Thread: Tier One Valley Prizes Stink

Tier One Valley Prizes Stink

If you want us to play the Valley, the prizes need to be worth playing for.

My wallet is already full. I'm level 175. Shovels, a bolt, 3 gold path pieces, and a couple of planks don't cut it. Next level is just as bad. The Only items in tier one that hold any interest are puzzle pieces and permits. Those don't open for 5 days. Boring.

It's great you're trying to add some interest, but the easiest way to do that is offering something new or worth it in the prize offerings. Why must SC always be so stingy? How about decent 5 star boosters? A barn upgrade? But no, we get one saw for 450 tokens! In 11 days I can get one pick. Maybe a fern, because I only have 50 of those already. Seriously? Where are new decos? The only result of the changesade is a full wallet a week sooner. I could stop right now, wait for the end, and buy the deco. Boring.

Or maybe, you just don't care about long time players.....

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    First of all, welcome back PetHerder to the HD subforum after a brief hiatus. I'm so glad the recent update brought you back to us. I'd like to think you've returned because you missed us and our awesomeness.

Since you're level 175, you're 25 levels away from an awesome decoration sent to players reaching level 200 as revealed in Supersight's video. I'm very excited for you. Good luck.

---
    Lynn
    December 19, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; December 20th, 2019 at 02:43 AM.
    Supercellís CEO on its majority owner Tencent, finding its next hit, and more
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t-hit-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by PetHerder View Post

My wallet is already full. I'm level 175. Shovels, a bolt, 3 gold path pieces, and a couple of planks don't cut it. Next level is just as bad. The Only items in tier one that hold any interest are puzzle pieces and permits. Those don't open for 5 days. Boring.

It's great you're trying to add some interest, but the easiest way to do that is offering something new or worth it in the prize offerings. Why must SC always be so stingy? How about decent 5 star boosters? A barn upgrade? But no, we get one saw for 450 tokens! In 11 days I can get one pick. Maybe a fern, because I only have 50 of those already. Seriously? Where are new decos? The only result of the changesade is a full wallet a week sooner. I could stop right now, wait for the end, and buy the deco. Boring.

I had the same experience today. My wallet was full 2 hours after the day started (so 21 hours ago roughly). In order to resolve my issue I purchased anything requiring a distribution of green, blue and pink tokens. So I purchased a puzzle piece, a boat booster, a coin booster and a single plank. Nothing else would reduce my wallet enough given it is days until there is anything I want to buy (permit and puzzle piece).

I would love to see new decorations or even some of the deco from long ago as prizes to be bought even if the cost is high in tokens. Wonder what happens when the piggy bank is full? Mine is not far from it and we are really at the very beginning of the season.
    Last edited by HeaveninTN; December 20th, 2019 at 05:15 AM.

Last season there was a bonsai tree in my shop and to me that was worth working for. I was hoping to see another special deco like the windmill or vintage bike but no luck this season. I guess itís all random.

Quote Originally Posted by QBIE View Post
    Last season there was a bonsai tree in my shop and to me that was worth working for. I was hoping to see another special deco like the windmill or vintage bike but no luck this season. I guess it’s all random.
    Yes, I agree. And not only is it random, but the same few decos keep getting offered again and again. I was glad they added the bonsai tree last season, and I was hoping for something new this season, but there’s nothing new in my shop—and I haven’t seen anyone post about new decos this season.

It's now four days since my original post. The only things I have any interest in are the permits and puzzle pieces. I WOULD be interested in new decos, barn or silo upgrades, a BUNDLE of saws not just one, boosters that weren't a stingy 3 stars, and anything else new and different, but none of those exist. Instead, the "prizes" are the same tired, worn out junk we've gotten for everything for years now. Derby first place? Have more screws or your 53rd gold horseshoe. Derby prizes? Here's another egg or two butters. Y. A. W. N.

So, for my fifth day now, I do the free spin and leave the game. I can't even collect tokens from the animals that have been sitting at the pen for 4 days now, because my wallet is full. Tomorrow, after almost 6 days, I'll be able to buy ONE permit, collect my pen release tokens, and then the wallet will be full again, and it'll be another 2 day wait for the next one. This is soooo fun, said no one.

How am I spending my free time? Playing another game! One where the developers listen to their customers, make changes people ask for - not something almost like it but completely different, provide tons of fun side games to keep interest up and use up products, and they have tons of decos.

You guys are killing this game, and it could so have been avoided.
    Last edited by PetHerder; December 24th, 2019 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Typos

Centennial Club
    I completely understand your frustration. If I would be you, I had used my tokens for the 3 star booster and save it in the boosterstorage. Because, when there's a four or five-star booster popping up from a chest, you can easily swap that booster for the 3rd one. It's a small suggestion, but hey

Pro Member

Most of the valley prizes were just basic stuff but I never experienced an odor from them.
    Much of the pickings can be more easily accumulated in regular game play by harvesting crops, or opening free mystery chests.
    It is quite a few tokens for just 1 barn/silo material too considering how many it takes to actually expand the barn/silo just one level. I am not much into turning my farm into a decor dump but I like ground items like the ditch and path.
    My primary target are the zombie diplomas, puzzle pieces, then the 40 diamonds. The boosters are not much good but they go directly into your main storage so it reserves a free spot to swap in a good booster if we ever get one anymore.

My main farm is on standby at this moment since I am maxed out/sold out, waiting for next prize block to open.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    ...How am I spending my free time? Playing another game! One where the developers listen to their customers, make changes people ask for - not something almost like it but completely different, provide tons of fun side games to keep interest up and use up products, and they have tons of decos.

You guys are killing this game, and it could so have been avoided.
    First of all, I'm glad you've found another game to entertain you.

I hope Team Hay Day will tweak the game to your liking when they return from their winter holidays.

---
    Lynn
    December 24, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; December 24th, 2019 at 10:36 PM.
    Supercellís CEO on its majority owner Tencent, finding its next hit, and more
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t-hit-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by Sjowhan View Post
    I completely understand your frustration. If I would be you, I had used my tokens for the 3 star booster and save it in the boosterstorage. Because, when there's a four or five-star booster popping up from a chest, you can easily swap that booster for the 3rd one. It's a small suggestion, but hey
    I actually do this whenever I can get it "free". You're right, it's a nice way to trade for a decent booster without the additional cost of purchasing. However, I don't even have that! Literally, my first block consists of a certificate, one shovel, one plank, one wood panel, one stake, and 3 gold path pieces. Second block is one each saw, axe, plank, bolt, and certificate, and 3 mallets. The third block, opening in another 9 hours, which means tomorrow for me, I a bolt in two of the tags, another plank, one permit, one 3 star booster, and another mallet. So, I'll definitely get the permit, and I may do the booster, but either way within 24 hours my wallet will again be full, and there's another multi day wait. Boring beyond belief. My husband asked why I'm still playing. The only thing that keeps me in the game is my team, and that may not be enough any longer. It's boring and tedious. Cute decos only carry the day for so long, and SC hasn't offered much new stuff in a very long time. (I will say nice job on Greg's farm. Mostly boring stuff, but I love the idea and the coupled of new decos are cute.)

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope Santa brings you great goodies, and may you all have many warm and loving memories.