Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is token imbalance worse when only delivering 1 sanctuary animal?

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I’m not finding this season much different than other seasons. While the valley I am in as a whole may get to 400, I am finding that I cannot complete some daily tasks due to lack of fuel.

if I can’t deliver animals, I wait for the reset to deliver them. I have not lost any animals as yet and have had only one truck breakdown so far.

i have enough tokens to get the boosters, if we reach the target and I buy a couple of things along the way. Not feeling stressed, just feeling like the valley is not my thing.

why can’t you continue playing, I wonder? If you keep playing won’t you maximise other tokens?
    I can’t keep playing because my wallet is almost full (only space for 37 more tokens) and I’ve bought everything in the tiers of the shop that are open. The game won’t let me collect more animals when there’s no room in my wallet for the tokens I’d receive. So I have to wait until the next tier of the shop opens, so that I can buy things to create room in my wallet. This has happened to me repeatedly, and I’ve spent more days waiting than playing. And since my focus is on collecting animals, on the days I do play, all I do is collect a few animals and deliver them—and then I’m back to having no more room in my wallet to continue. It’s very repetitive, and I don’t find it entertaining to just keep picking up animals and taking them to the sanctuary. (I’ve mostly been avoiding going to buildings because that adds more tokens to my wallet without increasing the animal count.)

If I didn’t care about the 40 diamonds—or if I were in a Valley where people were collecting more animals—I could play much as I did in previous seasons. But the focus on collecting animals makes it very different, and the other people in my Valley aren’t collecting many. As it is, we may not get 400, and if I cut back on how many I’m collecting, I don’t see how we’d make the goal (unless people suddenly start collecting a lot more).
    Last edited by LuvHayDay; December 27th, 2019 at 08:09 AM.

Sorry this is so long, but both luvhd and WP have brought up things I’m finding, too. I’m having some of the same issues at times this season.

(My first thought when it opened was that we were going to have a repeat of the first season with the chickens, with the goal being set to 400 again.)

In fact, we *might not* make it if many people become frustrated with how things are working and give up if they need to spend too much time/effort waiting to earn more fuel, for buildings to refresh, or for animals to unload. (Especially if they can’t get back to the game repeatedly during the day.)

Thankfully I haven’t actually had animals “escape” and have to “catch them again”, or I’d be less than “amoosed”. I wouldn’t have the time or the motivation to do it again after having that previous effort undone. If fuel wasn’t quite so precious (still), and the goal wasn’t so high, I could see some humour in it happening once or twice during a month. (Not sure everyone would feel the same, maybe that’s just me.) But, given the way it’s going right now? No.

———

I’m also feeling a bit “stuck” in a way. Although it seems there are more animals than there were chickens overall(?), I find I pretty much have to drive in a loop to get them back to the sanctuary.

I tried to go to another area of the map closer to my hoodie, but kept getting sent to a fish shop in my daily tasks (only one of which is anywhere near me) so I’ve spent most of the season in the same location. The fuel stop, sanctuary, animals, and buildings needed are in different directions—there’s not much opportunity to get what I need “on the way” to another spot. Once I found a sanctuary, fish shop, and gas station *relatively close together, I just decided to stay there. Then I do what I can, and if there are no more animals, building requests, etc., I just wait for the next day.

I’ve had to skip daily tasks a few times, so I’ll probably end up missing out on some of the rewards from the chests (which also seem fewer/farther between on the timeline this time).

———

When I have a task to collect 30 or 45 tokens of a certain colour, I often find there are literally no buildings near me/my sanctuary with that colour, making it hard to try to balance tokens. I know in the video they said you could save and possibly get two items from the exclusive shop, which I thought was a wonderful idea.

But now I realize that to do that, we need almost exactly 2400 of each token colour. 2000 in the wallet and 400 in the piggy bank. There isn’t much wiggle room if the tokens aren’t balancing out over time. I’ve run into the same problem with a full wallet and needing to spend but not wanting either to drop below 1200 of any colour or to create a huge discrepancy. So far, it’s close. Will see how it ends up.

———

I’ve also accidentally spent diamonds to speed up the unloading of animals, more as a reflexive thing if I’m tired/in a hurry and I’m not paying attention.

Before, most of my motivation to play the valley was to get those 40 diamonds that allowed me to add a slot to a machine or two and sometimes get a small deco from the game shop.

But now if I’m spending more diamonds on fuel and speeding up incidental things (and then to open the piggy bank?!—no idea what that will cost yet) it kind of defeats the purpose somewhat. That makes the whole thing feel less fun and more like a chore that may or may not reward the time/effort put in.

