Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Battle Machine's A.I.

Banned

Battle Machine's A.I.

Who else notice the BM's new A.I.? It's getting unbearable after being a consistent problem.

First, BM disregards the lowest level wall when trying to break in.

Second, it's target calculations when picking the next target is whack. Sometimes it hits the farther structure first.

Third, random switching of targets. EVEN WHEN ALONE (no other troops and defending troops). Just now before posting this, it made a one hit on a wall thats supposed to go to BH before targetting another structure without walls around it.

BH's seems fine before the TH13 update. IFRC there's something that improved ai targetting there.

P.S. I posted this in General because no one goes to BB sub forum.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Shquickx11 View Post
    Who else notice the BM's new A.I.? It's getting unbearable after being a consistent problem.

Second, it's target calculations when picking the next target is whack. Sometimes it hits the farther structure first.

Third, random switching of targets. EVEN WHEN ALONE (no other troops and defending troops). Just now before posting this, it made a one hit on a wall thats supposed to go to BH before targetting another structure without walls around it.

BH's seems fine before the TH13 update. IFRC there's something that improved ai targetting there.

And it will get moved quickly to BB forum (and stating what you have about why located in general may be a breach of forum rules...)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveoUk View Post
    And it will get moved quickly to BB forum (and stating what you have about why located in general may be a breach of forum rules...)
    Forum's drying these days. It's only busy during update season. The few remaining users should get the best attention they can get. And "General" should mean anything right?

Forum's drying these days. It's only busy during update season. The few remaining users should get the best attention they can get. And "General" should mean anything right?
    You may want to familiarize yourself with the forum rules, particularly rule 15:

"Always read stickies before posting. Always post in the proper sub forums. Not doing so can result in your post being trashed, moved or closed."
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:40 PM.
    | TH12 | BK 65 | AQ 65 | GW 23 |

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    No it does not and it’s not up to you to decide where to post anything.

If you open this page on full site then right below general its clearly clearly written:
    Discuss anything related to Clash of Clans that doesn't fit in another sub-forum here!
    Last edited by Kaptain Kat; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:32 PM.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

There’s plenty of activity in the BB forum...where it makes sense. If you take the time to actually look at the existing posts, you will see the topic of the BM’s AI has been discussed many times, including since the TH13 update. The reason people do not respond is because they haven’t anything more to say on the matter. Yes - the BM’s AI does stupid things from time to time. No - it is not random nor is it without logic. Every action it takes follows a certain set of rules and we can explain nearly everything it does given the right set of images and/or video. He does not change targets without a reason - maybe his original target was destroyed, maybe he hit the timer on the “boredom rule”, maybe a hidden defense popped up and initiated the retarget rule. There will always be something as AI is rules based.

As to it being worse since the TH13 update...I have to disagree. He spends less time on walls and walks around more often than he did before. That is an improvement. Targeting itself wasn’t really changed (still rule of 3) and he still has an affinity for Crushers.

TBH, the BM just doesn’t factor heavily into most of my attacks because he can’t get through the walls quickly enough and when he does, he doesn’t last long enough to do much damage. I run air attacks, so he does not provide much support to my troops. And yet, my games hold just fine in the 4500-5500 range, or otherwise appropriate levels depending upon defense capabilities.
    Last edited by Noctaire; 1 Week Ago at 05:39 PM.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

I would like to know more about this "boredom" rule? For my latest attack the BM was pounding through a wall, got through the wall, targeted an Archer Tower, which made sense, hit it once but did not destroy it, then switched to the MM beside the Archer Tower. So switching targets without destroying them is normal AI for the BM?
    Supercell - add a button in Clash to stop the screen from shaking during attacks please!

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    I run air attacks, so he does not provide much support to my troops. And yet, my games hold just fine in the 4500-5500 range, or otherwise appropriate levels depending upon defense capabilities.
    Can you share some attack strategies?