Thread: Drawbacks to a one-person hood

Centennial Club

Drawbacks to a one-person hood

Can a one-person hood climb the leaderboard? Or could one person have a hood with a second account?

You can run 10 hoods all by yourself with 300 accounts, if that's what you're asking. Or start 300 independent 1-man hoods. You'd climb the leaderboard with other 1man hoods. Drawback? It's not very fun, i guess.

Pro Member
    Pros: No drama. No begging. No intrusive neighbor asking personal questions.
    Cons: No one to turn to for help. No one to trade small amounts of upgrade items. Town play is limited to just the eggspress train, so those derby tasks are harder.

I have three neighborhoods. My main farm has the largest neighborhood. Filled with equal parts derby players and casual players. My second farm is in a neighborhood with just one other person. My low level is in with 3 other people. They are all fairly quiet self sufficient farms so it works out well for us.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Quote Originally Posted by CarolC View Post
    Can a one-person hood climb the leaderboard? Or could one person have a hood with a second account?
    Well i am a one person hood with 7 farms for me the big plus to being solo is zero dramas,no waiting and hoping others do derby tasks and no selfish farmer demanding help every two seconds as for climbing the leaderboard unless you have a ton of time i wont bother the problem with solo hoods it does make derbies harder i was in the top league but got frustrated how quick certain farmers would complete the derby and the final straw came when all hoods got max points and 3 still got relagated causing me to retire from derbies so in my opinion derbys are best suited to proper hoods
    yes my english writing skills are rubbish and lacks punctuation i am very well aware of this so please keep all comments and pm clash related all i want to do is chat not be reminded how poor my education is thanks

Away, for a little while. Will try my best for Lake Timer updating
    If you join a Valley and can't not afford to play Valley on all farm, that Valley will suffer from inactivity...

Derby only affect your own hood, but Valley has plenty of players from other places. Some of them might really want to buy from exclusive shop.
    Welcome to Community Forum - Report abuse/spam - World Time Buddy - Lake Timer

My Guides (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus | D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 150♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH13 ::

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrlk View Post
    Well i am a one person hood with 7 farms for me the big plus to being solo is zero dramas,no waiting and hoping others do derby tasks and no selfish farmer demanding help every two seconds as for climbing the leaderboard unless you have a ton of time i wont bother the problem with solo hoods it does make derbies harder i was in the top league but got frustrated how quick certain farmers would complete the derby and the final straw came when all hoods got max points and 3 still got relagated causing me to retire from derbies so in my opinion derbys are best suited to proper hoods

I played solo for 2+ years with a 6-farm hood, and for me the best part of the derby then was that I didn't have to play it other peoples way, I always waited till the end of the week, Sat. or Sun., let the crazies have their race, I usually found myself with a very quiet race, a few times I even raced alone!! that was fun... When I decided to try having a regular (very small) hood I quickly discovered that other people will not wait, so I derby their way and we hardly ever get anything... BUT in my second hood, just me and my 3 farms, I happily collect top 3 on a regular basis...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlk View Post
    I agree even though you only compete against other one-person hoods. Now I realize I may have been competing against one person with more than one farm. One particular derby is biased against single-person hoods. I found it too frustrating and opted out—don’t know if I’ll return. I did like getting the decorations though.

Centennial Club
    Thanks to everyone for the responses. I guess it’s just personal choice and how a person wants to play the game. I only have one account and not sure it would be worth it to try and play with 2-3 accounts. Anyway, thanks for the info!