Thread: Forum Suggestion (Banners)

Lightbulb Forum Suggestion (Banners)

With HTML, it is possible to map an image with more than one link, and I think that is pretty neat. Similarly, banners that we have as of today can be linked, but the entire image is selected. Could it be possible to allow mapped links on our banners for the forums? I feel this would be very nice, but I could also understand why it might be a bad idea with how it's just more complications to the forums.

Anyways though, using my banner, here's an example (goes to JS Fiddle) of how the mapped images would work.

Who else would enjoy this feature?
    Clashing since December 27, 2014

All Time Best: 3074 Trophies | War Stars Won: 160 | Clan: Dimension C-137
    Heroes: BK=24, AQ=28, GW=0, RC=0, BM=10 | Skins: Ice Queen & Jolly King
    Alt Accounts on CoC: AlienDrew 2, AlienDrew 3, AlienDrew 4, AlienDrew PSU (just for fun)

Tim (the CR CM) has one of these on his signature: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...0#post11119860. But that area of the forum is closed.

That banner is explained somewhere in the forums... and to my knowledge the only of this kind.
    Will look if I can find that discussion, here in FT: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...signature+link
    Last edited by PaluEF; January 4th, 2020 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Added link

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Tim (the CR CM) has one of these on his signature: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...0#post11119860. But that area of the forum is closed.

That banner is explained somewhere in the forums... and to my knowledge the only of this kind.
    Will look if I can find that discussion, here in FT: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...signature+link
    Yeah I've read, it, and I'm not asking to increase size (or image split). My request is allowing the option to image map urls. An image map allows you to use one image, and allow for multiple links, in different positions, and even different sizes, on the same image.
    Last edited by AlienDrew; January 4th, 2020 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Added quote

Alt Accounts on CoC: AlienDrew 2, AlienDrew 3, AlienDrew 4, AlienDrew PSU (just for fun)

The Lost Little Growlithe DeltaDroid4's Avatar
    Would that be possible with the current forum software anyway?

Few people on these forums value signatures, as proven multiple times in the past when people requested for more options instead of the current signature restrictions. I'd support this but I don't see many people on these forums caring enough about signatures to make this happen.

You really have too much time on your hands :smirk:
    Checking empty spaces in signatures again, huh? :smirk:
    | Level 12 | PB: 5386 | Donations: 68K | Day Old Haggis | Contest Winner |

Quote Originally Posted by AlienDrew View Post
    With HTML, it is possible to map an image with more than one link, and I think that is pretty neat. Similarly, banners that we have as of today can be linked, but the entire image is selected. Could it be possible to allow mapped links on our banners for the forums? I feel this would be very nice, but I could also understand why it might be a bad idea with how it's just more complications to the forums.

Anyways though, using my banner, here's an example (goes to JS Fiddle) of how the mapped images would work.

Who else would enjoy this feature?
    I like the idea, but I don't know if it's possible to do such with the current software of the forum.

As far as I'm aware this is how that signature works:

In the signature there are multiple images and each image is entirely dedicated to a link. Using multiple images in signature is currently not allowed for forum users (banned by admins), and I think Tim has special permission to use multiple images in his signature.

So there are no multiple links connected to one image or mapped images in the forum (as far as I know).

Quote Originally Posted by mmmaka3m View Post
    I like the idea, but I don't know if it's possible to do such with the current software of the forum.

As far as I'm aware this is how that signature works:

In the signature there are multiple images and each image is entirely dedicated to a link. Using multiple images in signature is currently not allowed for forum users (banned by admins), and I think Tim has special permission to use multiple images in his signature.

So there are no multiple links connected to one image or mapped images in the forum (as far as I know).
    Yes I am aware of that. But if mapped images were possible on the forum, then having multiple images wouldn't be needed.

I have no idea whether it’s a possibility or not, but as for the idea itself... Idk what to think of it??

I clicked on the OPs to see what it did and it took me to Clash of Stats. There’s nothing in the sig anywhere that indicated it would do that.

Unless it was stated in the text, why would people even think to click on the signature in the first place?

If people become aware that this is an option and start randomly clicking images in signatures to see if they do anything, who knows where they could end up. Is there any way to prevent people from creating links to fraudulent/advertising/otherwise questionable sites?

If you *do put the info in the text, like...”click the image above to go to ____” then why not just have the link in the text in the first place?

The whole idea of an interactive sig is fun, though. So...?

But if it’s possible and isn’t something that would slow down the forums somehow, or that could be abused (so mods would have to check into constantly), why not?

Thanks for the pic, Katana! (And Tahoe for getting a working link, lol.)

I still need a new quote, though. Waiting for just the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by MommySnooks View Post
    The whole idea of an interactive sig is fun, though. So...?
    Not all links in my sig are informative but I ran out text to explain them...

like furustesr?

Credit for sig: DragonX101
    Credit for avatar: DragonX101
    Need a clan? Join Here
    My stats
    Interested in GFX? Go here