Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 100% destruction in night village

A tie is not a win - you get rewarded for 3 daily wins on the BB. That is the design of the game. If 3-star ties were rewarded, it would only make sense to reward both sides equally - a participation trophy/bonus - and it should be less than the reward for a win. While that might seem fair, consider you only get loot 3 times a day - would you feel good about getting a partial because of the 30star tie, or would you rather have a chance at getting the full amount through another win?
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Quote Originally Posted by theHealer View Post
    In the night village, when both opponents do 100% destruction, both of them should get the coin prize.

It is disappointing to do 100% destruction and still not receive the prize.
    To add to others reply.

Say there is a prize for 100% destruction draws. The next question would be, how do you prevent players from creating dummy bases in lowest trophy range so that it is easier to meet other players that did the same in order to collude and keep getting 100% destruction draws with the objective of getting more loot for both parties thus creating a win-win situation by not competing as it was designed?

Quote Originally Posted by LapDawg View Post
    I could "technically" say the same thing about obtaining loot from Wars and CWL when one ties or looses. You still get loot doing those events even with a tie or a loss even if it's less then what you would normally get with a win. Isn't getting loot from the after mentioned events considered a Participation Trophy?
    Yes it is. But the main difference is that you can only war every other day, whereas you can start a builder base match at most every 3 minutes. So of course it makes sense for clan wars to receive something for ties since it'd otherwise be a complete waste of 2 days of effort.
    | TH12 | BK 65 | AQ 65 | GW 31 |

The player with the weaker defense should get some loot. Technically, he had a tougher time getting that 100% compared to his opponent.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    The player with the weaker defense should get some loot. Technically, he had a tougher time getting that 100% compared to his opponent.
    Hi Yachi and everyone,

I reread the posts written by theHealer in this thread. He or she didn't state that he or she had a tougher time getting 100% than his ot her opponent. He or she stated that both parties should get the victory prize because they did 100% damage.

I disagree because the above scenario is a draw and there was no victor.

---
    Storming beaches to lower the BOOM on NPCs and fellow Boomers,

Lynn D. Hammer
    January 12, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; January 13th, 2020 at 06:42 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Hi Yachi and everyone,

I reread the posts written by theHealer in this thread. He or she didn't state that he or she had a tougher time getting 100% than his ot her opponent. He or she stated that both parties should get the victory prize because they did 100% damage.

I disagree because the above scenario is a draw and there was no victor.

---
    Storming beaches to lower the BOOM on NPCs and fellow Boomers,

Lynn D. Hammer
    January 12, 2020
    I'm aware of what the OP posted. I'm stating my opinion is all. I can understand the frustrations of going through 100% ties after ties without gaining anything (wasted time), so giving some loot to the one that has a weaker defense seems about right to me, of course, again, just my opinion.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    I'm aware of what the OP posted. I'm stating my opinion is all. I can understand the frustrations of going through 100% ties after ties without gaining anything (wasted time), so giving some loot to the one that has a weaker defense seems about right to me, of course, again, just my opinion.
    Thank you for the clarification. I thought you were stating the OP's opinion instead of yours. Now I know.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now Boomer
    January 12, 2020
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Having weak defenses doesn't necessarily mean he had a tougher time to get 100%. It just means that opponent had easier time to get 100% on his base. The player with weak defenses need usual effort to get 100%, not tougher.

Your idea would just create more lopsided bases where players can just focus on offense and not defense, thus getting higher chance to get more loot by getting just 100% draws. I agree with the frustration after many times of 100% draws, but it is a versus battle and player need to "win" in order to get the loot. Unless SC want to re-defined what "win" means, then how to get the loot bonus is unlikely to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Having weak defenses doesn't necessarily mean he had a tougher time to get 100%. It just means that opponent had easier time to get 100% on his base. The player with weak defenses need usual effort to get 100%, not tougher.

Your idea would just create more lopsided bases where players can just focus on offense and not defense, thus getting higher chance to get more loot by getting just 100% draws. I agree with the frustration after many times of 100% draws, but it is a versus battle and player need to "win" in order to get the loot. Unless SC want to re-defined what "win" means, then how to get the loot bonus is unlikely to change.
    You are saying the same thing as I did except from a different perspective. As for the "need" to win in order to get loot can be changed by SC if they wanted to. Whether or not they should is a matter of opinion.

You are saying the same thing as I did except from a different perspective. As for the "need" to win in order to get loot can be changed by SC if they wanted to. Whether or not they should is a matter of opinion.
    Nope. I am looking from the OP's perspective.

Having weaker defense doesn't means he had tougher time to get 100% on opponent base. The difficulty to 3 star his opponent base is depending on his opponent defenses level, not his own defenses level.

Whether the game needs a change or not isn't matter of opinions. There must be some concrete evidence that the change could benefit the game before the change was implemented. Having opinion is fine, but there is no way any changes made to the game is just simply based on opinions. You can give your opinions about how the game should change, but your opinion won't likely turn into a change unless you could explain how it could benefit the game as a whole, not just a portion of the players' base while creating loop hole for exploits.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; January 13th, 2020 at 10:01 AM.