Thread: iOS Hotspot to Android Phone Works Irregularly

iOS Hotspot to Android Phone Works Irregularly

Hi everyone !

So, I'm using an iPhone XR to create a hotspot for an Android phone (Redmi Note 8). The problem is that, sometimes the hotspot works and sometimes the game just gets stuck on the "Connecting" screen and refuses to load no matter how many times I try.
    Okay, I know the obvious answers are going to be that "my hotspot isn't giving off internet, that's why it's not loading." No, that's not the case. I can stream 1080p videos on the Android phone, while hay day refused to open. My friend can connect with the hotspot and the internet works perfectly on his phone too. In fact, I used to play on my old iPhone 6 using the hotspot method and hay day *always* opened, without exception. It is this Android phone that is causing problems.

So, how do I fix this ? Is there some Android setting I'm missing ? I've scoured through forums for the last week and tried a lot of things but nothing worked for me. I finally had to make an account to post this problem here and hope someone helps me.
    Thank you for reading!

Any consistency in when it works and when it doesn't?
    Last edited by meonhoc; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:31 AM.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Valley stuff: Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 140♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Any consistency in when it works and when it doesn't?
    None, unfortunately. Some days, it works perfectly on the home WiFi and hot spot and on some days, it will not work with the hot spot no matter how many times I restart both phones.

Tough case

Before sending you to a forum about "iPhone XR wifi hotspot problem", here a few infos that could be helpful for you:
    - Check this thread about TCP port for hay Day: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...rts-of-Hay-Day
    - if you can use the iPhone simcard in the Redmi phone, try this when the hotspot doesn't work; Just to check whether the original connection provided by mobile network let you connect to Hay Day. Maybe try sharing hotspot back to the iPhone XR
    - any other game from Supercell that can be opened while Hay Day doesn't?
    - any other device can open Hay Day on the same hotspot while Redmi can't?
    - have you tried clearing Hay Day cache when it doesn't open? Or reinstall it ?

I don't know about lot of things you had done, these won't help you solve the issue, but aim to provide a better understanding of the issue itself.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Valley stuff: Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 140♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::