Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The *Off My Chest* Thread

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    ....When you are decorating your farm, move across the options on the decor tab until you see "Storage". If you decorate from there you cannot buy an extra item in error. When you've used the last one that's in storage the item no longer appears on that tab.

I hope this helps.
    Great idea, Iíll be doing that next time - thanks!

Iím LuvHayDay, and I know this isnít logical, but Iím very unhappy about the huge number of permits required for all the new permit-locked land, combined with the extreme scarcity of permits. It really upset me when the permits were removed from the regular treasure chests, which had been a major source of them. Iím very frustrated that the permits were made much more scarce at the same time that many more were needed. At first the Valley seemed as it it might help, because I was getting 5 or 6 permits per season. But the last 3 seasons Iíve only gotten 1 or 2. At this rate it will literally take me years to unlock all the land, and that seems very unreasonable to me. I have such a strong emotional reaction to this that it has greatly diminished my enjoyment of the game. Thatís the illogical part I mentioned, but I canít help the way I feel.

Lately the game has been feeling less fun and more like a chore, and I think the permit situation is the main reason. This makes me sad, because Iíve loved the game for 4 years, and of course there are still aspects of it that I love. But to be completely honest, I feel resentful of the way the permit situation has been changed, and thatís not how I want to be feeling every time I open the game and see all that permit-locked land. So unfortunately, I think my days of playing HayDay are numbered. I keep trying to convince myself that this isnít that big a deal, but I canít turn my feelings off.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHayDay View Post
    I’m LuvHayDay, and I know this isn’t logical, but I’m very unhappy about the huge number of permits required for all the new permit-locked land, combined with the extreme scarcity of permits. It really upset me when the permits were removed from the regular treasure chests, which had been a major source of them. I’m very frustrated that the permits were made much more scarce at the same time that many more were needed. At first the Valley seemed as it it might help, because I was getting 5 or 6 permits per season. But the last 3 seasons I’ve only gotten 1 or 2. At this rate it will literally take me years to unlock all the land, and that seems very unreasonable to me. I have such a strong emotional reaction to this that it has greatly diminished my enjoyment of the game. That’s the illogical part I mentioned, but I can’t help the way I feel.

Lately the game has been feeling less fun and more like a chore, and I think the permit situation is the main reason. This makes me sad, because I’ve loved the game for 4 years, and of course there are still aspects of it that I love. But to be completely honest, I feel resentful of the way the permit situation has been changed, and that’s not how I want to be feeling every time I open the game and see all that permit-locked land. So unfortunately, I think my days of playing HayDay are numbered. I keep trying to convince myself that this isn’t that big a deal, but I can’t turn my feelings off.
    I agree with you. The permits are too rare. A few years ago they used to trickle in, but now there is very little I can do to obtain them. Sometimes a couple of weeks go by without finding one even after shuffling the derby rewards or doing some extra spins on the wheel when they are available. The first valley had six, but after that there were only one or two, and one valley season had zero. It's no longer a goal for me because there is nothing to I can do to obtain them other then waiting for the rare boat events. Last week I had little time on the day of the event and spent diamonds bringing boats in so I could get those five. I've been playing for six years, and the permit situation has greatly diminished my enjoyment.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    I’m LuvHayDay, and I know this isn’t logical, but I’m very unhappy about the huge number of permits required for all the new permit-locked land, combined with the extreme scarcity of permits.

...That’s the illogical part I mentioned, but I can’t help the way I feel.

Lately the game has been feeling less fun and more like a chore, and I think the permit situation is the main reason. This makes me sad, because I’ve loved the game for 4 years, and of course there are still aspects of it that I love. But to be completely honest, I feel resentful of the way the permit situation has been changed, and that’s not how I want to be feeling every time I open the game and see all that permit-locked land. So unfortunately, I think my days of playing HayDay are numbered. I keep trying to convince myself that this isn’t that big a deal, but I can’t turn my feelings off.
    Hi LuvHayDay and everyone,

I empathize with you because as chillaxed as Hay Day is, it triggers feelings in me with some of its update. I don't recall where I read or heard the following advice, but I know it didn't originate from my mind: Feelings are neither good nor bad. They just exist and how we deal with our feelings defines our existence.

The last update which trigger feelings in me was the one in which my newspaper displayed four huge ads instead of the usual 12 ads. It triggered some feelings because I'm not visually impaired so I was baffled why Team Hay Day did it. When I bought a new device to play the game, I was able to see 12 ads so there were new feelings. At this point, I was wondering why I had feelings about an ephemeral mobile game which may or may not pass the test of time and be remembered forever. For a brief moment, I had concerns about my mental health.

I don't know how to help you besides saying that it's OK to have feelings and express them in a public forum.

I feel that I must apologize in advance if readers don't find the above helpful.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now Boomer
    January 11, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; January 12th, 2020 at 04:00 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Hi LuvHayDay and everyone,

I empathize with you because as chillaxed as Hay Day is, it triggers feelings in me with some of its update. I don't recall where I read or heard the following advice, but I know it didn't originate from my mind: Feelings are neither good nor bad. They just exist and how we deal with our feelings defines our existence.

