Thread: No mystery tasks on my board

No mystery tasks on my board

Since this week's mystery derby started I have done one mystery task, which was the only one on my task board when the derby started.

The task that replaced that one wasn't a mystery task but a regular one. I was surprised to then have a board with NO mystery tasks, during a mystery derby, but went ahead & deleted some of the regular tasks in the hope of mystery tasks being generated to replace them. When I checked back 30 mins later, still no mystery tasks - another board full of regular tasks.

I play solo but have always had about 3 mystery tasks on any one board in past mystery derbies.

Anyone know what's going on? Is it just me?

Our NH is playing with just 2 players this week. I noticed, too, that the empty spots on the board are not necessarily being replaced with Mystery Tasks. My suggestion would be that you trash the board of all non-mystery tasks with about a 10-15 second delay between. Then, be there as the first task is due to come up. If it is not a MT, then delete it again. Continue thru the entire board to see if any MT arrive. I do not know if this will work, but itís worth a try.
    Last edited by Momscar; January 8th, 2020 at 03:21 PM.
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    Our NH is playing with just 2 players this week. I noticed, too, that the empty spots on the board are not necessarily being replaced with Mystery Tasks. My suggestion would be that you trash the board of all non-mystery tasks with about a 10-15 second delay between. Then, be there as the first task is due to come up. If it is not a MT, then delete it again. Continue thru the entire board to see if any MT arrive. I do not know if this will work, but itís worth a try.
    Thanks for the suggestion Momscar.

I'm a little reluctant to trash the whole board as there are some 320s that I would possibly take if I felt like time was running out for taking a mystery tasks - I tend to eke out my derby over the week as I'm only interested in the horseshoe prizes.

I guess I could just use your suggested method but leave the 320s on the board.

There must be something amiss though because I wouldn't normally need to do this in a mystery derby. Normally there'd be about 3 on the board at any one time.

Ho-hum, always something 🙄

Just as an update:

I deleted all the tasks I was happy to, which amounted to 8, spacing the deletions by 30 secs. Intended to check back as the replacements started to appear, 30 mins later, but got distracted/forgot. Anyway, when I did check, & the board was full again, there were 2 mystery tasks there.

So, in conclusion, this method was helpful for 'forcing' mystery tasks to become available - thanks Momscar! - but, really, I shouldn't be having to take steps to force them, should I?

You delete tasks you do not want to get the ones you do want. That is how it is in all derbys.

Quote Originally Posted by VulcanforHayDay View Post
    You delete tasks you do not want to get the ones you do want. That is how it is in all derbys.
    Yes, except in mystery derbies there are always mystery tasks on the board to choose if you want to, or regular tasks to do if you don't want to go for the mystery ones.

I wouldn't be here asking the question if what is happening this week, for me, was normal for a mystery derby. It isn't, so I am.

I see. I do not always have mystery tasks on my board so that was why I was confused. I dump the ones i do not want, and then new ones come up, usually with some mystery ones. I thought that was normal. Sorry for misunderstanding your question.

I never do the delay that Momscar suggested, I just dump, but there is probably some delay as I like to be careful when I am deleting tasks - so that i do not delete the one I am doing.

I am glad you found some tasks. If you think this was a bug, then maybe you should post it in bug forum so that team will notice.
    Last edited by VulcanforHayDay; January 11th, 2020 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VulcanforHayDay View Post
    I see. I do not always have mystery tasks on my board so that was why I was confused. I dump the ones i do not want, and then new ones come up, usually with some mystery ones. I thought that was normal. Sorry for misunderstanding your question.

I never do the delay that Momscar suggested, I just dump, but there is probably some delay as I like to be careful when I am deleting tasks - so that i do not delete the one I am doing.

I am glad you found some tasks. If you think this was a bug, then maybe you should post it in bug forum so that team will notice.
    Vulcan, I suggested the delay trash method in hopes that the Mystery Tasks would begin to show up. Our NH uses this during the Blossom Derby. If the task that first comes up is unsuitable, we trash and the next is also a Blossom task that may be more to our liking. I thought that possibly if no Mystery task came up with the first that it may force one for the next task due.
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