Thread: Tasks expiring before the time is up.

Tasks expiring before the time is up.

One of my hoodmates has lost 2 tasks. First an egg task and just now a feed task. She claims she had 5 animals left to feed with 4 hours left to go and lost the task. Has anyone else experienced this? This not only ruins our derby but will cost us dearly on our leaderboard quest!
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

Quote Originally Posted by themammabear View Post
    One of my hoodmates has lost 2 tasks. First an egg task and just now a feed task. She claims she had 5 animals left to feed with 4 hours left to go and lost the task. Has anyone else experienced this? This not only ruins our derby but will cost us dearly on our leaderboard quest!
    Someone in our neighborhood has had that happen in 5e past and she contacted customer help and they resolved it but it took 5 days. Since it was her very first task of the derby it was resolved before the derby was over. It did cost us a top 3 finish as 3 others had finished with a perfect score, when we finished technically 2nd. Sadly, if they they take more than a few hours the derby is over.

i hope that customer service can help but they are far different now than they were back then.

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me how it was resolved? Did they give you the lost derby points? Usually they wonít intervene in the actual derby but will compensate the player with diamonds. We would have had a perfect score, placed first and moved up the leaderboard. Now we r currently in fourth hoping not to drop further and will take a huge hit on the leaderboard. Itís seriously disconcerting when the team works so hard and then takes a major blow that will take months to come back from....all through no fault of their own!
    Leader Spiritís Peace

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me how it was resolved? Did they give you the lost derby points? Usually they won’t intervene in the actual derby but will compensate the player with diamonds. We would have had a perfect score, placed first and moved up the leaderboard. Now we r currently in fourth hoping not to drop further and will take a huge hit on the leaderboard. It’s seriously disconcerting when the team works so hard and then takes a major blow that will take months to come back from....all through no fault of their own!
    They did give her the points but it was too little too late because other teams ended with a perfect score before it was resolved. So, although we would have been 2nd we ended either 4th or 5th with a perfect score. And, yes it is frustrating, as we took a huge hit on the leaderboard and it took 3 months to even get close to where we were. Ended up being that the rest of us wasted our 10 diamond for the extra task and they told her they would compensate her the 10 diamonds for an extra task but she said they never did.

Sorry your NH is going through the same.
    Last edited by HeaveninTN; 1 Week Ago at 02:26 PM.

Thanks for the information. We went down 3400 points on the leaderboard! Yes, it will take months! The competition in this game is tough, but part of the fun and it is fair. The glitches are infuriating and dig us into holes we r constantly fighting. Idk how many times my members have been opted in by the game when they have opted out. Yet supercell continues to deny this glitch. I do a sweep bf bedtime to try to catch it but it often happens afterwards. Sometimes my members can rise to the occasion, other times they r wo internet and completely unaware that they have been opted in. It seems every time we climb out of the hole, another glitch sinks us. My team is a good 320/10 team capable of good fair competition based on strategy, but how do you strategize for glitches!
    Leader Spiritís Peace

Thanks for the information. We went down 3400 points on the leaderboard! Yes, it will take months! The competition in this game is tough, but part of the fun and it is fair. The glitches are infuriating and dig us into holes we r constantly fighting. Idk how many times my members have been opted in by the game when they have opted out. Yet supercell continues to deny this glitch. I do a sweep bf bedtime to try to catch it but it often happens afterwards. Sometimes my members can rise to the occasion, other times they r wo internet and completely unaware that they have been opted in. It seems every time we climb out of the hole, another glitch sinks us. My team is a good 320/10 team capable of good fair competition based on strategy, but how do you strategize for glitches!
    Oh my goodness, that glitch is terrible. Fortunately we have not been hit with that one yet. My NH only has a few who are so diligent with their tasks. We do the 10th and only take 320/400 tasks but I have a few who consistently have an expired task or two or who donít really get serious about getting their tasks done until Saturday or Sunday. That drives me a bit bonkers because I am always done by day two at the latest.

i really like the people in my NH but am seriously thinking about throwing in the leadership towel and seeking a new hood where I can play, help and have fun but my daughter is in my NH and she is only a L57. Because of her disability I keep her with me but she does most derbies and finishes by day 3 at the latest. I just donít understand why people donít see they should be more considerate of the other players....if you opt in do your tasks, all of them and timely. If you canít do that, opt out. My concern is if I go seeking a new hood, I have 2-3 people who I would want to go with me but they are in the 50s. Baby-sitting and staying on all day and evening on Sunday so I can help pull them through 3-4 tasks is crazy. They majorly affect us in the leaderboard but like you, adding Hd glitches to the mix just makes it so frustrating.

But I will say, my NH rocks every Valley so it is a trade off I guess. We have been very successful every season because we communicate with each other and all check into the Valley numerous times a day, etc.

I feel your pain. It sounds like you may have the foundation for a good competitive hood if that is your goal. I would suggest that you really look at where you personally as a leader want to go with your hood. Even with most of your hoodies in the 50s you can continue to build a strong hood. But this also means that you would have to make some tough choices like kicking those who consistently let tasks expire. Sometimes weekend warriors are limited to such bc of their work schedules. You should not have to single handedly drag them through. The entire team should b lending a hand. In a competitive hood, the valley usually takes care of itself bc if you are competitive in one, you r competitive in the other. Whichever way you go, you need to make clear your expectations and goals to your hood and any new members. Screen well and donít be afraid to use the boot. Be consistent and strong.

I think weíve gotten way off topic lol. Good luck. I can always make room for good players who meet our level requirements. PM me anytime!
    Leader Spiritís Peace

Yes, we did veer off topic. My fault and My apologies but thanks for the advice Nd encouragement nonetheless.

But on topic: you can pull through this disappointing setback. It takes lots of time and frustrating to feel like you take 5 steps forward and then 10 steps back. It kind of takes the fun out of it at times to feel you are always climbing up a very steep hill, I know.

We have had the occasional glitch like this. We are not competitive so it doesn’t really impact us. I always find it curious when it happens to the same person though. Two in one derby, hmmm? If points are really important to you and this person consistently has problems with this ‘glitch’ I’d be looking at their place in your neighbourhood.

Yes, thatís why I came here to ask if others were having similar problems. This particular person always operates on the brink, so I was suspicious. Not being able to prove anything, and since she always managed to finish her tasks in the past, I let it go. That was a big mistake. This past derby she supposedly took a baked potato task by mistake. Not sure how one does that since it was a 320 and wouldnít need to be trashed so why was her finger even on it? After acquiring the needed resources from her neighbors, she up and left the hood w only 3 tasks completed! I think she just was in over her head and just couldnít keep up.
    Leader Spiritís Peace