Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 100% destruction in night village

Forum Champion
    Any way you cut this cake, no player won by current long standing rules and there can be no prize for the win awarded.

Clash has always used by number of stars then percent destruction to determining winning or losing. Equal stars and equal destruction has always been a draw in clan events.

Unlike multiple player raids, cw or cwl there is no resource expediture or resource economics involved and there is no reason to incentivise participation through rewarding non-win.

If a change is needed to encourage participation, it will because game stats indicate dissatisfied players not because a vocal minority want a reward for participation. In the mean time, suck it up and rejoice that training time is negligible.

Fresh Spawn
    In a football match if the score is 10-10 should both teams be awarded the win?

Same score = a tie

Ties should never be rewarded the same as a win.

If you don't want to tie at 100%, improve your base, simple as that.
    Signature provided by
    Terminus Prime

Forum Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RMER View Post
    In a football match if the score is 10-10 should both teams be awarded the win?
    In football and many other sports, there are special rules for draws: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tie_(draw)
    In soccer, a tie is accepted in some tournaments, but not in others, where "over time" and "goal kicks" are used. Either way, there are specific rules for the matches.
    In Chess there is a whole lot of types of ties or draws: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draw_(chess)

In Clash of Clans, Builder Base, there are yet another rule for ties.

The point is; Deciding what happens in a draw and how to resolve it, is a part of the design of any game.

The rules for ties in Clash of Clans have been discussed a lot, but the rules we have really are the ones that a) makes the most sense b) does least damage to the game and players c) serves the best purpose.

• Fastest attack
    • Most hit points left
    • Highest destruction, including walls
    • Lowest BH level
    • Most gems in store
    • Lowest base weight
    • Instant troop training for both players
    • I win, because I'm the snow flake

All these suggestions introduce some sort of problem and every time, "the system we have" is the better alternative.

By and all, 100% draws in Clash are rare and can usually be avoided on the next match, if a different/better base is used.

/Affront
    TH13-68/66/42/13|BH9| Farm with US | full stats

Quote Originally Posted by theHealer View Post
    In the night village, when both opponents do 100% destruction, both of them should get the coin prize.

It is disappointing to do 100% destruction and still not receive the prize.
    Yup, it surely is quite disappointing getting a tie when already celebrating 100% "certain win", but no, they should get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Affront
    By and all, 100% draws in Clash are rare and can usually be avoided on the next match, if a different/better base is used.
    This literally made me LOL.

With a rushed BH9 draws are the DEFAULT at 3000-3500 Trophy range.

You typically need 12 to 15 games to grab your daily 3 wins.

This can only be avoided my surrender intentionally at 98%.

-- marrvin
    Last edited by marrvin; 6 Days Ago at 03:11 PM.
    Disclaimer: I do not work for SuperCell. I am not related to SuperCell in any way. I do not state any facts. All statement published by me are my opinions based on observations or just my guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by marrvin View Post

-- marrvin
    And? If you hyper rush to 9 without keeping some defense up to par, its mutually assured destruction. I float in the 2800 to 2900 range with my b7. It feels like it is almost all hyper rushed 8s and 9s there. Even so, I can compete. As far as the problem with the draws you describe, it's a self made problem. Dont see the need to change game mechanics to solve it.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marrvin View Post

-- marrvin
    Well, then it takes 12-15 games to grab your 3 daily wins.

On the positive side; you get your wins in the 3000-3500 trophy range.

Maybe, when you select your next defense upgrade, you select the cheapest and fastest way to add hit points to your base, instead of trying to max out the heavy defences first?

I'm not saying that THAT's what you are doing, I'm saying that THAT's what I did. I seriously selected upgrades based on the fact that it would take the opponent a bit longer to destroy that defense.

I'll still maintain, that a different base design or a reversal of mines from air to ground or vice versa, would take the meta using opponent off guard some of the time.

/Affront
    TH13-68/66/42/13|BH9| Farm with US | full stats

Has it ever been suggested deciding draws based on how quickly you did your attack (ie a tiebreaker like they did with clan war ties) and not just 100% draws. I often get draws and very close results around the 54% at BH9.

i also find it frustrating when I’m attacking under a boost and the opponent isn’t and they are just slowly deploying those archers 1 by 1 our you’re waiting for the bombers to do their thing. Maybe if you could match based on having the same clock tower status that would help?

Quote Originally Posted by helloworld2 View Post
    Has it ever been suggested deciding draws based on how quickly you did your attack (ie a tiebreaker like they did with clan war ties) and not just 100% draws. I often get draws and very close results around the 54% at BH9.

i also find it frustrating when I’m attacking under a boost and the opponent isn’t and they are just slowly deploying those archers 1 by 1 our you’re waiting for the bombers to do their thing. Maybe if you could match based on having the same clock tower status that would help?
    A few times. Check out this thread.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...er-Base-Battle
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22