Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: trying to figure out war weight calculation done by server

Quote Originally Posted by Raidmachine View Post
    What if GT with Inferno and Xbows close to it? Will your Th10 3 star it? And where you get warden at Th10?
    I didn’t have a warden at th10. I 3 starred it without a warden, despite the fact that none of our th10s could 3 star the th11 that sat below that rushed th12 on the map. The point of my post was that the GT weighs A LOT if we are still relying on gold storage weight and that weight is much more than it is worth in my opinion. I’d rather face one GT than a base full of full upgraded archer towers, etc.

The placement of the defenses doesn’t really impact this point at all, but with this new example, if they are all close together? Freeze becomes a strong spell.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    I read this thread more than a week ago and wasn't aware of this non technical explanation posted by OnyxDS until his post was nominated recently by WussyPuss for the Best Post of 2019. Thank you OnyxDS and WussyPuss.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12195247

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Posts-of-2019

---
    Lynn
    December 31, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; December 31st, 2019 at 10:45 PM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I read this thread more than a week ago and wasn't aware of this non technical explanation posted by OnyxDS until his post was nominated recently by WussyPuss for the Best Post of 2019. Thank you OnyxDS and WussyPuss.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12195247

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Posts-of-2019

---
    Lynn
    December 31, 2019
    Was a great post by Onyx.. One of my favourites of all time..
    But it has nothing to do with clan war matching..
    It is about how bases are listed on the war map when the weights are the same eg maxed state.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Running maxed 11s, especially multiple maxed 11s are more likely to pull 12s, especially rushed 12s. There simply aren't many maxed 11s out there. Why dont you upgrade these?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The clan we just faced had a rushed th12 that had a gold weight higher than their mostly max (might have been full max) th11. I 3 starred it with a th10. The GT weighs way too much for what it is worth on defense in my opinion. It only destroys 50% of your army if you make the mistake of sending 50% of your army to it without a warden.
    Mixed messages here. My own opinion is closer to 2222's statement.
    Upgrading to TH12, even a level 1 Giga Tesla, adds a hefty amount for defensive weight, comparable to it's value.
    That's why being an early TH12, or rushed TH12 used for war (rather than just donations) is not a good place to find yourself.

In the last year or so, we've found TH12 matching to be almost spot on for regular wars, regardless of the progression of any TH11s that may sit below them on the map!

Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 16 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Mid TH12.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post

we've found TH12 matching to be almost spot on for regular wars, regardless of the progression of any TH11s that may sit below them on the map!

that is exactly why we like curren more precise MM to give us a more precise advantage
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Mixed messages here. My own opinion is closer to 2222's statement.
    Upgrading to TH12, even a level 1 Giga Tesla, adds a hefty amount for defensive weight, comparable to it's value.
    That's why being an early TH12, or rushed TH12 used for war (rather than just donations) is not a good place to find yourself.

In the last year or so, we've found TH12 matching to be almost spot on for regular wars, regardless of the progression of any TH11s that may sit below them on the map!

It seems that upgrading the Giga Inferno also has a disproprtionate effect on war weights. We have had people jump from postion 7 to position 2 between rounds in CWL when they upgraded that.

The scattershot seems fairly heavy, but the GI seems to have the biggest single effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It seems that upgrading the Giga Inferno also has a disproprtionate effect on war weights. We have had people jump from postion 7 to position 2 between rounds in CWL when they upgraded that.

The scattershot seems fairly heavy, but the GI seems to have the biggest single effect.
    Makes sense.. scatter shot may be new, but its still just another defence, albeit a powerful one..
    The giga, however, is defending the hall, which in itself is worth a star in war, so should carry premium weight..
    Just a pity they didnt make upgrading from lvl5 GT to lvl1 GI weight differentiated too.. then we wouldnt be seeing those 13s sitting below 12s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

I haven't tried to sit down and calculate it but I've seen more difference with the SS I think. For example in our current war we have a th13 and th12 both sitting at 119k gold weight. However, my own base that was a max th12 and has been upgrading steadily since th13 dropped is at 122k while a player that rushed into th13 but built two SSs is at 124k (and just got 3 starred).

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I haven't tried to sit down and calculate it but I've seen more difference with the SS I think. For example in our current war we have a th13 and th12 both sitting at 119k gold weight. However, my own base that was a max th12 and has been upgrading steadily since th13 dropped is at 122k while a player that rushed into th13 but built two SSs is at 124k (and just got 3 starred).
    what lvl is the giga inferno at your 122k and the 124k bases, I find Scattershot add only 1K each, but it still lvl1, my 119 near max th12 now is 123K with 2 scattershot lvl1 with lvl1 giga, lvl12 RC, only 2 xbow upgraded

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Makes sense.. scatter shot may be new, but its still just another defence, albeit a powerful one..
    The giga, however, is defending the hall, which in itself is worth a star in war, so should carry premium weight..
    Just a pity they didnt make upgrading from lvl5 GT to lvl1 GI weight differentiated too.. then we wouldnt be seeing those 13s sitting below 12s.
    I think you put a too low value on scattershot mate, even a lvl1 scattershot kill a max lvl5 bowler in one shot and they can not hide behind a tank. Scattershot is not just another defense, many high lvl attackers already recognized the dead of 2 of th12 most powerful attack at th13 lavaloon and pekka smash, because both rely on tanks for the loons and bowler. Yeti is replacing bowler at pekka smash attack, because bowler will dead before they reach the core
    Last edited by samratulangi; January 5th, 2020 at 01:36 PM.