———

Not wanting to be a downer on everything here, just saying what I’ve found somewhat frustrating (that may be too strong a word—it’s not awful, by any means) this time. I like the additions of the sanctuaries, animals, gas stations, and so on, kind of livening things up in the valley. I just think there are a few more small tweaks that need to be done with this new presentation of it.

Thanks for the pic, Katana! (And Tahoe for getting a working link, lol.)

I still need a new quote, though. Waiting for just the right one.

I want the diamonds, if possible the boosters as well, but since I mostly get red tokens and literally have nothing to buy for those, I think diamonds is going to be my only prize, a bit more balance would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHayDay View Post
    Today I started a new approach of only delivering 1 sanctuary animal at a time (in order to collect more animals before I run into the full-wallet-empty-store problem). When I began, I had the most blue and red tokens. Now 5 consecutive single-animal deliveries have given me entirely blue and red tokens, so my token count stands at 2287-2110-1160. I thought the token imbalance was bad when I was delivering 2-3 animals, but this is crazy. I donít know if itís just random bad luckóor if itís by design. Are other people experiencing the same thing? At least when I was delivering 3 animals Iíd get all 3 colors, even if they were unbalanced.

So now my wallet is almost full (5557/6000), and I donít even have enough green tokens to get 40 diamonds in the exclusive shop if we manage to open it. (Weíve collected 212 animals after a little more than half the season, so itís going to be close.) Part of the problem is that Iím afraid to buy 3-color items in the store, which would reduce my green tokens even more and make it less likely that Iíll ever get them over 1,200 before my wallet gets full with other colors. But avoiding those purchases would limit me to blue-only and red-only items, which there are very few of. So Iíd spend even more days unable to play the Valley, which would mean I could collect fewer animalsóand weíd be less likely to make the 400 goal.

The other option is to just keep buying 3-color items, so I can keep room in my wallet to collect more animalsóand hope that eventually I get more green tokens and will be able to buy the 40 diamonds if they become available. Either way, I risk losing the 40 diamonds (either by not collecting enough animals or by not getting enough green tokens).

If anyone has any suggestionsóor information based on your experienceóIíd appreciate them. Iím finding this season very frustrating.
    Hi LHD,

My main farm is currently stuck and has been since yesterday with a full wallet. It wonít get unstuck until tomorrow when the next tier of items become available.

I occasionally ran into the same issue as you with an overload of a particular colour. Donít be afraid to buy the single colour items in the shop at this point. You have approximately 12 days to recoup and you will. Buy enough to bring your blue and red tokens into shouting distance of your green. When you start up again try to get 3 animals to the sanctuary every time. The only time I take less than three is when it just doesnít make sense to try to get a second or third animal fuel-wise.

Now, using that method, you might get stuck like I, HeavenInTN and others have done. Donít worry about that either. Use the time to gather loads of fuel. Take your free spins, gather sun points and camp out at a fuel station. I canít wait to attack the Valley tomorrow with my full to overflowing tanks and available spins.😉

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHayDay View Post
    I canít keep playing because my wallet is almost full (only space for 37 more tokens) and Iíve bought everything in the tiers of the shop that are open. The game wonít let me collect more animals when thereís no room in my wallet for the tokens Iíd receive. So I have to wait until the next tier of the shop opens, so that I can buy things to create room in my wallet. This has happened to me repeatedly, and Iíve spent more days waiting than playing...

If I didnít care about the 40 diamondsóor if I were in a Valley where people were collecting more animalsóI could play much as I did in previous seasons. But the focus on collecting animals makes it very different, and the other people in my Valley arenít collecting many. As it is, we may not get 400, and if I cut back on how many Iím collecting, I donít see how weíd make the goal (unless people suddenly start collecting a lot more).
    Sorry. I somehow missed this post. Weíre in the same boat. Iím not going to cut back. Iím going to play and collect animals full out until the game stops me again. It is frustrating but itís the only way for my main farm to get that balloon and I am mean to get it come-H-E-double-hockey-sticks or high water. Letís stick together. We just canít let this version of Valley beat us. 🤜👍

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    Sorry. I somehow missed this post. We’re in the same boat. I’m not going to cut back. I’m going to play and collect animals full out until the game stops me again. It is frustrating but it’s the only way for my main farm to get that balloon and I am mean to get it come-H-E-double-hockey-sticks or high water. Let’s stick together. We just can’t let this version of Valley beat us. 卵
    Thanks, BostonGirl! I appreciate your understanding and encouragement. I’d be more motivated if I wanted the balloon, but I don’t like the stylized base it’s on. And I’m not interested in the boosters, so I’m going for the 40 diamonds. The rational part of me thinks they’re not worth the amount of frustration I’m feeling—especially when our animal count is borderline for making the goal (if we continue at the same rate). But from an emotional standpoint, I want them—and I want to help my Valley-mates reach the goal. So even though there are times when I’m tempted to give up, I’m planning to keep collecting animals as long as the game lets me.

