Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it time to increase battle time?

Question Is it time to increase battle time?

I've been seeing quite a few threads about attacks becoming more and more lengthy to set up. At this rate I do believe 3 minutes may actually not be enough time to clear a base effectively at high levels. I'm not sure if this is only me but I often find myself rushing during an attack especially when using the RC as part of a kill squad for my air attacks. RC has made it much easier to get kill squads but still I often find it taking almost half the battle to effectively use a kill squad on some occasions. Maybe I'm just a bad attacker but I'd love to hear the opinions on this. I know it's been suggested way too much at this point but maybe it is time to consider?
    Ign: Tankdest22 | Town Hall Level: 12 | Walls: 250 (lvl 10) 50 (lvl 11) | Heroes: BK (41) AQ (39) GW (19)
    Builder Hall Level: 8 | Heroes: BM (25) (MAX)

Pro Member
    I'm not a pie you eat, I'm the pie that eats you. Nomnomnomnom.
    4 years ago (god, has it been that long already?), they added 30 seconds. Soon after, they removed the extra time, claiming it wasn’t needed.

My opinion? 3 starring was too easy with healer based armies, and they wanted to stop that. Keep in mind it’s pure speculation.

On to your topic, yes, I wouldn’t mind seeing extra time, but keep in mind that healers might get nerfed as a result. I wouldn’t mind that compromise.
    1) I sometimes bring 30 wall breakers to my raids, no lie. Half the walls in the base are destroyed, all it takes is one, maybe 2 rages. Maybe they need a nerf instead of <insert troop here>?

2) A picture is worth a thousand words. A replay of an attack is worth a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by FearElemental View Post
    4 years ago (god, has it been that long already?), they added 30 seconds. Soon after, they removed the extra time, claiming it wasn’t needed.

My opinion? 3 starring was too easy with healer based armies, and they wanted to stop that. Keep in mind it’s pure speculation.

On to your topic, yes, I wouldn’t mind seeing extra time, but keep in mind that healers might get nerfed as a result. I wouldn’t mind that compromise.
    I'd rather they compromise by increasing the time only for th13, but back when they tried it the first time I believe they said they weren't interested in having different times for different halls. I don't recall if the reasoning was it was too complicated to set up or just not something they thought fit well, but I remember that was part of the discussion. When they added more time it was too much time at lower halls. A slow gowipe was dominant at lower halls with that extra time.

Th12 was at a great balance before th13 dropped, so maybe they will be able to get th13 there too without needing any extra time.
    Last edited by 2222; December 15th, 2019 at 04:17 AM.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. How is war map placement of max halls determined you ask, check out threads like this one. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, check this thread on how to fight collusion here.

Forum Veteran
    Two additional building at th13 but still with the same size of map
    No additional spell ... No additional time ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alishr99 View Post
    Two additional building at th13 but still with the same size of map
    ...but several buildings reduced in size, so...

I'm always in favour of more time because I believe even if you give most attacks unlimited time they won't 3 star. But lots of people here are against it apparently.

Pro Member
    More time = more queen walks, and even without them the 3-star rate increased way too much.

2 extra buildings, map size still the same. Defensive and offensive strength will still be in balance, so why would extra time be needed?

Forum Champion
    Double edged sword. Extra time for attackers to grab *your* loot and get that extra star from *your* base.

It is not needed.
    Buildings HP might have increased but so has the dps of troops and heroes (+1 too).
    3 stars are all over the place atm.