Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Valley season 6

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    HI BG, yes, I’ve been doing that, like you I got a couple of small amounts for free. Yay, but.... I’ve been trying to wait, but I’ve been strapped for time this week and I wanted to deliver the animals I had.

but how many animals do you have. Tokens aren’t much use without 400 safari animals if you want the deco.

My farm is completely managed too and I do the sun tasks, always doing the 200 and often the 550 spins. There’s no way I could collect & deliver any more animals with the fuel I had. I don’t Speed the trucks up either...

I’m just not finding this season fun at all and I’m disappointed because after all of the glitches in previous seasons, I thought V5 was great fun!
    I too loved season V5. We were in an incredibly inactive Valley though. Our NH really liked that Valley season and we stayed close to each other and communicated a great deal through the HD NH thread about chicken locations. We collected 525 with 5 of us in the Valley a lot. Of those not in our NH, less than 25 chickens were contributed to the total. So luck of the draw on who you are placed in a Valley with will make a difference esp if you are a solo hood or if if are in a small or inactive one.

And you are very correct about time, if you don’t have the time to check back frequently and set a timer for the fuel to reduce to 1 diamond, you are limited to just what you can get from sun tasks. I am currently waiting for a Diamond reduction for 20 gals of fuel, but waiting out those 2 hours is far better than how long it would take in planting potatoes for 3 spins. Of course, again, that only works if you have the ability to wait and check back in. But if someone is at work or just unavailable to get back within that 7-10 minute window, it really limits what they can do toward animal collecting.

And you are correct in your response to other comments, tokens are great but you have to get to 400 as a Valley. Ours passed 200 collected today and I and 2 other full trucks just pulled into the sanctuary. But with that blessing is a constantly full wallet and now piggy bank. I have purchased all items available whether I wanted them or not just to keep reducing a full wallet. After these animals I am now waiting to unload I will have a full wallet again with no ability to reduce it until tomorrow. So any animals I collect until then will simply increase our quota.
    Last edited by HeaveninTN; December 21st, 2019 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slaybelle View Post
    I have to admit that I was wrong. I was very sceptical of the new format and at the beginning of the Valley season, I felt like it was unachievable to collect 400 animals or enough coins to get the balloon.

Still have many days left and weíre already at 78/400 animals, and the coins add up fast when cashing in three animals at a time.

The 30 minute wait is a bit of a pain and I still avoid the fuel stations but besides that itís been more fun than I had originally thought.
    i had to admit the same a couple days ago. Learned my lesson to give it a few days before making such concrete statements.

Trainee
    E4EC1DB0-99A2-4291-9D08-E5AA1FAFAC59.jpeg

Hey guys! Is there a way to get rid of green tokens? Prizes for green only will be (for me) in like 13 days ... so i can’t collect animals if the system keeps giving me mainly the green tokens ... thank you for any tips/tricks ...

only thing i have in mind is driving and only collecting blues and reds ... but i can’t choose what tokens i get for animals - i tryed to go for next animal collection point but there are the same offerings in tokens ...

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by twothrones View Post
    E4EC1DB0-99A2-4291-9D08-E5AA1FAFAC59.jpeg

Hey guys! Is there a way to get rid of green tokens? Prizes for green only will be (for me) in like 13 days ... so i can’t collect animals if the system keeps giving me mainly the green tokens ... thank you for any tips/tricks ...

only thing i have in mind is driving and only collecting blues and reds ... but i can’t choose what tokens i get for animals - i tryed to go for next animal collection point but there are the same offerings in tokens ...
    In this Valley there seems to be a new bias built in just like with expansion tools. In the other Valleys I have collected roughly the same amount of the three tokens. This time I have very few green. Unlike you. Too bad we can't exchange tokens. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by twothrones View Post

Not any good tricks from me but...

Do not buy anything from the shop that requires only blue/red tokens. Buy those that requires all - even if you wouldn't want them. Or at least calculate beforehand how many offers you have in the shop requiring only greens. Otherwise your token distribution will be even more unbalanced and you cannot for example buy from special shop - no matter what you'd do. Or even worse, wallet full of green tokens and nothing to buy (preventing you to play the valley totally).

