Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Ok Seriously... These Spam Posts Need to Stop

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    We are using an older version of vBulketin, with no current plans to upgrade.
    We deal with the spam, and while it would be very nice to have less of it, SC have always been very reluctant to add plugins.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlienDrew View Post
    Ah that explains why the built-in verifications aren't enabled. And I know the gist, purchasing newer versions can be spendy (especially for a large company like Supercell).
    Plugins though, I know they don't always work, which is why I'm not suggesting getting one.
    Anyways, hopefully something can happen in the future, but at the least, I guess the manual spam intervention is fine.
    About this point:
    Yes, I know about how to report a post, and I do it to every single one. However, spam like this can be avoided just by using a captcha on here.
    To reduce your effort:
    Note that only reporting the oldest spam, and mentioning there are more in the same sub is enough for mods to address the issue.
    In the list of members having read that spam post, if you see someone active (like in this discussion) you can assume they also already reported,... but all these reports will anyway be aggregated on mods end.

Also, a few times spams appear within old discussions, as well as in forum groups, you can also report them.
    I may have soon more report posts than actual posts on the forums .

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Here's a post explaining why CAPTCHA won't be implemented by Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...CHA+forum+talk

---
    Lynn
    January 3, 2020
    If CAPTCHA isnt built in to the forums why whenever you make a search it makes you go through a CAPTCHA?

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by KatanaMaster12 View Post
    If CAPTCHA isnt built in to the forums why whenever you make a search it makes you go through a CAPTCHA?
    The forum certainly doesn't do that.

I have never had to enter one when doing a search - or anything else on these forums.

I have to re-login quite often, but only when doing moderation stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

I think you might be thinking about Google Search's captcha page, when you have been searching a lot of similar links, that are slightly different, like a bot would.

They normally appear like this on a blank white page, before it allows you to continue:

And if it's not that, then there is something wrong with the browser you are using, because I too haven't encountered a captcha on Supercell Forums
    Last edited by AlienDrew; January 4th, 2020 at 11:34 PM. Reason: added more info
    Clashing since December 27, 2014

All Time Best: 3074 Trophies | War Stars Won: 160 | Clan: Dimension C-137
    Heroes: BK=24, AQ=28, GW=0, RC=0, BM=10 | Skins: Ice Queen & Jolly King
    Alt Accounts on CoC: AlienDrew 2, AlienDrew 3, AlienDrew 4, AlienDrew PSU (just for fun)

Inside my TH watching it snow on my village
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The forum certainly doesn't do that.

I have never had to enter one when doing a search - or anything else on these forums.

I have to re-login quite often, but only when doing moderation stuff.
    I think you might be thinking about Google Search's captcha page, when you have been searching a lot of similar links, that are slightly different, like a bot would.

They normally appear like this on a blank white page, before it allows you to continue:
    [removed photo]

And if it's not that, then there is something wrong with the browser you are using, because I too haven't encountered a captcha on Supercell Forums
    I believe the CAPTCHA does appear if someone performs an advanced search while not logged in.
    Good luck. I hope my post was helpful.
    Now, I want to ask you to help. #SaveTheForums
    A hot topic in the CoC community (now closed): Getting-harrassed-for-6-months-now
    For humor & fun: Edit your question to make the repliee look stupid
    —Kooky KO

I confirm that when you are NOT logged in, every search query from the search page requires a CAPTCHA, at least from my location.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language. Report abuse/spam on forum.

Valley stuff: SIGN-UP - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 141♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Quote Originally Posted by KookyKO View Post
    I believe the CAPTCHA does appear if someone performs an advanced search while not logged in.
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    I confirm that when you are NOT logged in, every search query from the search page requires a CAPTCHA, at least from my location.
    I just checked it out, and I guess there is captcha for that part of the website.

Yep
    When you are not logged in

That sure would be annoying to have to go through that for every post.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    That sure would be annoying to have to go through that for every post.
    Well, I think it would be best if it was "for every post" for at least the newest members (less than 50, 25, 10, or some small amount of posts/comments made).

That way it keeps the site at full speed for actual members, and gets rid of bots trying to clog it up.
    Last edited by AlienDrew; January 6th, 2020 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Added quote
    Clashing since December 27, 2014

All Time Best: 3074 Trophies | War Stars Won: 160 | Clan: Dimension C-137
    Heroes: BK=24, AQ=28, GW=0, RC=0, BM=10 | Skins: Ice Queen & Jolly King
    Alt Accounts on CoC: AlienDrew 2, AlienDrew 3, AlienDrew 4, AlienDrew PSU (just for fun)