Thread: Clan Invite Request

Pro Member

Clan Invite Request

We do not accept random invite requests during war & war league, but we leave it open to request an invite. We do this because we have some trusted members who float around a few clans.

Typically if we have seen that if we accept someone who is already in a clan the join request disappears but we get a message saying that they are already in another clan (cleaner chat history). Twice now since the update, not consecutively, hitting accept has pulled that member from their clan into ours.

Has anyone seen this?

Could it be that these people requested an invite directly from the "new tool" as opposed to finding our clan (via searching our clan tag) and then requesting an invite?

During war we would be ok with accepting those people that match via the "new tool" (random) as opposed to someone specifically searching out our clan (spies).

This has changed with the update ...

Open 24 Hours
    Yes you can request to join a clan from another clan. It displays a warning that if you are accepted you will leave your current clan.

However, it does not mean that they found you randomly. I could take my mini accounts in entirely separate clans and request to join any of the clans my main account is facing in cwl.

Yes you can request to join without leaving your clan now, and you will be pulled from your clan when accepted. update change, but have not seenit work yet because we do not generally find people to invite but we have invited players we have faced in war before and they have joined us after. I have found good war attackers to be a reliable source of players although they might not be as reliable as someone you might have been able to vet in Global or other 3rd party means...

I do still find it strange that SC has not decided to set up recruiting profiles, or anything to help match better....such simple descriptions of clans and players are generally helpful in other game platforms...I see no reason why it would not help COC....like a recruit me posting page in game (Clan Wanted), and a we want this player post in game (Player Wanted)...insert a breif description of 100-300 characters. It is not a chat just a bulletin board of sorts.

I have multiple accounts and float between several other clans when not warring or to donate if their hi levels aren't there to help. When I leave my clan, I use another account to send an invite to that acct. Then I just need to accept the invite to come back. Even post update, no one can breach the gate without an invite.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    This has changed with the update ...
    After the update, if you are in a clan and you accept a "join my clan" request, yes you get pulled from your existing clan blindly.

Since the update: I have accepted people into my clan. Several have been in a clan at the time. In some cases the request vanishes and I get alerted (red letter text) that they are in a clan. Other times I accept their request to join my clan and they get sucked out of their current clan into mine.

The only thing I can guess that would be different from one case to the other is: did the first case search out my clan specifically; did the second case use the tool.

Open 24 Hours
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer339 View Post
    After the update, if you are in a clan and you accept a "join my clan" request, yes you get pulled from your existing clan blindly.

Since the update: I have accepted people into my clan. Several have been in a clan at the time. In some cases the request vanishes and I get alerted (red letter text) that they are in a clan. Other times I accept their request to join my clan and they get sucked out of their current clan into mine.

The only thing I can guess that would be different from one case to the other is: did the first case search out my clan specifically; did the second case use the tool.
    No the difference is if they were in that clan when they sent the request to you or whether they joined a clan after they sent a request to yours.

I suck my mini out of the feeder clan into the big clan using this method. But if my mini is clanless and request to join the main clan and then enter feeder clan, then the red letter text appears when trying to accept request into main clan. Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by MiddleC; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:54 AM.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    No the difference is if they were in that clan when they sent the request to you or whether they joined a clan after they sent a request to yours.

I suck my mini out of the feeder clan into the big clan using this method. But if my mini is clanless and request to join the main clan and then enter feeder clan, then the red letter text appears when trying to accept request into main clan. Hope that makes sense.
    Thank you.