Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: trying to figure out war weight calculation done by server

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by 11111111111 View Post
    underrated comment ngl
    TYSM for teaching me a new acronym, ngl

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ngl

---
    Lynn
    December 19, 2019
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    your th11 are they maxed or near maxed?

your heroes, do you have a fairly significant hero level advantage?

We just had an odd matchup too against a clan that's lost once in the last 20 wars where we are overmatched th wise:

us:
    0/5/2/6/11
    them:
    2/5/4/5/7

but we have a large hero advantage... totaling the top seven bases hero levels on both sides (k,q,w,c):

us:
    313, 357, 146, 0

them:
    162, 224, 82, 4
    3 th11 are maxed, 1 maxed without eagle, 2 semi and 1 rushed at bottom which is actually a dead base no one using (taken to be able to do 40-40).
    Th13 is equivalent of maxed th11+, th12 is above th13.
    Th10 4 maxed rest in progress but don't have infernos in few of them.
    All th9 still progressing.
    Th8 & 7 are maxed.
    Rest in progress.
    Last edited by Raidmachine; December 20th, 2019 at 03:30 AM.

Is still difficult to work out without looking at the accounts.. A number is only a number..
    Hardest part to work out is why they have 40 accounts in the war, and you only have 38.. If those that you forgot to mention carry much weight, then that would make a huge difference.

EDIT.. Looks like having hall disparity at the top is normal for you..
    Maybe it will be best if you stick with the 30v war size you usually use.. Those extra 10 accounts may be altering the effects of using filler bases too much..
    Found clan tag in your post history, so can take a look when there is more time maybe..

PS.. A public war log is always better when posting matchmaker problems, because then cocp.it will show the breakdowns of each war.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; December 20th, 2019 at 07:01 AM.

OK.
    I got the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidmachine View Post
    OK.
    I got the point.
    Mate.. It isnt a put down.. I roster all the time, and try to measure the effects..
    Sometimes, it doesnt take a lot of change, to drastically alter the spin result.

3 th11 are maxed, 1 maxed without eagle, 2 semi and 1 rushed at bottom which is actually a dead base no one using (taken to be able to do 40-40).
    Th13 is equivalent of maxed th11+, th12 is above th13.
    Th10 4 maxed rest in progress but don't have infernos in few of them.
    All th9 still progressing.
    Th8 & 7 are maxed.
    Rest in progress.
    Running maxed 11s, especially multiple maxed 11s are more likely to pull 12s, especially rushed 12s. There simply aren't many maxed 11s out there. Why dont you upgrade these?
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; December 21st, 2019 at 04:18 AM.

after suffling players in last 3 wars I have found war matching is more friendly to clans who have engineered bases. Where people don't add key defences like inferno, xbow and eagle or keep them lower level. They mostly focus on troops and heroes. Like a TH12 with defences of th10 level and but attacking strong with walls upgraded and Giga Tesla to max level. And GT it self is capable of destroying 50% of your army if not taken down early.

after suffling players in last 3 wars I have found war matching is more friendly to clans who have engineered bases. Where people don't add key defences like inferno, xbow and eagle or keep them lower level. They mostly focus on troops and heroes. Like a TH12 with defences of th10 level and but attacking strong with walls upgraded and Giga Tesla to max level. And GT it self is capable of destroying 50% of your army if not taken down early.
    This is the problem mate.. Engineering, or rather optimising, will always be possible, because the matchmaker is dealing mainly with numbers..
    So anything that is missing wont be counted.. if they draw someone that is stuck with the maxer mindset, then, roster dependant, they can gain significant advantage..

it appears SC try to offset this as much as possible, with some loose hall matching at the top, if the roster allows it..

But there are 3 basic ways to set a roster..
    Set up in such a way as to achieve a "fair" match, by keeping it tight, with balanced bases, and using sufficient top end bases in order to stay common, or at least control the spin with the top end weight..
    Set out to take advantage, by minimising as much weight as possible, by omitting heavy defence, only upgrading war troops, and creating a roster that closely resembles a rusher/noob clan, by stretching it..
    Or put in anything that is green (or to simply make up the numbers).. There is no thought or structure to the roster, simply a bunch of accounts thrown together and hit go.. The classic casual set up that most engi clans feed on..

Unfortunately mate, whether planned or not, your set up is working against you..
    You can drop the low halls, or increase the number of top halls, so they actually control the spin result..
    1x13 and 1x12 arent going to influence a war size of 40v.. Not with such a spread of halls, and all that weight coming from your 11s will be allowing a mountain of weight that can be used to match up an oppo of any shape..

i hope for your and everyone elses sake they get a grip on the MMA again, as it seems to be losing its way somewhat since the 13 drop.. It didnt help that the jump from 12 to 13 doesnt bring with it a natural weight increase.

Good luck Raidmachine.. Hope it improves for you.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; December 30th, 2019 at 03:37 PM.

The clan we just faced had a rushed th12 that had a gold weight higher than their mostly max (might have been full max) th11. I 3 starred it with a th10. The GT weighs way too much for what it is worth on defense in my opinion. It only destroys 50% of your army if you make the mistake of sending 50% of your army to it without a warden.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The clan we just faced had a rushed th12 that had a gold weight higher than their mostly max (might have been full max) th11. I 3 starred it with a th10. The GT weighs way too much for what it is worth on defense in my opinion. It only destroys 50% of your army if you make the mistake of sending 50% of your army to it without a warden.
    What if GT with Inferno and Xbows close to it? Will your Th10 3 star it? And where you get warden at Th10?