The last update which trigger feelings in me was the one in which my newspaper displayed four huge ads instead of the usual 12 ads. It triggered some feelings because I'm not visually impaired so I was baffled why Team Hay Day did it. When I bought a new device to play the game, I was able to see 12 ads so there were new feelings. At this point, I was wondering why I had feelings about an ephemeral mobile game which may or may not pass the test of time and be remembered forever. For a brief moment, I had concerns about my mental health.

I don't know how to help you besides saying that it's OK to have feelings and express them in a public forum.

I feel that I must apologize in advance if readers don't find the above helpful.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now Boomer
    January 11, 2020
    Thank you, Lynn. I appreciate everything you said. I agree that feelings are neither good or bad, and I don’t think it’s abnormal to have strong feelings about a game. When I said that my feelings are illogical, I just meant that I don’t understand them from a rational point of view. The problem is that I feel I’m overreacting to something that, from a rational viewpoint, I don’t think should bother me this much. But I can’t rationalize my feelings away, so they are what they are. Thank you for your empathy and for taking the time to respond.

Thank you, Lynn. I appreciate everything you said. I agree that feelings are neither good or bad, and I don’t think it’s abnormal to have strong feelings about a game. When I said that my feelings are illogical, I just meant that I don’t understand them from a rational point of view. The problem is that I feel I’m overreacting to something that, from a rational viewpoint, I don’t think should bother me this much. But I can’t rationalize my feelings away, so they are what they are. Thank you for your empathy and for taking the time to respond.
    likewise, luvhayday... its hard to turn off feelings and I know we saw the permit issue differently, but I don’t want you to turn off your feelings. We all just need to deal with them, like them or not.

many, many times I have questioned whether or not to keep farming for many different reasons. I have just adjusted my sails and I still am adjusting and sailing.

our hood saw 3 longtime members leave abruptly yesterday, and I have to adjust the sails yet again. Change happens and not many like change, but it is sail on or abandon ship. Abandoning permits took me 2 farms to do it. Abandoning my remaining hoodmates is still out of the question.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 53 GW 26
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Now, I realize that this is going to sound like I don't "appreciate" getting free items from the game. I do, but not when these drops interfere with my barn management. I find myself actually getting irritated whenever this happens, as I don't want or need these items, though I know others do. The game is designed to get you invested imo (which includes your emotions), so it is what it is and ok to feel the way we do.

Thank you TerMinus for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    likewise, luvhayday... its hard to turn off feelings and I know we saw the permit issue differently, but I donít want you to turn off your feelings. We all just need to deal with them, like them or not.

many, many times I have questioned whether or not to keep farming for many different reasons. I have just adjusted my sails and I still am adjusting and sailing.

our hood saw 3 longtime members leave abruptly yesterday, and I have to adjust the sails yet again. Change happens and not many like change, but it is sail on or abandon ship. Abandoning permits took me 2 farms to do it. Abandoning my remaining hoodmates is still out of the question.
    Thanks, Wussy! I donít exactly want to turn off my feelings, because I think feelings need to felt, not repressed. I just wish I could ďadjust my sailsĒ in a way that would lead to my feeling differently about the permits. But I donít know how to stop caring about them.

Iím sorry about your longtime hoodmates who left. That must be really upsetting, but I admire your attitude about adjusting your sails. I do work on adjusting my sails when I experience a significant loss, but I usually have to go through a long grieving process before I feel adjusted. It sounds as if you adjust more quickly than I do, and I think thatís great. I wish you the best with your changed hood.

I don’t want the”off my chest” to become a gripe thread but can I. Just add....I really dislike the 3x crop events because of the effects on the add for the next few days. It can be a real pain in the posterior when you are in a derby on something like a boat task or even town task and you need a million breads or popcorn or.....just saying. I am done now. The horse stall numbers to horse and the crop events make me a bit bonkers.

A few things that I would like to voice out (read annoyance) about this game in my 5 years playing this game..

1) the scrolling of the list of products let it be when we want to sell from silo/farm - you sell a bunch and scroll again when we want to sell the same thing - why can't it be like we want to buy items from the menu! just stay there! this shows it is possible! AND the scrolling when we want to release a specific townie (like the ladies at the bottom of the list!) - wanting to release them for a task when the train arrives so we get all new 14 townies is a chore!

2) no update for town - sometime ago we asked for the "see visitor" at the town hall button to be removed as it adds up the number of times we need to click before we could serve our townies - it's like press the townie - see visitor - allocate the building then we go to the building and serve them.

3) in the valley I like it when we send the truck to a building - if we go out of the valley to collect something for the order, the truck will be arrive at the destination/patiently waiting there - why can't the train be the same lol. if we go out and back when the townies are still getting down, the train will arrive again for the remaining townies lol I know it is better than before when the townies who got down had to get on the train and get down again lol

(faux 4) I had a point #4 but I can live with it (80 limit a day) with the you-know-who bot gone! but maybe consider not including town and land tools? in the limit or at least without town tools lol

about the permits, I calculated just now. have about 20 plots to go that's about 200ish permits - with 1-2 permits a week, approx 60 a year. that will take about 2.5 years - mid 2022 provided no new land and I am still playing! lol.

end of rant - time to 💤