Thread: Need to take extra task to complete all horseshoes.

Need to take extra task to complete all horseshoes.

It always used to be the case that solo players had to buy an extra task to reach the final horseshoe in the Derby. Then earlier this year to much cheering on this forum it changed and all horseshoes could be earned without the extra task, The extra task was only required if it helped to stop being demoted.

A few weeks ago I realised I was back to buying the extra derby task to reach all the horseshoes. Wonder this was an unintended change in the recent update?

Same with the townie tasks, it is back to the townies required not being dropped off. This was also fixed earlier this year and seems the fix was lost in the latest update?

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    I don’t know what league ur in, but when I read up on this change several months back after coming back from a long break, I only knew that the thresholds had been lowered for solo players and small NHs. This is what I remember reading from the Hay Day Wiki site on Derby so I decided to try it again and see how many shoes a solo player could get now. I was able to reach all thresholds until I reached expert league, where u do need to purchase the extra task to reach the last shoe. I don’t do the extra task so I’ve never made it to champions league, but imagine it’s either the same but also thought I read somewhere that even with the extra task, u still can’t reach the 9th shoe. I’ve been solo in expert league since sept and haven’t noticed a change.

Note: thresholds have been modified in the December 2018 update. Please be patient while we're collecting new numbers. In general you can expect thresholds to have gone up if you are in a 4-player hood or more, and down if you're in a hood with less than 4 players

Going back to the Wiki site just now I saw this that I didn’t see before, so it appears once u reach a higher league it was still intended that solo or small NH cannot reach the last shoe. To me, it is still a vast improvement to what it used to be so I’m happy where I am.

• Neighborhoods with less than 4 members opting in cannot reach some horseshoe flags even if every member only picks 320-point tasks. This is a known limitation.
    • Neighborhoods with 3 members opting in and completing ten 320-point tasks can reach the 8th horseshoe.

Sorry I don’t work my town very much so don’t understand ur question there.

Link to Hay Day Wiki site on Derby:

https://hayday.fandom.com/wiki/Derby

edit: should have clarified the above is my experience for solo player in expert league competing in a regular derby. Power derby u can get the last shoe without doing an extra task. Mystery derby, although I don’t take those tasks, if my memory serves me right, those 400 pt tasks should also allow u to reach the last shoe without the extra task.
    Last edited by QBIE; December 27th, 2019 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by auntiem View Post
    It always used to be the case that solo players had to buy an extra task to reach the final horseshoe in the Derby. Then earlier this year to much cheering on this forum it changed and all horseshoes could be earned without the extra task, The extra task was only required if it helped to stop being demoted.

A few weeks ago I realised I was back to buying the extra derby task to reach all the horseshoes. Wonder this was an unintended change in the recent update?

Same with the townie tasks, it is back to the townies required not being dropped off. This was also fixed earlier this year and seems the fix was lost in the latest update?
    If you scroll to the bottom of the page that QBIE linked to HayDay Fandom, you will see each of the thresholds are depending upon the size of the hood. The only time I recall this will change is during the Power Derby.

I have not noticed any change. And solo players still have to do the extra task to reach the final horseshoe. Prior to the change, even when using diamonds for the extra task the last threshold was unobtainable.
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

I play solo in the Champions League, and I’m able to reach the 9th horseshoe if (and only if) I buy the 10th task. I’ve been in the CL ever since the thresholds were changed to make that possible, and I’ve never seen the 9th horseshoe available without buying the 10th task. Of course it’s possible that there was a change that I didn’t notice, so maybe someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

Ty Momscar and LuvHayDay for posting. Didnít mean to give erroneous info.

Thank you to everyone for explaining. I donít mind buying the extra task now I understand it, always buying diamonds so it is not a problem. Happy to contribute for such a good entertaining game.

Still donít understand why the townies are slow to turn up when needed.

Happy and Peaceful New a Year to all

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    Prior to the change, even when using diamonds for the extra task the last threshold was unobtainable.
    Thanks Momscar i had forgotten how difficult it was for solo players. Taking a trip down memory lane I seem to recall only being able to obtain something like 3 horseshoes years ago. Your statement above was precisely the reason I eventually joined a large NH and also because my brother was telling me they were always getting 9 thresholds and only needed to do 300+ tasks.

I happened to stumble on the stickied post by Ranger at the top of this forum section where he listed the old thresholds. It makes no sense. For the rookie league doing the extra task, a perfect score=6x320=1920. Even with that you still couldnít get the last 2 horseshoes back then! I really thank all of you who convinced SC to adjust the thresholds because they were clearly so very unfair to solo players.