Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: All Viable Avenues of Reporting Issues to Support Have Dried Up

All Viable Avenues of Reporting Issues to Support Have Dried Up

I have long had issues with support, dating back to the inception of Automated Support and it became so frustrating that I even stopped reporting suspected Bot activity and otherwise suspicious farms.

However, when an event is not working, stops working, a feature starts acting abnormal, what am I supposed to do? I feel like my hands are tied.

Here was my last interaction with support, summarised...
    Me:

Event is not working

It: Hold on, someone with be with you shortly

It: it would be best if you chose another option for reporting your issue

Me: event is not working

It: we have already responded to your issue and you must stop. If you are good, maybe we will listen to you next time if you change the subject, but for now, you have a time out

Is this how they reduce workload for the support team? Frustrate the carp out of users reporting issues, suspicious activity, game exploits?

If this is the case, this user won’t be reaching out, so at least something appears to be working.
    Last edited by WussyPuss; January 1st, 2020 at 08:41 PM.
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 53 GW 26
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    WussyPuss, I feel your frustration trying to use in-game support. It is not user-friendly and I agree going about in circles with their automated responses certainly discourages the player from continuing to try to report their issue.

I have used their out of game webform to submit both my recent issues. Actually I think I prefer it because when support responds (in both cases less than 24hr, but that may also be dependent on their workload and staffing so I must say I was impressed with their turnaround time given it’s the holidays), you have a ticket # assigned. In contrast, when you use in-game support, from some of the things I’ve read on this forum site, it sounds like they can close the thread, end of discussion, even tho the issue may not be resolved to your satisfaction. So if you try to open up the issue again by starting a new conversation, all previous history is lost and you may need to start from square one again, if you can even do that, which, from what it sounds like above, you can’t because you’re locked out for some time. With the ticket # from out of game support, if your issue is still not resolved to your satisfaction, perhaps it can be posted here and Nick or other SC staff can reference it and assist in getting it resolved.

A word of caution when using the out of game webform: there is a security text u need to enter prior to submitting your issue. If u take too long, it will have timed out and lost everything you typed (or maybe I’m just not tech savvy and it only happens to me). So before hitting submit, I recommend to select all and copy everything you wrote so you just need to paste it in case it timed out and u need to fill out the form again. Some of the fields you will have to reenter but you can just paste your description of the problem.

Also it takes quite a long time after you hit submit for the form to be sent and there is no acknowledgement, e.g. “thank you for your submission” either on the webpage or in your email. You just wait for their response via email.

Good luck!

Link to webform: https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/ha...ontact=1&p=web
    Last edited by QBIE; January 1st, 2020 at 09:55 PM.

What a terrible response, that’s dreadful. How rude!
    FROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 164 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

hmm, rude indeed, the dutch support is always fast and kind, how many supports are there actually ?
    Leader of HOOD#: PCYQYY80
    ID#:
    2Y9OUPGOU
    LVL: 118
    KIK: Timpie1980

I am afraid I am done with out of game support as well. Although I did have some success in the past via that avenue, my last merry go round about a year ago was just as frustrating.

my in game support was crashing, so I tried the web form. I tried to explain that my game was crashing while using automated support and they gave me instructions on how to use in game support. When I replied that I couldn’t do that because I was crashing and I also asked if I could be any clearer and what was being misunderstood. Case closed.

it absolutely pains me when I direct anyone to support. It now comes with the caveat “you can TRY contacting support”
    Farm 141
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1980 View Post
    how many supports are there actually ?
    im only aware of two: in-game and out-of-game. I believe they all get funneled to the same support staff. Just different ways of submitting your issue to them. Imo the in-game automated system sucks (excuse my language) and Id rather not deal with going around in circles so my preference at this point is communicating any issues I have to them out of game.

Quote Originally Posted by QBIE View Post
    im only aware of two: in-game and out-of-game. I believe they all get funneled to the same support staff. Just different ways of submitting your issue to them. Imo the in-game automated system sucks (excuse my language) and I’d rather not deal with going around in circles so my preference at this point is communicating any issues I have to them out of game.
    I think tim1980 means language wise, like Dutch support, US English support, Russian support, etc. These are examples, but I don’t know how many languages support covers

maybe my neighbourhood dutchies can teach me Dutch
    Last edited by WussyPuss; January 1st, 2020 at 11:27 PM.
    Farm 141

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I am afraid I am done with out of game support as well. Although I did have some success in the past via that avenue, my last merry go round about a year ago was just as frustrating.

my in game support was crashing, so I tried the web form. I tried to explain that my game was crashing while using automated support and they gave me instructions on how to use in game support. When I replied that I couldn’t do that because I was crashing and I also asked if I could be any clearer and what was being misunderstood. Case closed.

it absolutely pains me when I direct anyone to support. It now comes with the caveat “you can TRY contacting support”
    Agree. Success also depends on the support person responding to your issue. Fortunately at my work I know who the “good ones” are, so if my ticket doesn’t get assigned to one of them and isn’t getting resolved appropriately, I know and can ping their supervisor. Unfortunately we don’t have that ability here, but assume someone like Nick or other SC moderator does and can assist towards resolution esp when SC is clearly in the wrong or there was a definite bug like in your case. I have seen that happen reading some past threads in this forum. So wishing u luck on getting those missing puzzle pcs!
    Last edited by QBIE; January 1st, 2020 at 11:31 PM.

In 6 years of playing and having a few needs to contact in-game support, I was always satisfied with the outcome. That was until about 2 weeks ago. I knew that other players were having troubles with support and the automated system, and felt lucky and sad at the same time. Until you actually have the door slammed in your face, you have no idea the extent it affects your game play. It changes your mood, what you may or may not be able to accomplish and your general happiness with the act of playing.

It seems that the lack of respect for the player comes to light during the holidays. Maybe there are temporary support people so that regular workers can take holiday. I would rather get a response that says something like this:

We understand that there was a bug with the events during week 51/52. Due to the winter break, we cannot resolve this issue immediately. However, upon our return, rest assured, we will make it right.

The problem I reported to support still exists, and has occurred at least 3 additional times. And yet I was told to NOT contact support again about this issue.

I hope we get a response on exactly how can we contact support without being taken to task about a problem that exists within the game.
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I think tim1980 means language wise, like Dutch support, US English support, Russian support, etc. These are examples, but I dont know how many languages support covers

maybe my neighbourhood dutchies can teach me Dutch
    Yes! I do believe u r right! Silly me totally missed the ball on that one. Sorry tim1980 and ty WussyPuss for setting me straight. I dunno how many languages they cover either. Maybe I should learn Dutch too so everything will go smoothly.