Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the point of regular Clan Wars?

Forum Legend
    Fun
    Glory
    Loot
    in that order
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Anyway, Iím not sure I would want loot to be so high in war that it becomes a factor. Would your clan mates who are burned out on war be less burned out if the loot was higher? They can always farm for easy loot if they want it, so I doubt that is an issue.
    I think it would be cool to add something like 30 medals for a win, 15 medals for a loss (maybe requiring at least one star to get the medals). Nothing major, just something that would add up after a while to be some nice extra rewards

"Glory" and war logs and whatnot might matter for the top clans of maxed out Town Halls who have nothing else to do (which seems to be most of the posters on these forums), but for newer players they just seem pretty pointless compared to Clan War Leagues. I think it would help to make the rewards a bit better to keep more people interested in what really is a pretty fun aspect of the game

Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post
    I think it would be cool to add something like 30 medals for a win, 15 medals for a loss (maybe requiring at least one star to get the medals). Nothing major, just something that would add up after a while to be some nice extra rewards

"Glory" and war logs and whatnot might matter for the top clans of maxed out Town Halls who have nothing else to do (which seems to be most of the posters on these forums), but for newer players they just seem pretty pointless compared to Clan War Leagues. I think it would help to make the rewards a bit better to keep more people interested in what really is a pretty fun aspect of the game
    HaHa.. You give too much credit to posters mate..
    People come here to chat because they love to talk about the game, not because they are maxed out and have nothing else to do..

Myself, I dont war with anything bigger than a 9 these days.. Once they reach the stage that bows need to be dropped, I retire them..
    Are only good for cwl after that, cos 9 is what I am most comfortable perfecting wars with, which gives me a better measure of how the roster is drawing whilst tinkering with the MMA..

Some here are maxed, but many are either more modest halls, or use multi accounts, with a mix of halls.. this gives people a better understanding of how a hall level is performing, since they are experiencing it first hand (blue badges are just clever no matter what level they play)..

But this is the war forum mate.. It is religious.. The folk here would war even if there was no war loot at all on offer..
    Maybe it would be a better idea if they left medals well away from regular war.. It isnt for farming..

But, post it in the Ideas and Feature Requests section.. You never know.
    Here is the link
    https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...ature-Requests
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; January 1st, 2020 at 11:38 PM.

You speak much too broadly. There are plenty of newer players that love classic war and it has very little to do with being a "top clan" or maxed out.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Forum Elder

You forgot that those with maxxed halls got there without extra rewards in regular wars. They fought those wars because they enjoyed them, not for loot. They may compete in CWL and may or may not like CWL better but for a very long time, they warred because it was fun and needed no extra goddies.
    Last edited by Tosti111; January 2nd, 2020 at 03:51 AM.

They can't really do much more for loot for regular wars, if loot were really high, many would not farm. If you added medals then base progression would be too fast, that's why they made builder pots more expensive.

Regular war is about the glory over the loot, war log is coveted for many players and loot is enough to cover expenses for the most part.

If CWL did not have good loot, it could not function because it's performance based and you can't win all the time unless you field all max bases with skill.

I still prefer regular wars over CWL and having a nice green war log.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I can agree with most..
    Regular war is better IMO..
    CWL wouldnt work without the rewards..
    Heavy wars are a minority..

But I am not sure about classic being the main focus for clans anymore..
    We reside and post in the war section, so obviously we are enthusiasts..

But take a look in the General section.. Take note of most newcomers to forum.. There is still a Community focus on cwl at the Fleapit, but no longer is there any community effort for regular..

It seems to me that more people, and therefore clans, are more cwl orientated now..
    Maybe its human nature to want something in return for doing anything, but cwl appeases that desire more than classic..
    CWL is creating accounts that are more rushed than ever.. And cwl is far more suited to rushing than regular war ever was.. Unless you know how to rush strategically for war advantage..
    I am not suggesting regular war is dying.. Far from it.. But clan focus seems to be/have shifted..
    I prefer CWL because it is only one attack per person, it truly is a measure of who has a better overall team. In regular wars all it boils down to is the top bases doing clean up hits and covering for the bad attackers on their roster. Getting one attack per War also brings base building to the forefront where it should be. There isnít any scouting bases in CWL, trap placement and design really shine in that environment.

Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    I prefer CWL because it is only one attack per person, it truly is a measure of who has a better overall team. In regular wars all it boils down to is the top bases doing clean up hits and covering for the bad attackers on their roster. Getting one attack per War also brings base building to the forefront where it should be. There isn’t any scouting bases in CWL, trap placement and design really shine in that environment.
    I agree with some of that, but not fully that summary of the 2 attack system in regular wars. If the "bad attackers" have to be covered by the good attackers that less attacks for the good attackers to use on other bases. I know in our clan having our th13s get as many shots as possible on the enemy th13s is important. Those lower attacks help out a lot. As for any bad th13 attacks, it is a wasted chance at 3 stars and if it was so bad that it didn't even get 2 stars, now the next attacker has to be more conservative.

I don't think one or the other is more skilled, just differently skilled.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.