bases faster. You might have heavier weight in regular war, but regular war only rewards you war loot which can be farmed unlimited in multiplayer battles.

Centennial Club
    I would add another question: what is your position in regular wars? Are you the heaviest townhall in your clan than i would do the heavy warweight buildings at last.
    If you are in the lower region in regular wars the additional warweight would not hurt so much and the additional defence power could help in wars-> build the strong defences first.
    Last edited by ZionWhiteRabbit; January 14th, 2020 at 08:26 AM.
    TH13 (66/70/50/16) TH12 (57/65/31/ -)
    TH10 (36/40/ - / -) TH9 (25/27/ - / -) TH8 (10/ - / - / - )

For war I always recommend my clan members to keep balance between their offensive strength and their defensive strength, with a preference on offensive strenght. So if you cannot deal with an Eagle Artillery if your opponent has one, then don't place it yourself. You can keep as a rule of thumb: you should be able to 3-star your own base.
    In general this means upgrade the existing defence first before placing the new stuff until your troops and heroes are at a level which can deal with the extra defensive strength.
    I would not place the eagle until you have your Warden maxed to level 20 which can be done in approximately 3 months if you upgrade him non stop. Which is quite fast in regards to this game.

The Order in which Certain Defensive Buildings are Upgraded has & I feel will always be a Matter of Personal Choice. Some Clashers leave the “Big Ticket Items” to last in Order to keep their War Weight Down for as Long as Possible.

I’ve searched for this answer but maybe I’m using the wrong terminology.

Millennial Club
    A large part of this depends on who goes to war in your clan. If you are going to be in the bottom half of the war weight even if you drop the Eagle it probably doesn't matter. Personally I'd go for the Eagle since the amount it helps you on defense (raids) outweighs what it costs in war weight in my opinion. That can be clan specific though. The bigger concern you'll face at TH11 is the same issue I'm now facing at TH13: if the new hero is upgrading your war weight is just going to be horrendously skewed and you'll have to start sitting a decent amount as soon as the upgrades get longer.