Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 100% destruction in night village

  1. #1
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    186

    Lightbulb 100% destruction in night village

    In the night village, when both opponents do 100% destruction, both of them should get the coin prize.

    It is disappointing to do 100% destruction and still not receive the prize.

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    The fact it is disappointing does not mean it should change. It is just as disappointing to lose, and then yiu also get no reward.

    The reward is for winning and there are only 3 rewards available in a 24 hour period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  3. #3
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The fact it is disappointing does not mean it should change. It is just as disappointing to lose, and then yiu also get no reward.

    The reward is for winning and there are only 3 rewards available in a 24 hour period.
    Firstly, your mentality can cause people to leave the game. You could argue that it is not disappointing. But if it is disappointing SC should work out how to improve it.

    I find it quite fair to get the reward if I do 100% perfect damage. And this of course will be 1 of the 3 daily rewards. Not an extra one.

  4. #4
    Forum Hero Phoenix1027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    The Land
    Posts
    6,740
    Quote Originally Posted by theHealer View Post
    Firstly, your mentality can cause people to leave the game. You could argue that it is not disappointing. But if it is disappointing SC should work out how to improve it.

    I find it quite fair to get the reward if I do 100% perfect damage. And this of course will be 1 of the 3 daily rewards. Not an extra one.
    You're essentially asking for a participation trophy
    TH13 | BK 65 | AQ 68 | GW 39 | RC 6

  5. #5
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,347
    Quote Originally Posted by theHealer View Post
    Firstly, your mentality can cause people to leave the game. You could argue that it is not disappointing. But if it is disappointing SC should work out how to improve it.

    I find it quite fair to get the reward if I do 100% perfect damage. And this of course will be 1 of the 3 daily rewards. Not an extra one.
    It should not count as a win. Your attack succeeded. Your defense failed. You did not win. This is the downside that everyone glosses over when pushing mad rushing in builder hall. You end up with high powered offenses and low defenses in certain trophy ranges. Another downside to both getting the win is how exploitable it is. Give wins for 100% ties and you have clusters of people with bases designed to give 100% for easy daily wins. If you are interested, there is a very long thread in the builder hall forum discussing tie breakers. My personal opinion is get a better base, upgrade some defenses, and stop giving up 100% destruction.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    236
    At 5000+ mark, there are hardly any triples....
    Meh
    Did anyone say 3 stars staying there
    Cant believe it

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by theHealer View Post
    Firstly, your mentality can cause people to leave the game.
    My "mentality" can't cauise any such thing. Please don't be silly.

    You could argue that it is not disappointing.
    I'm not sure how, particularly given I have already said it is.

    But if it is disappointing SC should work out how to improve it.
    That is wrongly assuming there is a reasonable way of "improving" it. That would certainly not be one such.


    I find it quite fair to get the reward if I do 100% perfect damage. And this of course will be 1 of the 3 daily rewards. Not an extra one.
    You might find it fair, most who fight for wins wouldn't. And rightly so, because it isn't. How can it be "fair" that you get the same reqard for a draw as you do for a win?

    And it would lead to serious abuse with players just making easy to triple bases and going until they find similar.
    Last edited by Ajax; January 12th, 2020 at 07:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  8. #8
    Pro Member LapDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    You're essentially asking for a participation trophy
    I could "technically" say the same thing about obtaining loot from Wars and CWL when one ties or looses. You still get loot doing those events even with a tie or a loss even if it's less then what you would normally get with a win. Isn't getting loot from the after mentioned events considered a Participation Trophy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    <snip>
    You might find it fair, most who fight for wins wouldn't. And rightly so, because it isn't. How can it be "fair" that you get the same reqard for a draw as you do for a win?
    What if the loot gained during a War or CWL was divided out like it would be during a tie or a loss? Could that be considered "fair" even if the PvP was changed to accommodate this?

  9. #9
    Forum All-Star LynnK2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Posts
    4,406
    Quote Originally Posted by theHealer View Post
    In the night village, when both opponents do 100% destruction, both of them should get the coin prize.

    It is disappointing to do 100% destruction and still not receive the prize.
    Hi theHealer and everyone,

    I disagree with you. It's rare that I did 100% destruction and my opponent also did 100% destruction. When it happened to me in the past, my approach is to redesign my base so the next attacks on me won't be 100% destruction. For me, the Night Village is about competing against players as we improve both our offensive and defensive skills.


    Quote Originally Posted by theHealer View Post
    Firstly, your mentality can cause people to leave the game. You could argue that it is not disappointing. But if it is disappointing SC should work out how to improve it...
    I'm speculating that Team Clash of Clans will make changes if many of us stop playing the Night Village. It may be disappointing to you but I don't share your opinion.


    ---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now Boomer
    January 12, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; January 13th, 2020 at 12:53 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

  10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LapDawg View Post
    I could "technically" say the same thing about obtaining loot from Wars and CWL when one ties or looses. You still get loot doing those events even with a tie or a loss even if it's less then what you would normally get with a win. Isn't getting loot from the after mentioned events considered a Participation Trophy?
    No, because you get much less loot.


    What if the loot gained during a War or CWL was divided out like it would be during a tie or a loss? Could that be considered "fair" even if the PvP was changed to accommodate this?
    It would, but I can't think of a reasonable way of doing this that wouldn't be wide open to abuse.

    If it counts as one of your three, then it means somebody who gets three draws would get less loot than somebody who had 15 losses and three wins. So that means as soon as you get a draw, you are worse off than somebody who never gets a draw, but gets lots of losses. Not reasonable.

    If it doesn't count as one of your three, then people would just set out to get an infinite number of draws. So wide open to abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •