Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The *Off My Chest* Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHayDay View Post
    Thanks, Wussy! I don’t exactly want to turn off my feelings, because I think feelings need to felt, not repressed. I just wish I could “adjust my sails” in a way that would lead to my feeling differently about the permits. But I don’t know how to stop caring about them.

I’m sorry about your longtime hoodmates who left. That must be really upsetting, but I admire your attitude about adjusting your sails. I do work on adjusting my sails when I experience a significant loss, but I usually have to go through a long grieving process before I feel adjusted. It sounds as if you adjust more quickly than I do, and I think that’s great. I wish you the best with your changed hood.
    LuvHayDay,

My strategy for "adjusting my sails" with the new land was to put up a golden fence next to the new land and ignore the new land. I decided to think of the permits as "extra" permits that I'm "allowed" to collect before the new land is "added" when I will quit ignoring it. Until then, I'm unlocking slowly just enough plots so I can see exactly how many permits I need to unlock the land. After that I can collect what I need then 2 or 3 years from now If I'm still playing Hay Day I can "pretent the land was just added" and enjoy rapidly unlocking the remaining land while looking only at my number of deeds, mallets and stakes. I hope this helps.

Susanna
    Level 145, Town level 40, 144/144 Achievements
    Purchased last of all available house, truck and stand options from Maggie: November 18, 2019
    144th Achievement: December 18, 2019

I LOVE Hay Day. Otherwise I would not have played it for many years. I play almost everyday, and I am a bit obsessive about it. I like the farming routines and I like decorating my farm.

SC has tried a lot of new things in a natural effort to keep the game being interesting. Most of those are not really to my liking (/the Valley being my "hate" pet peeve). I got hooked on HD because of the farming part and because I could decorate my farm more or less to my liking. I totally understand, that SC has to develop the game and continue to find ways, that keeps the game interesting to both new and old farmers. When I started playing there were only a few farming games out there, and HD was by far the best. Without having tried any of the others, I will claim, that it is still a top game.

What I really miss these days is new decorations. It has been a long time, since I last bought a diamond pack, because I have no use for those diamonds (/I really hate missing out on the decorations though). I use my diamonds on decorations, but there is nothing new there. I can rant from here and until next Christmas about how disappointed I am in not getting a single new Christmas decoration, I could use coins or diamonds on. Someone mentioned OCD in an earlier post and I have to say, I am bit obsessed about decorations. I don't buy one or two, I buy 20-30-40 and occationally many mores of each decoration, I like. There are several decorations I have hundreds of. I know, it is a bit crazy.

Someone mentioned the 12 booths, when we only have ten horses. Am I the only one getting a feeling that somewhere on a SC employees desk is a forgotten note saying "add two more horses"?

Overall I love HD no matter how much I rant about it!

I have not logged into the game in 2 weeks. There just is not enough for end-game players imo. I used to love trying to gather as much coin as possible, but one of the recent updates significantly changed the rate at which farm visitors arrive during those events making that a boring event as well. I used to love scouring the DD for hours finding EMs to increase my barn and silo space, but recent updates to stop bots imposed limits on real players trying to grow and expand.

I don't find any enjoyment from the Valley. I see HayDay asked on Facebook for feedback from players on the last Valley season. The feedback I have seen is literally the same complaints players had when it got released. Board too big. Clouds too imposing. Now add the added diamond costs throughout to try to reduce the issue with the board being too big (punish the player/make them pay up for a developer game design issue). Quite literally, this is all the same Valley feedback from almost the first season.

This will probably be my last post in Hay Day forums for a while until I hopefully one day boot this game up and see something of significance where the Hay Day developers are not continuing to restrict players growth and fun in the game. Sad to get that off my chest, but also glad as well. I think a break from the game will only be good while they figure out what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Susanna1 View Post
    LuvHayDay,

My strategy for "adjusting my sails" with the new land was to put up a golden fence next to the new land and ignore the new land. I decided to think of the permits as "extra" permits that I'm "allowed" to collect before the new land is "added" when I will quit ignoring it. Until then, I'm unlocking slowly just enough plots so I can see exactly how many permits I need to unlock the land. After that I can collect what I need then 2 or 3 years from now If I'm still playing Hay Day I can "pretent the land was just added" and enjoy rapidly unlocking the remaining land while looking only at my number of deeds, mallets and stakes. I hope this helps.

Susanna
    Thank you, Susanna! Your approach sounds great, and I really appreciate your sharing it with me.

It drives me crazy when i have to sell items that are on the lowest amount and i have to keep scroooolling all the way down. Still hate it everytime.

I still wish that when they introduced the min and max price buttons when putting stuff into the road side shop, they didn't set the default price per item to whatever you used last.

So for example if you put 10 tomatoes up for 299, next time you put 10 tomatoes up the price starts at 299

... would save so much time fiddling the prics

---

I'd also like the 'day' letter decos to go with the 'Hay' I already have

I plant all my fruit trees & bushes in groups of 10, All perfectly organized. When they require reviving I move them to my revive section to await a future watering task... still in groups of 10 and perfectly organized. When someone needs trees to water I will only give them up in groups of 10. 🙄

I might have control issues 🙊

I simply cannot handle tree blobs on my farm lol 😂

There. I said it. 😅
    Farm Level 127 Town Level 35 Farm Tag #U2LUPCGP

Recruitment Thread