Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How eagle chooses its target?

Pro Member

How eagle chooses its target?

It feels completely random to me,
    One time, queen and 5 healers on map, after funnel troops died I sent extra 2 hogs that activated eagle and eagle target the 2 hogs

Another time, again queen and 5 healers on map and once I deployed siege barracks, 2 valk and 27hogs followd by warden the eagle activated and target the 5 healers first causing me to lose my queen early after meeting a single red air bomb in addition to the eagle's shots
    Ofcourse that none of the troops were in eagle dead zone..

And there are plenty of more example..

Is there a way to know or its just randomly select target?

From clash of clans wiki:

"The Eagle Artillery targets according to a "heat map" or "hitpoint map". In other words, it targets the area with the largest density of hitpoints."
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; January 11th, 2020 at 01:04 PM.
    | TH12 | BK 65 | AQ 65 | GW 31 |

It has a blind circle like the mortar where it will not target the troops. Anything outside will be targeted which would be the most housing space or cluster. Something like that.
    TH9 | Level 280 | 1852 war stars | 2B GG, 2B EE, 10.81m HH

Friend in Need 2.35 million | Sharing is Caring 67k | BH9 PB 4871
    Player Tag #CVL802G

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    To add to the below unlike other defenses the EA recalculated it’s target after each volley (set of 3). Other defenses pick a target and shoot at that target until either the troop is dead or moves out of range or the defense runs out of ammo.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Pro Member
    Guys Im not a new TH11 that just discovered eagle, please read again what I just wrote

The eagle targeted 2 hogs while fully health queen with 5 healers on her was on the map.
    And in other attack the eagle targeted 5 healers while queen, 27 hogs, pekka and warden on the map, then your claim just not true... I thought that too but in reality that not what happens..
    Im talking about first eagle hit, once it got activate the first troop it attack was as I metioned

It always seems to initially target the troops that activate it, after that large groups of troops by troop space.
    Last edited by Doddsyuk; January 11th, 2020 at 07:00 PM.
    COC MAIN: Previously maxed TH12 Working on TH13 Clash Profile
    COC SECOND: Previously “maxed” TH12 Working on TH13 Clash profile
    COC THIRD: Near max TH11 currently upgrading to TH12 Clash profile

Inside my TH watching it snow on my village
    Quote Originally Posted by iRvN View Post
    Guys Im not a new TH11 that just discovered eagle, please read again what I just wrote

The eagle targeted 2 hogs while fully health queen with 5 healers on her was on the map.
    And in other attack the eagle targeted 5 healers while queen, 27 hogs, pekka and warden on the map, then your claim just not true... I thought that too but in reality that not what happens..
    Im talking about first eagle hit, once it got activate the first troop it attack was as I metioned
    Based on your OP and title, you asked how the EA works. (Your OP title asks, “How eagle chooses its target” which is vague and does not specify what you are asking now.) You received a response to your initial question. Now you are responding as if you know how it operates and that you think there is a bug or problem. If you want an answer to a different question, ask that question. If you want to report a bug or problem, post it in that subforum.
    Good luck. I hope my post was helpful.
    Now, I want to ask you to help. #SaveTheForums
    A hot topic in the CoC community (now closed): Getting-harrassed-for-6-months-now
    For humor & fun: Edit your question to make the repliee look stupid
    —Kooky KO

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KookyKO View Post
    Based on your OP and title, you asked how the EA works. (Your OP title asks, “How eagle chooses its target” which is vague and does not specify what you are asking now.) You received a response to your initial question. Now you are responding as if you know how it operates and that you think there is a bug or problem. If you want an answer to a different question, ask that question. If you want to report a bug or problem, post it in that subforum.
    thats why I added more text to the first post...my question is over there! I dont understand why ignore it and just base your answer soley by reading the title(my second comment just repeated what I already said not added a new information)

bottom line, the web information about eagle doesnt match reality, I noticed it lately and it kinda bother me and wanted to check how other experience it. I gave 2 examples that contradict the "well known" information so I hoped to get an explaintion here

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddsyuk View Post
    It always seems to initially target the troops that activate it, after that large groups of troops by troop space.
    thats really what happend on my first attack - eagle choose to target the 2 hogs that activated it, but on the second attack the eagle chose to target healers even thought I deployed 27 hogs( I long press with 2 fingers on all hogs) that activated the eagle so its pretty unclear

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by iRvN View Post
    thats why I added more text to the first post...my question is over there! I dont understand why ignore it and just base your answer soley by reading the title(my second comment just repeated what I already said not added a new information)

bottom line, the web information about eagle doesnt match reality, I noticed it lately and it kinda bother me and wanted to check how other experience it. I gave 2 examples that contradict the "well known" information so I hoped to get an explaintion here
    Without proper replays it’s really hard to explain certain situations there are a few plausible explanations but it’s guessing in the dark here so all we can do is give the basic answer as to how it chooses its target.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG