Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Daily Deals twice as much as regular cost!

The photo I posted was from clicking on the "SHOP" button on the Builders Base. So the 671 gems was to fill my Elixir storage in the Builder Base. So the Daily Deal was more than twice the amount of gems to do the same thing--fill my Elixir storage on the Builders Base.

I will take a look at the newbie guide. Thanks.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagrid777 View Post
    Thanks for looking at this. As mentioned, I am new player and just trying to understand the game. I may be totally missing something so thought it was worth posting.
    No problem. You’re missing a couple things. A rune of builder elixir will fill your elixir storage. It’ll fill it if your elixir storage is completely empty, it’ll fill it if you only have room for 1 elixir, and it’ll fill it if you have room for just under 500k elixir as you currently do. Obviously, using it when your elixir storage is completely empty would gain you the most value for your purchase. It’d be a waste to use one when your elixir storage is as full as yours is.

Buying resources, on the other hand, is priced based on the actual amount being purchased. It’d cost you 139 gems to buy just 50k elixir and it’d cost you 671 gems to buy just under 500k elixir. Needless to say, if your elixir storages were empty and you wanted to buy the resources to fill them, it’d cost you substantially more than 671 gems and much less than the cost of a rune of elixir.

Another significant difference is that a rune bought now can be used later. However, resources bought now go directly into your storage containers. If you bought a rune now, you could wait until your elixir storage is empty again and then use it, but it if you bought resources now, you get them now. Your storage would be full and you wouldn’t be able to collect any more until you used some. The advantage is definitely in the favor of the rune.

Think of these purchases as you would the cost of an all-you-can eat buffet. If you just finished eating where you stuffed yourself to the gills and couldn’t eat another bite, the cost of the buffet probably wouldn’t be worth it to you. You’d be better off paying for a cup of coffee and skipping the buffet. But if you hadn’t eaten in a while and you’re really hungry, that buffet can be a pretty good deal.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 681 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Hagrid777 View Post
    The photo I posted was from clicking on the "SHOP" button on the Builders Base. So the 671 gems was to fill my Elixir storage in the Builder Base. So the Daily Deal was more than twice the amount of gems to do the same thing--fill my Elixir storage on the Builders Base.
    I will take a look at the newbie guide. Thanks.
    A rune completely fills your storages and that is different from the offers in shop. Using a rune for 500.000 isnt well thought.

Take a look at my picture and at your picture of the shop.