Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Design flaw makes it almost impossible to buy 2 items from Valley exclusive shop

Design flaw makes it almost impossible to buy 2 items from Valley exclusive shop

Unless my thinking is wrong, I see a big problem with the new feature that makes it theoretically possible to buy 2 items from the exclusive shop. In order to do so, we need to collect a lot of animals—and they give such unbalanced token colors that I think it’s going to be almost impossible to get enough of each color to get 2 items. Even without the animals—just collecting building rewards—I think it would be nearly impossible.

For example, if I want the diamonds and deco, I’ll need 2300 of each color, which is a total of 6900. The most I can collect (between the wallet and piggy bank) is 7200—which is an average of 2400 of each color. That only leaves room for a very small variation in color quantities.

For example, the best-case scenario I can think of (allowing for maximum excess of one color) is if I collect exactly the minimum 2300 of two colors. Then, if I completely fill my wallet and piggy bank, I’d have 2600 of the third color. So my colors would end up being 2300-2300-2600. The odds against that are overwhelming with the current imbalance, and I’d be amazed if anyone manages to purchase 2 items. (I’ve been getting a huge excess of green tokens, and even though I’ve bought every green-only item in the shop, I still have an excess of 500.)

In order to make it feasible for us to buy 2 items, I think something needs to change. The most obvious possibility is to balance the animal-delivery and building tokens much better, but the balance would have to be almost perfect. Another option is to significantly increase the size of the wallet and/or piggy bank, to allow for more color imbalance. Or make the regular shop much bigger, with a lot more single-color items (including less expensive ones) to allow us to spend down the color(s) we have too many of. Or give us the option during the season to discard tokens (in our choice of amounts and colors) so we can achieve the balance we need.

If anyone has other suggestions about how to solve this problem, please add them. I’m sure there are other ideas I haven’t thought of. And if there’s a flaw in my logic or math, please point it out and explain how this new feature can work successfully to allow us to buy 2 items from the exclusive shop.

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    I liked BULIGO’s idea:

Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    Would be nice if we could kick...err..SET FREE the animal that is giving us the "wrong" tokens colour. Ok, go free, Ellie the Elephant, i dont need your green tokens, i need your brother's blue ones!

Lol I'm too preoccupied trying to get 400 animals collected with myself my baby farm and a hood member that cant play much....they say that you can play the valley either in a small hood or as a single player but this season has changed that! No one other than myself is gathering animals even though support says they keep 60 active players in any given hood....so it looks like no matter how hard I try it's pointless to achieve the top prizes! Very disappointing and support wont listen to me ...I've been told its luck but indeed if you read the valley instructive it outline how its supposed to operate

Quote Originally Posted by QBIE View Post
    I liked BULIGO’s idea: “Would be nice if we could kick...err..SET FREE the animal that is giving us the "wrong" tokens colour. Ok, go free, Ellie the Elephant, i dont need your green tokens, i need your brother's blue ones!
    I like that idea too. It would also help if we could tap on the animal before collecting it and see what tokens it’s offering—as we can do with buildings. Of course we still wouldn’t know what colors the bonus tokens would be (for 2-3 animals), but at least we could choose the animals that are giving the colors we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxylady1 View Post
    Lol I'm too preoccupied trying to get 400 animals collected with myself my baby farm and a hood member that cant play much....they say that you can play the valley either in a small hood or as a single player but this season has changed that! No one other than myself is gathering animals even though support says they keep 60 active players in any given hood....so it looks like no matter how hard I try it's pointless to achieve the top prizes! Very disappointing and support wont listen to me ...I've been told its luck but indeed if you read the valley instructive it outline how its supposed to operate
    I’m in a similar situation as a solo player in an inactive valley. But maybe people would make more effort to collect animals if it seemed more worthwhile.

