Thread: Help notification in neighbourhood chat disappears

Question Help notification in neighbourhood chat disappears

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or 'working as intended' but it is a bit annoying to me right now. If you ask for help on your farm (boats, trucks, plants) or in your town a notification pops up in the neighbourhood chat to let your neighbours know. The other way of finding out who needs help is to check the neighbourhood tab/help tab on the bottom of the screen for people with an ! to their name.

While the ! stays until the player doesn't need help anymore, the much better visible notification in the chat disappears after a few minutes even when help is still required.

I'm in a small neighbourhood so when I ask for help while nobody is online, my help request sometimes will be gone before somebody sees it in the chat but I still require help. My neighbours are very helpful but don't usually check the tabs.

Why can't the notification stay in the chat until the player doesn't need help anymore?

(I know that the ! will show in the paper on ads but this derby we seem to get tons of town tasks and hardly anybody from the paper helps with the town and I just don't stock sandwiches to dump onto those greedy townies so I do need some help to finish the derby tasks, otherwise I would just ignore the town).
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfIdeas View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a glitch or 'working as intended' but it is a bit annoying to me right now. If you ask for help on your farm (boats, trucks, plants) or in your town a notification pops up in the neighbourhood chat to let your neighbours know. The other way of finding out who needs help is to check the neighbourhood tab/help tab on the bottom of the screen for people with an ! to their name.

While the ! stays until the player doesn't need help anymore, the much better visible notification in the chat disappears after a few minutes even when help is still required.
    Did you have an additional help posted on your main farm like a tree revive and it got helped?

It has been occurring for much time now that when multiple helps were posted, it seems that the first help will send a help message to chat. When the first help or set of helps get helped, the chat help message disappears even though there are more tree/bush helps posted on the farm. This is annoying when giving helps to a mate for their help task. Many times they will not know to return to the farm to get the unsolicited helps.
    I think maybe this is what is happening to you.

No there was nothing on the farm, just 4 town requests. The notification even said 'my town needs help'. But the one I asked for first was also filled first (by somebody from the friend list) but a few minutes after I had put all 4 up. So maybe you are right, that the first one getting helped removes the notification.

Still I don't see a reason why it should be like this and not stay up. I know it has been for a long time like this but I haven't seen this discussed here yet. And trying to get town help is really annoying me

Edit: I also know about what you described, when the helper gets to your farm before you marked all trees, they will have to refresh (go and come back to your farm) to see the last ones even if there is no chat notification.
    Last edited by OutOfIdeas; January 7th, 2020 at 10:42 PM.
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)