Thread: Wrong Troop donation solutions

Wrong Troop donation solutions

Clan member complaints and bickering over wrong donations seem to be getting worse. There are the honest mistakes and there are members who are lazy and refuse to donate the correct troops. I think supercell can help. I have some ideas on how.
    1. Many mistake donations could be avoided if there was an approve screen just before you finalize a donation. Like if you donate a dragon and the request is for loons a summary screen on what you selected to donate could be edited or cancelled just like when you approve an army before a war attack or edit what is in you cc already.

2. Going further maybe itís better to update actual troop request with an actual troop selection method that would only allow those troops to be donated similar to the quick donation screen for donators there could be a similar screen fir requests and then the request would pop up on messaging with those exact units.

Please comment on whether one or both of these solutions would help smooth out the bickering over troop donations cuz this is getting annoying where half the chat is about wrong troop donations.

I think it would also make it easier for clan leaders to see who is making honest mistakes and who is just lazy.

Interesting thought, but overall likely not worth development time. It is up to the player to find a supportive clan - there are many out there - and burdening those who donate well with extra confirmations would feel like a slap upside the head.

Moreover, the comparison to war attacks is not completely reasonable. Where donations can be corrected every 20 minutes, (even down to 10 with clan perks!) a war attack is on a minimum cooldown of 24 hours, and can impact your fellow clanmates gain from the war. A confirmation screen is therefore justified in light of the power that a war attack holds (and,again, its potential to impact the other members of a clan), whereas the donations are something that affect the individual only and can be easily resolved in a multitude of ways with mechanics already present in game.

Quote Originally Posted by SirWilliamWallace View Post
    2. Going further maybe itís better to update actual troop request with an actual troop selection method that would only allow those troops to be donated similar to the quick donation screen for donators there could be a similar screen fir requests and then the request would pop up on messaging with those exact units.
    Years ago i have seen this on youtube as idea and i hoped we would get it one day. Sc ruled out out to make it visible who donated troops like it works in cr → popup after logging in like we have for defense.

In some Hadrons like Kaons, strange D mesons, and other such Strange Particles.
    Your 2nd idea is a lot of code behind the donation system - which I doubt SC will spend time on because its simply not worth it.

Your 1st idea is still ok but at times when you need quick donations it could be a little time consuming, and it didn't appeal to me.

As said earlier - Troop donations can be corrected every 20 mins. Which is ok.
    Whereas war attacks are only 2 ( 1 if its CWL)

so not a good comparison there
    Player Tag: #9YC8CL2C | Farm Tag: #92VP2V0Y
    Town Hall - 13 | My stats here || Farm Experience - 47
    Trying to keep up with all Supercell games - but time's always just not enough.
    YouTube Channel | Instagram Handle | Twitter Handle | Reddit Handle

If someone donates the wrong troops intentionally, the solution should be clear. I wouldn't tolerate that. Mistakes happen and should be forgiven.

I raid boosted and getting the wrong troops really fouls me up. Bickering? Yeah, I saw that once in a clan. A guy harassed me for giving the wrong troops by mistake. Then started giving me the wrong troops intentionally. I left. The leadership needs to put a stop to it.

I gave myself the wrong troops today. I have also donated over 1 million troops so I will make mistakes.
    Last edited by StormHeart; January 5th, 2020 at 02:25 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

The solution they plan to implement can be found here: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...wers-on-Reddit

"Q: In one of the previous AmAs you mentioned that you would love to add a feature showing who donated what so we could see which jerk is giving us goblins. Are we any closer to a feature like that coming out?
    A: This is something that's pretty high on our QoL list for next year. But it probably won't take shape in the form of an audit log. It'll probably be more like an option where you post a request in your Clan chat for which troops you'd want to be fulfilled and those are the only ones that can be donated."

Great insight. I thought about the code burden on supercell not being worth their time and the burden on clans that donít see donations as much of an issue but good to know itís been thought about. Thanks.