The previous valley seasons I was able to mostly control the the balance of the token colors by selecting with building requests to fill. This time that is irrelevant because the sanctuary payoffs are so radical. I do not see any way to predict or control the balance of token colors collected. The piggy banks on a couple of my farms are already full at 1200 but the token colors are quite unbalanced.

I am running a 5 truck fleet in my valley. So far collected 281 tokens. I did about 90% of that.

If a player ends the valley with the max 6000 tokens plus the 1200 piggy bank total. Total tokens be 7200.

Exclusive prizes cost...... 40 diamonds 3600, Valley balloon 3300. Total for both prizes 6900 tokens.
    That is a result of 2300 tokens for each color. That leaves a max imbalance of 300 tokens.
    Yes, I would agree the odds are overwhelming against a player to make the max totals within the variance limit.

Does anyone know if the type of animals collected determine the color of tokens that I will get?
    Last edited by dtx725; December 23rd, 2019 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxylady1 View Post
    support says they keep 60 active players in any given hood....
    I’m not so sure they meant “active”. Don’t think they can guarantee that. But 60 “other” players, yes. I see many hoods that r full or close to it, but they only have 1 to a few members in derby. I presume the other farms are not in derby because they’re not active. If not active enuf to be in derby they may not be active in valley either. So if ur in a small hood or solo like me then all u need is to be placed in a valley with a couple of those hoods n u will likely have trouble reaching the valley goal. Thats one of the downsides of small hood or solo like u say, and so i do believe it is luck to be placed in a valley with other hoods that have many active members who all help contribute to the valley goal.

To illustrate that luck and how it can still work to play solo or be in a small hood even with the new valley, I have a main farm and baby farm that r both solo in separate hoods. My baby farm’s valley is at 189/400 so I think has a good shot at the goal. On the other hand my main farm is not as lucky and only at 117/400 and have doubts we will reach it.
    Last edited by QBIE; December 23rd, 2019 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    Does anyone know if they type of animals collected determine the color of tokens that I will get?
    Been trying to look into that but so far don’t see a pattern. With the way meonhoc has been testing out the valley and noting all her (sorry don’t know if meo is a he or she) observations maybe she will post something about this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    The previous valley seasons I was able to mostly control the the balance of the token colors by selecting with building requests to fill. This time that is irrelevant because the sanctuary payoffs are so radical. I do not see any way to predict or control the balance of token colors collected. The piggy banks on a couple of my farms are already full at 1200 but the token colors are quite unbalanced.

I am running a 5 truck fleet in my valley. So far collected 281 tokens. I did about 90% of that.

If a player ends the valley with the max 6000 tokens plus the 1200 piggy bank total. Total tokens be 7200.

Exclusive prizes cost...... 40 diamonds 3600, Valley balloon 3300. Total for both prizes 6900 tokens.
    That is a result of 2300 tokens for each color. That leaves a max imbalance of 300 tokens.
    Yes, I would agree the odds are overwhelming against a player to make the max totals within the variance limit.

Does anyone know if the type of animals collected determine the color of tokens that I will get?
    I think in this case,it can be easily resolved by spending your tokens along the way. For example, if you have more of blue tokens, let find something with lots of blue token you can spend on. With this, the tokens can be balanced again

Quote Originally Posted by minhtram1712 View Post
    I think in this case,it can be easily resolved by spending your tokens along the way. For example, if you have more of blue tokens, let find something with lots of blue token you can spend on. With this, the tokens can be balanced again
    The way the valley shop is set up now, it’s not that simple. I had a huge excess of green tokens, and there were only 2 all-green items available in the first 2 tiers of the shop. After buying both of them (for a total of 1,110 tokens), I still had a big excess of green tokens, but there were no more all-green items to buy. Eventually more will become available, but there are only 3 more in the shop for the entire rest of the season. If I continue getting an excess of green tokens at the same rate, there just won’t be enough green-only items in the shop for me to get my colors in balance. That’s why one of my suggestions was to make the shop much bigger, with a lot more single-color items available.