Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Artillery - first or last?

Pro Member
    Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Personally i always upgrade heaviest defences first.

At th13 i am doing eagle, infernos, scattershots, xbows first. They all offer great value in terms of both damage and hitpoints.

get stronger as quick as you can

war weight to me is irrelevant.

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23

If you do war my general rules is get/upgrade the defence when you can three star a base with similar strength. So once you can three star an eagle th11 you get the eagle.

Until 2 years ago I always set the new defences and max them as late as possible. I then always first maxed out the old defences, so the lab could be maxed out my war troops. This is de well known x.5 TH theory, because you could handle the war weight of your base.

Since 2 years I really don't care war weight, just because you can have the power potions and the big heavy and new defences gives the most defence value. It's also the oppo who need to attack your base. Defence is as important as attacking is.

So on my TH 13 I maxed the eagle, scattershots, giga inferno and inferno's first. Then I go for xbows, air defence, wizz towers and cannons. I also decided for the very first time to max my traps as last, something I never did before. But I like my strategy a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by porky1122 View Post
    1. If CWL is your main source of enjoyment. Max EA, Infernos, Xbows, Bomb Tower first.
    2. If Wars are your main source of enjoyment. Max EA, Infernos, Xbows, Bomb Tower last.
    This is an excellent "cliffs notes" version.

I would add, perhaps you should check with your clan's leadership to see if they have a preference. Which of these would benefit the clan more?

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by okanagan2019 View Post
    CWL player, regular wars (or whenever the leaders starts them). I like getting my THs to max. Thereís a sense of gratification in doing so!
    CWL player then drop it first. Hammer/book it to max asap since in CWL there is no war weight.

Pro Member
    I agree with others that your position in regular wars can make a difference. If you're at the top, upgrading the Eagle might bring weight that others wouldn't be able to clean up easily. If you're at the bottom that weight shouldn't make too much of a difference for your clan as a whole.

One other thing to consider is how competitive your clan is about regular wars. If your clan is really strict and has weight restrictions even if you're near the bottom you may want to check with clan leadership on when they'd want you to drop the Eagle. If your clan is more laid back then adding the Eagle early would be an option and would also help in CWL and holding onto loot in multiplayer.

There are a lot of clan situations that could allow for different upgrade paths to be the ideal one. However, in the end it mostly comes down to your own personal preference. If you feel like the defensive power the Eagle provides is of more benefit than the weight it brings (regular war considerations only) then add it. Otherwise leave it until you get to that point. For CWL and multiplayer it'll always be a benefit, so it's only in regular wars where you'd want to consider waiting to drop the Eagle (or any other defense for that matter).

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMonkey123 View Post
    If you do war my general rules is get/upgrade the defence when you can three star a base with similar strength. So once you can three star an eagle th11 you get the eagle.
    A lot of players can not 3* a proper th11 with ea as a th11, so they should never has an ea?
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Forum Elder
    In a competitive & cloudless Legend League
    If youíre more of a Clan Wars player: ďIf you canít three it, donít build it.Ē
    If you prefer farming and/or Clan War Leagues: Definitely build it and max it quickly. There is no weight in Clan War Leagues, so get both your offense and your defense upgraded as high and as quickly as possible.
    👊🏼 Mister 008, Co-Leader of Venum Elite 👊🏼 Mister 008- TH13.5, BK 70, AQ 70, GW 50, RC 12
    Walls:
    200 zap, 100 DE
    PR: 5573 🏆 #4896 🌎 and #262 🇺🇸

Quote Originally Posted by porky1122 View Post
    1. If CWL is your main source of enjoyment. Max EA, Infernos, Xbows, Bomb Tower first.
    2. If Wars are your main source of enjoyment. Max EA, Infernos, Xbows, Bomb Tower last.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZionWhiteRabbit View Post
    I would add another question: what is your position in regular wars? Are you the heaviest townhall in your clan than i would do the heavy warweight buildings at last.
    definitely not at the the top of the pole. I sit around 17 or 18th in a 25 person war
    Always learning - always listening
    Clash Name : OKanagan #YCQRG92GY
    Clash Clan : Canadian #YV9JP0Q8

Forum Elder
    In a competitive & cloudless Legend League
    Quote Originally Posted by okanagan2019 View Post
    definitely not at the the top of the pole. I sit around 17 or 18th in a 25 person war
    I would upgrade your heavy defenses first either way then. It won’t cause much (if any) of a difference in which clans your clan matches up against.
    👊🏼 Mister 008, Co-Leader of Venum Elite 👊🏼 Mister 008- TH13.5, BK 70, AQ 70, GW 50, RC 12
    Walls:
    200 zap, 100 DE
    PR: 5573 🏆 #4896 🌎 and #262 🇺🇸