For some reason SC doesn't want us to play the valley as much as we would by making the wallet/shop the bottleneck.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    HI BG, yes, Iíve been doing that, like you I got a couple of small amounts for free. Yay, but.... Iíve been trying to wait, but Iíve been strapped for time this week and I wanted to deliver the animals I had.

but how many animals do you have. Tokens arenít much use without 400 safari animals if you want the deco.

My farm is completely managed too and I do the sun tasks, always doing the 200 and often the 550 spins. Thereís no way I could collect & deliver any more animals with the fuel I had. I donít Speed the trucks up either...

Iím just not finding this season fun at all and Iím disappointed because after all of the glitches in previous seasons, I thought V5 was great fun!
    My neighborhood has 228 animals so far
    Farm Name: Paris's Farming Place Level: 78 Barn Size: 700 Silo Size: 550 Achievements: 121/144
    Farm Score: 10.377.799 (updated 26/1/2020)

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by zetis View Post
    Not any good tricks from me but...

Do not buy anything from the shop that requires only blue/red tokens. Buy those that requires all - even if you wouldn't want them. Or at least calculate beforehand how many offers you have in the shop requiring only greens. Otherwise your token distribution will be even more unbalanced and you cannot for example buy from special shop - no matter what you'd do. Or even worse, wallet full of green tokens and nothing to buy (preventing you to play the valley totally).

For some reason SC doesn't want us to play the valley as much as we would by making the wallet/shop the bottleneck.
    Yep, thanks for confirmation that we canít do nothing about it iíll just stop doing animals at all, buy only even amount things and try to do buildings that donít give me green at all ... itís a bit sad, because iíd love to contribute with animals as much as i can ...

Centennial Club
    A few observations that might help others (note, I play solo and do not spend diamonds):

TOKENS EVEN OUT IF YOU FOCUS ON COLLECTING ANIMALS, BUT THEY EVEN OUT OVER A COUPLE OF DAYS: I have found that by focusing primarily on collecting animals (with only an occasional excursion outside my loop to a windmill, for ex, for a quest task), my tokens are roughly even -- but they even out over two days. On a given day I may get more red from the sanctuary, but the next day I'll get more blue, and so on. I've had to purchase items several times just to empty my wallet a bit, always buying items that require an even number of tokens at this point.

SAVE FUEL BY FOCUSSING ON COLLECTING ANIMALS AND VENTURING OUT ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE ENOUGH FUEL TO RETURN: I only do my sanctuary loop, collecting always the max 3 animals, when I have enough fuel for the circuit (about 11-13 usually does it. On days when I can amass a lot of fuel (30+), I venture out to a new sanctuary to start a new loop, just to mix things up. I've done that 3 times so far, but if I wanted to play it more conservative and save fuel, I'd just stick to one loop.

SKIP DIFFICULT QUESTS: I find it impossible to locate group tasks and sometimes can't find a delivery task near my sanctuary loop, so I just skip those quests entirely. They waste fuel.

ANIMAL GOAL IS ATTAINABLE WITH ONLY A FEW ACTIVE PLAYERS, BUT YOU NEED A FEW, ONE PERSON CAN'T DO IT ALONE (unless they spend diamonds, which I don't): On a positive note, it seems like a few more players in my Valley are finally collecting animals now, so that reaching the 400 goal just might be attainable. I think if there are as few as 5 players collecting animals the goal is within grasp. (I play solo, with a NH of a few players the animal goal should be a cinch.)
    --------------------
    Level 120

Quote Originally Posted by QBIE View Post
    Noticed this too but after u pick up 1 animal u can tap on the sanctuary (if ur close enuf) to see what color tokens u will get and an idea of their ratio. So far for me, if I was only being offered 2 colors initially, picking up more animals has never added the missing color. Token ratio stayed the same, their quantities just increased. So if from the first animal itís not what color or ratio ur looking for, then maybe just head to the sanctuary to drop it off instead of wasting more gas picking up more. Maybe itíll escape on the way saving u even more gas
    shucks I was wrong. Had 1 animal and saw only get red n blue tokens but just picked up another animal and now I also get green. Red still the most but green n blue pretty much in even amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by QBIE View Post
    shucks I was wrong. Had 1 animal and saw only get red n blue tokens but just picked up another animal and now I also get green. Red still the most but green n blue pretty much in even amounts.
    yup. Seems random. Other farm after picking up 1st animal it’s offering 114 blue 19 red. Picking up 2nd animal it’s now 163 blue 133 red. Still two colors but ratio is more even