Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match maker in Legends

Match maker in Legends

I think the match maker in legends is a little drunk. Iím at 5200, I got hit by a guy at 5800 just a few minutes ago. Even if I was his last attack and he 3 star everything, he was at 5500 when he matched me at 5200. Thatís giving him credit for not loosing any trophies on defense.

i have never matched over 100 apart, seemed strange. Before you ask I am going off current counts, not his historical numbers, they were well over 6k.

I posted the above a few days ago with no response. Maybe I should ask if anyone knows how legends match making breaks down. I rarely see more than 100 trophy spread, usually just a few trophies. However today I get another that I can’t comprehend. I was at 5522 at the time of the attack, the defender was at 6563. I was just below 5500 when my day reset and I was matched to this guy last night.

This is not a complaint, I got a 2 star and 21 trophies off him on my last attack of the day, but I just can’t figure out the difference unless he 3 starred everyone in his league day and his opponents all took a dive for no trophies. His base wasn’t that tuff and I am no great attacker. I wish someone could educate me on how this could happen.

I don't know how it works, but ... umm ... does it matter in LL? I mean the trophy difference doesn't have any influence on how many trophies you can get, right?

Was that first time you noticed already after the balance changes? Maybe that's the new thing to prevent cheating? Randomly matching anyone in LL no matter what trophy count they are at? All just my speculation.
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfIdeas View Post
    I don't know how it works, but ... umm ... does it matter in LL? I mean the trophy difference doesn't have any influence on how many trophies you can get, right?

Was that first time you noticed already after the balance changes? Maybe that's the new thing to prevent cheating? Randomly matching anyone in LL no matter what trophy count they are at? All just my speculation.
    You could be onto something there. I’m in on anything that hurts cheaters, even if it makes the game slightly tuffer.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfIdeas View Post

Here’s the answer to your question: https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/cl...ue-matchmaking.

Similar to what outofideas stated, you can match higher, but it makes no impact on the trophies you can get.
    Last edited by toofinedog; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:30 PM. Reason: Typo

I just checked the leader board the player I matched was 32 in the world, I was around 6400-6500 in the world.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyRay View Post
    I just checked the leader board the player I matched was 32 in the world, I was around 6400-6500 in the world.
    Sounds about right to me. The pool at the top (and make no mistake, you ARE at the top with that position) should be as wide as possible toprevent collusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Sounds about right to me. The pool at the top (and make no mistake, you ARE at the top with that position) should be as wide as possible toprevent collusion.
    Me at the top, that is definitely a scary thought, as my play is as old and slow as I am. If I match with a bunch of the same caliber tomorrow I’ll get a good beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Actually there are low-skill, mid-skill and high-skill level players in Legend . Your opinion is, players with different skill level should match the corresponding skill level players right?

I am sorry to tell you that, this is a wrong concept. The idea of legend is as a whole, you should be able to beat everyone no matter he has 6500 or 5000 trophies.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by kkgame View Post
    Actually there are low-skill, mid-skill and high-skill level players in Legend . Your opinion is, players with different skill level should match the corresponding skill level players right?

I am sorry to tell you that, this is a wrong concept. The idea of legend is as a whole, you should be able to beat everyone no matter he has 6500 or 5000 trophies.
    I dont think I said anything about skill. i stated that with his score putting him in the top 6500 in the world that he was in the top pool, exactly where that trophycount placed him.