Thread: Finding a clan for no strings CWL

Finding a clan for no strings CWL

Hi, looking for a point in the right direction for where ‘solo’ players can find a clan that has slots they want to fill for CWL.

Was chatting to an old clannie, who runs his own solo 5 account clan for wars & stuff, & very happy doing so. He was bemoaning the lack of CWL medal opportunities in his current set up - not a major whinge, but fancied some to speed progress. We used to run 30 vs 30 wars so could have happily fitted in the 3 accounts he wanted to throw in, but now do 15 vs - not fair on current peeps missing out for a newbie temp member.

This is NOT a call to get global back. However, one thing it was fairly useful for during CWL leadup was matching wannabe warriors & clans with slots needing filled.

So - is there any other channel folk are aware of that’s successfully filling this gap? Are there reddits, discords etc out there i could point him towards if he want’s no strings attached war action? asking for him as he’s not a forumite / reddit type of guy.

Any help appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by sparxmarx View Post
    Hi, looking for a point in the right direction for where ‘solo’ players can find a clan that has slots they want to fill for CWL.

Was chatting to an old clannie, who runs his own solo 5 account clan for wars & stuff, & very happy doing so. He was bemoaning the lack of CWL medal opportunities in his current set up - not a major whinge, but fancied some to speed progress. We used to run 30 vs 30 wars so could have happily fitted in the 3 accounts he wanted to throw in, but now do 15 vs - not fair on current peeps missing out for a newbie temp member.

This is NOT a call to get global back. However, one thing it was fairly useful for during CWL leadup was matching wannabe warriors & clans with slots needing filled.

So - is there any other channel folk are aware of that’s successfully filling this gap? Are there reddits, discords etc out there i could point him towards if he want’s no strings attached war action? asking for him as he’s not a forumite / reddit type of guy.

Any help appreciated
    I suspect in the recruiting forum here if you give it enough warning, you will find a clan easily. Will it be a great clan? I'm not sure. I know my own clan has no desire to pick up players just for CWL. I'm not sure why any clan would other than clans that don't have enough players for CWL. I wouldn't sit someone from my own clan to put someone new in.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Cheers 2222 - he gets he may end up in a totally random clan of questionable quality (I’ve warred with some crackers in a past 6 month solo stint), but medals are medals, & some better then nowt.

There was a steady stream of asks in global days, generally those smaller clans needing to hit the 15 participants, just wasn’t sure if that market had shifted elsewhere.

Yep, I agree with the others, any clan that will just let random players join for CWL may not be what you are looking for. Maybe it is but I would be cautious. Better to find a solid long term clan and get good CWL performance every month.

He can check the Discord server /r/ClashofClans. A few days before CWL starts, the channel #cwl-recruitment opens in there and there are both clans and players who are looking to recruit or get recruited for CWL.
    Last edited by RogerRag; January 5th, 2020 at 11:02 PM.

All answers so far are good.. The "looking for clan mates" section seems like a good idea..
    If he posts early, making people aware of the temporary status, there is a good chance he can find something that fits both parties before the next round.. Is almost a month before next season starts..
    Best of luck to the guy.. Hope he gets fixed up.

this is one of the problems with them killing off global. before they killed it i spent several wars helping out random clans that just needed extra bodies to make into cwl.

i need to check out that discord server apparently heh

In the future, our baby clan, TMBG Academia is always looking for any th level willing to attack in cwl. it's mostly th9 and down but we keep the rushed accounts and a donation account there as well.