Hello i also have the same problem , wallet full need to spend some token so we can do our daily task at valley , i spend almost my blue token , now my token not balance blue token only have 192, red have 3000more n green have 2000 more how can i redeem my present at the end of the valley, at regular store it only sell item that need blue token no other choice to others colour please fix it , is kind of stressfull lol , please kindly do something about that

I wrote last time that I would stay away from valley threads but now I still wanted to share what I found as it might be interesting for other players and as feedback for SC, so I will just list it but not reply to any post.

So far I have always taken a full truck of 3 animals to the sanctuary, but still there was a huge imbalance of token colours.

In the begining of the season I had very little green tokens, about 700 less green than red and blue ones. I tried to even it out by buying red/blue token items from the shop. A few days later I had about 1.500 less blue tokens than green and red ones, again tried to lower the number by buying green and red items this time. Now I'm getting lots of blue tokens so it seems to even out through the season.

This leads to me having to buy things that I might not want/need just to try and balance the token colours. So my idea was that the shop could be different. There could be a list of all available items instead of the tiers we have now. But you would only be able to buy a certain amount, so after you buy one, a cooldown period of a few days will start (like the unlocking of a new tier in the current shop, idea stolen from the hammers in CoC). After the cooldown ends, you can buy the same item again and the cooldown starts once more.

How would that help avoid the colour imbalance?

My idea is that you could click the item you want to buy from the list and then you can choose which colour of token you want to spend on it (e.g. only blue, all 3 colours or blue and red ones), then the price would be calculated (e.g. 600 blue or 200 each of the 3 colours or 300 each of 2 colours). It may sound a bit complicated but I think it would give players more controll over the items they want to buy and the colour balance for the items in the exclusive shop since we have no controll over which tokens we will get for the animals.

This is what happened to me just now: I drove away from the sanctuary to collect some more animals, but stayed close enough to the sanctuary to check the tokens I will get.

First I got an elephant, I would get only green and red tokens. Next I got a second elephant, checked the tokens again and there where more red and green ones and a few blue ones (with the 10% bonus). Next I got a hippo and this resulted in the token balance completely reversing. Now I will get about 220 blue tokens, 170 red and 100 green ones (with the 25% bonus). I have no idea how that happened or what's the logic behind that. It seems like I got only blue tokens for the hippo and only blue bonus tokens and also somehow 'lost' some green ones as I had more than 100 for the 2 elephants only.
    Last edited by OutOfIdeas; December 31st, 2019 at 01:22 PM.
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfIdeas View Post
    This leads to me having to buy things that I might not want/need just to try and balance the token colours. So my idea was that the shop could be different. There could be a list of all available items instead of the tiers we have now. But you would only be able to buy a certain amount, so after you buy one, a cooldown period of a few days will start (like the unlocking of a new tier in the current shop, idea stolen from the hammers in CoC). After the cooldown ends, you can buy the same item again and the cooldown starts once more.

How would that help avoid the colour imbalance?

My idea is that you could click the item you want to buy from the list and then you can choose which colour of token you want to spend on it (e.g. only blue, all 3 colours or blue and red ones), then the price would be calculated (e.g. 600 blue or 200 each of the 3 colours or 300 each of 2 colours). It may sound a bit complicated but I think it would give players more controll over the items they want to buy and the colour balance for the items in the exclusive shop since we have no controll over which tokens we will get for the animals.
    I think that’s a great idea! I also think we need to be able to tap on the animals before collecting them to see what colors/numbers of tokens they’ll give.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    Now, using that method, you might get stuck like I, HeavenInTN and others have done. Donít worry about that either. Use the time to gather loads of fuel. Take your free spins, gather sun points and camp out at a fuel station. I canít wait to attack the Valley tomorrow with my full to overflowing tanks and available spins.😉

Good luck.

This! when you get out of time out and have fuel tanks almost maxed out you will hVe a full wallet again before you run out of fuel or at least that has been my experience.