Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Ok Seriously... These Spam Posts Need to Stop

Inside my TH watching it snow on my village
    Quote Originally Posted by AlienDrew View Post
    Well, I think it would be best if it was "for every post" for at least the newest members (less than 50, 25, 10, or some small amount of posts/comments made).

That way it keeps the site at full speed for actual members, and gets rid of bots trying to clog it up.
    I disagree with this idea because of the annoyance factor mentioned by 2222. The goal is to welcome new forumers and encourage them to want to contribute to discussion. If the system requires every new forum account to verify posts, it might discourage the new members from contributing.
    Good luck. I hope my post was helpful.
    Now, I want to ask you to help. #SaveTheForums
    A hot topic in the CoC community (now closed): Getting-harrassed-for-6-months-now
    For humor & fun: Edit your question to make the repliee look stupid
    —Kooky KO

Quote Originally Posted by KookyKO View Post
    I disagree with this idea because of the annoyance factor mentioned by 2222. The goal is to welcome new forumers and encourage them to want to contribute to discussion. If the system requires every new forum account to verify posts, it might discourage the new members from contributing.
    It wouldn't be an every post thing. It would be the first post, and then other times when the "user" (most likely a bot instead), excessively creates new threads/comments too fast than a human could.
    Clashing since December 27, 2014

All Time Best: 3074 Trophies | War Stars Won: 160 | Clan: Dimension C-137
    Heroes: BK=24, AQ=28, GW=0, RC=0, BM=10 | Skins: Ice Queen & Jolly King
    Alt Accounts on CoC: AlienDrew 2, AlienDrew 3, AlienDrew 4, AlienDrew PSU (just for fun)

It wouldn't be an every post thing. It would be the first post, and then other times when the "user" (most likely a bot instead), excessively creates new threads/comments too fast than a human could.
    The forum already has a delay between posting new threads/posts.
    A hot topic in the CoC community (now closed): Getting-harrassed-for-6-months-now
    —Kooky KO

The forum already has a delay between posting new threads/posts.
    I didn't really know that, as I don't post excessively....

But like, for a first post, as an example, it gets started at some time X, and then depending on the length of post gets completed at time Y. It would be obvious if there is a long post, or lots of lines on a post, with the duration from X to Y being very short (like less than 1-5 seconds, that would prove a bot is posting, and that's the kind of posts that should get captcha's (or something similar).

Alt Accounts on CoC: AlienDrew 2, AlienDrew 3, AlienDrew 4, AlienDrew PSU (just for fun)

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25

But like, for a first post, as an example, it gets started at some time X, and then depending on the length of post gets completed at time Y. It would be obvious if there is a long post, or lots of lines on a post, with the duration from X to Y being very short (like less than 1-5 seconds, that would prove a bot is posting, and that's the kind of posts that should get captcha's (or something similar).
    As has been pointed out, there is a delay - and other controls - imposed already. For example, only five threads can be started in one day, and there must be at least two minutes between each of them.

There are also filters set that catch much of the spam, so it is not visible to members. Moderators can still see it, though, and will ban the spammer.

The use of Captcha has been ruled out by Supercell in any event.

I feel that it's very important to encourage new forum members, and not put too many obstacles in the way of their participation in discussions. Not all forum members are tech-savvy, and too many hurdles could discourage them.

Hay Day level 182 (main farm) - I have seven others!

The rule is to wait 120 seconds before posting again. I still think it would be annoying for someone new who wants to be active in a discussion to post something, and then the individual attempts to post again within a minute to not only have to see a message telling them to wait before posting again but also having to do a CAPTCHA. For me, it would seem annoying and deter me from posting as frequently as I do now.

EDIT: Cowslips beat me to the punch!
    Last edited by KookyKO; January 6th, 2020 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Wrong number of seconds for posting new threads
    —Kooky KO

The rule is to wait 120 seconds before posting again. I still think it would be annoying for someone new who wants to be active in a discussion to post something, and then the individual attempts to post again within a minute to not only have to see a message telling them to wait before posting again but also having to do a CAPTCHA. For me, it would seem annoying and deter me from posting as frequently as I do now.

EDIT: Cowslips beat me to the punch!
    I already understand that. And I agree with what you are saying about wanting to be active as a new member.

However, I was speaking of start to end time of making a post... not time from one post to another post. Because, it should take time to make a post, and if something is being created instantly (a bot), that is what should be given a captcha. For user's, who would obviously be taking time to write out a post, would be less affected, and hardly get a captcha (or the likes).

That's basically my sort of "proposal". Using timestamps from the being draft post start, to being posted, is what would be used, in combination with how much text was written. And even as a fast typer, there is still a limit to how fast one can write up a post. And those spam posts are probably a less than a 1-5 second thing (from starting the draft to posting).

I already understand that. And I agree with what you are saying about wanting to be active as a new member.

However, I was speaking of start to end time of making a post... not time from one post to another post. Because, it should take time to make a post, and if something is being created instantly (a bot), that is what should be given a captcha. For user's, who would obviously be taking time to write out a post, would be less affected, and hardly get a captcha (or the likes).

That's basically my sort of "proposal". Using timestamps from the being draft post start, to being posted, is what would be used, in combination with how much text was written. And even as a fast typer, there is still a limit to how fast one can write up a post. And those spam posts are probably a less than a 1-5 second thing (from starting the draft to posting).
    Sorry to be the bad guy and disagree again, but those who use copy and paste (such as myself in the bugs and problems subforum) might ave a problem if it keeps blocking us from posting.
    —Kooky KO

It's all good, like I said earlier, this would only affect those with hardly any posts using copy and paste, and from what I can tell, you've been here for a pretty long time, and most of your copy/pasting is to help others... but key point, you've been here a long time, making good with a great reputation.

Bot isn't that simple as you described. I have seen a full post copied from a genuine poster with advertised link inserted.

You can argue about beating bots, there are always real human behind to make sure the advertisement got posted. They got paid for it. SEO is a real business to get referenced by search engine.

Their goal isn't to get user click on it, but for search engine to detect how "popular" the website is.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Valley stuff: Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus - Piggy Bank

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 141♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::